Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New promotion from the New York lottery!

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
DetroitLionBoy's avatar - Detroit01

United States
Member #159085
September 12, 2014
111 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2014, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

"Buy one $5 lottery ticket of Monopoly Millionaires Club, get $1 off your next Monopoly Millionaires Club purchase"

Thoughts on this promotion? so if i wanna get 2 tickets for this game i would pay 9 bucks for 2? i dont like this promotion lol. I liked the take 5 and the mega millions promotion :(

Cash 4 life 3/5 numbers= $25 (9/1/14)
TAKE 5 4/5 numbers= $775.00 (2/21/15)

im bound to win the jackpot!!  Cool

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: October 31, 2014, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

"Buy one $5 lottery ticket of Monopoly Millionaires Club, get $1 off your next Monopoly Millionaires Club purchase"

Thoughts on this promotion? so if i wanna get 2 tickets for this game i would pay 9 bucks for 2? i dont like this promotion lol. I liked the take 5 and the mega millions promotion :(

California lottery has a promotion going where- for $5.00 you get 2 PB & 2 Superlotto plus " QP" tixs. You save yourself a $1.00

DetroitLionBoy's avatar - Detroit01

United States
      Member #159085
      September 12, 2014
      111 Posts
      Posted: October 31, 2014, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

California lottery has a promotion going where- for $5.00 you get 2 PB & 2 Superlotto plus " QP" tixs. You save yourself a $1.00

Wish New York would do that promo similarly :(

Cash 4 life 3/5 numbers= $25 (9/1/14)
      TAKE 5 4/5 numbers= $775.00 (2/21/15)

im bound to win the jackpot!!  Cool

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3157 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2014, 1:26 am - IP Logged

I thought you were joking. They should be embarrassed to offer this.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
          Happyland
          United States
          Member #146344
          September 1, 2013
          1129 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2014, 1:41 am - IP Logged

$1? Not even half off? Or buy one get one?

I've seen some lousy promotions but this one takes the cake. It's basically the equivalent of giving you 8 cents.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
          P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

South Carolina
            United States
            Member #18322
            July 9, 2005
            1704 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2014, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Anytime a state has to have a promotion to sell an expensive $5 lottery ticket, that means sales aren't as good as the state expected in the first place, and they have to resort to promoting the hell out of the game, to save face.

United States
              Member #145267
              August 1, 2013
              1510 Posts
              Posted: November 1, 2014, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Yes I agree, and they are trying to pull players in that would not play in the first play.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                NY
                United States
                Member #121961
                January 21, 2012
                3157 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2014, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I had to see if this was real.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19826 Posts
                  Posted: November 1, 2014, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Anytime a state has to have a promotion to sell an expensive $5 lottery ticket, that means sales aren't as good as the state expected in the first place, and they have to resort to promoting the hell out of the game, to save face.

Ohio have been doing that with their Classic Lotto and Rolling Cash5 games which are $1 per ticket but I can't figure their angle.  Their play slips only have five boards and to get a free ticket you have to have 10 plays on one ticket and the only way to do that is to ask for a $10 QP.  Either they want players to stop picking their own numbers or buy $5 worth of personal picks for two drawings which I don't qualify for the promotion.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking