Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Rise of the machines?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 2 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10356 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2014, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Strange day yesterday.

First at the post office the Automatic Postal Center wasn't working right. I was going to check how much postage a letter needed but when I pressed "Mail a letter or package" nothing happened.

Then I looked on the bottom and it said Espanol, but the options were all in English. So then I hit Espanol to see if that would work, and the options were all in Spanish.

Never did straighten itself out so I left.

Then the lotto........went to the customer service counter at a grocery, played a Pick3, OK, then played a Lucky Day (5/39) on a filled out playslip. $1, Evening draw, no EZ Match. The clerk runs the ticket, I get two lines of numbers.....

8   12   31   34   42
8   23   31   36   42.

Neither was a QP, only one board was filled out on the playslip.

Kind of strange, especially since the first, third, and fifth numbers were the same.

Of course, the numbers weren't even close to the drawing.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2659 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2014, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Skeptical weird .....

Lottonomics's avatar - box

United States
      Member #133657
      October 5, 2012
      82 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2014, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Weird, I also had a strange day yesterday. Went to buy some Super Lotto Plus tickets on one of those self service machines, put in the money and scanned my play slip. The machine stood there processing for a good while. Eventually there was a message on the screen that said something about no longer accepting online purchases Confused and if I wanted to continue or get a refund. I pushed refund and it printed a refund ticket. When I went to the cashier to get my refund she was having issues trying to cash another person's winning scratcher.

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2014, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

My Garmin GPS is messing with me. It tries hard not to charge in my car charger.