Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Makes it Harder to Study Previous Combinations

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 2 years ago by p4wanbi.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
Member #134627
November 2, 2012
1004 Posts
Posted: November 22, 2014, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Lately I noticed that lists of previous winning combinations online in Cash 3, FL became messed up. They do not show winning combinations in proper order, from Midday game to Evening game, but instead Midday and Evening get switched a lot. That makes it harder for someone studying previous combinations to figure occurrences correctly, to notice trends, if they do not rewrite the list fro themselves in proper order. Before it was possible to simply print the page and work on it. Now person has to rewrite. That means there was something rational in working those numbers on paper. I encourage interested people to keep their own log of winning combinations or correctly rewrite what's published on Cash 3 page. Then again, what if they make mistakes, may be even purposeful, when publishing? Keep your own log.

Another hint: everything people post on Lottery post is, obviously, red by lottery stuff. They study closely how people try, and may be succeed in cracking lottery. They use this knowledge against customers, making figuring lottery harder. If one is not after fame game with ratings and such, keep your discoveries to yourself or close circle of your friends who is not going to popularise your hard work online thus giving lottery advantage of knowing secret steps and as a result changing their strategy.

Wyomissing, PA
    United States
    Member #161050
    November 15, 2014
    301 Posts
    Posted: November 22, 2014, 11:01 am - IP Logged

In recent years, many lotteries have changed their websites to highlight new instant games, promotions, and large jackpots on the homepage instead of number games - often not even listing daily draw results on their homepage anymore; burying such data deep inside their site. Many lotteries treat traditional number games (pick 3, pick 4, in-state lotto, etc) as old, outdated product and not overly promoting them. And by extension, lack of support and understanding of what many numbers players desire.

PA Lottery redid their website a couple of years back, and it's mediocre for numbers players. It's not terrible, but degraded from what it was. Many lotteries are far worse - Ohio's lottery website abomination makes PA seem fantastic. Ohio requires scrolling right and left just to view daily draw results. Worse, just to view past recent results requires searching.

Expect the issue to get worse in many states. The trend looks bleak - most lottery website updates I see dial-up the glitz at the expense of functionality; less data readily available for numbers players. However, if enough players complain, that may help in states that still, at least to some extent, value numbers players ... it did in PA - they redid their homepage to display all results with just one click (not ideal, but a compromise) instead of clicking and scrolling all over the place, and restored the ability to search past winning numbers.

Bottom line, in my view, it's not a conspiracy, but rather many lotteries simply don't care about supporting a shrinking base of diehard traditional numbers players. They'd rather court players who play quickpick / don't analyze their number selections, and push their higher selling products, in particular, instant games, which in many states now generate over 50% of their gross lottery revenue.

Winner
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #155844
      May 31, 2014
      1926 Posts
      Posted: November 22, 2014, 11:13 am - IP Logged

thanks for lotterypost

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
        Ontario
        Canada
        Member #109243
        April 9, 2011
        31439 Posts
        Posted: November 22, 2014, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Lately I noticed that lists of previous winning combinations online in Cash 3, FL became messed up. They do not show winning combinations in proper order, from Midday game to Evening game, but instead Midday and Evening get switched a lot. That makes it harder for someone studying previous combinations to figure occurrences correctly, to notice trends, if they do not rewrite the list fro themselves in proper order. Before it was possible to simply print the page and work on it. Now person has to rewrite. That means there was something rational in working those numbers on paper. I encourage interested people to keep their own log of winning combinations or correctly rewrite what's published on Cash 3 page. Then again, what if they make mistakes, may be even purposeful, when publishing? Keep your own log.

Another hint: everything people post on Lottery post is, obviously, red by lottery stuff. They study closely how people try, and may be succeed in cracking lottery. They use this knowledge against customers, making figuring lottery harder. If one is not after fame game with ratings and such, keep your discoveries to yourself or close circle of your friends who is not going to popularise your hard work online thus giving lottery advantage of knowing secret steps and as a result changing their strategy.

I've Never Seen The Combined Results Posted In This Format Here.E-M-M-E-E-M-M-E-E

Kind Of Confusing For Sure.

http://www.floridalottery.com/exptkt/c3.htm

The Best Way To Track Past Results Is Through An Excel File Or Spreadsheet.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #104962
          January 23, 2011
          1075 Posts
          Posted: November 22, 2014, 11:58 am - IP Logged

In recent years, many lotteries have changed their websites to highlight new instant games, promotions, and large jackpots on the homepage instead of number games - often not even listing daily draw results on their homepage anymore; burying such data deep inside their site. Many lotteries treat traditional number games (pick 3, pick 4, in-state lotto, etc) as old, outdated product and not overly promoting them. And by extension, lack of support and understanding of what many numbers players desire.

PA Lottery redid their website a couple of years back, and it's mediocre for numbers players. It's not terrible, but degraded from what it was. Many lotteries are far worse - Ohio's lottery website abomination makes PA seem fantastic. Ohio requires scrolling right and left just to view daily draw results. Worse, just to view past recent results requires searching.

Expect the issue to get worse in many states. The trend looks bleak - most lottery website updates I see dial-up the glitz at the expense of functionality; less data readily available for numbers players. However, if enough players complain, that may help in states that still, at least to some extent, value numbers players ... it did in PA - they redid their homepage to display all results with just one click (not ideal, but a compromise) instead of clicking and scrolling all over the place, and restored the ability to search past winning numbers.

Bottom line, in my view, it's not a conspiracy, but rather many lotteries simply don't care about supporting a shrinking base of diehard traditional numbers players. They'd rather court players who play quickpick / don't analyze their number selections, and push their higher selling products, in particular, instant games, which in many states now generate over 50% of their gross lottery revenue.

So pretty much bottom line, they don't want people winning.  Just because the lottery doesn't say it in exact words, doesn't mean I am wrong.  Their actions prove it.

Trump 2016!

mmx1's avatar - 8ball

Canada
            Member #90040
            April 20, 2010
            487 Posts
            Posted: November 22, 2014, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

You can use Combined, Midday, Evening results for Pick3 / Pick4 at LottoMark com.

Besides that you have unique analysis, combination generators and other powerful tools.

Database is updated daily, but you can add new draws on top manually till database is updated next time.

Not updating database live has some advantages like testing previous draws to find out how the new one came out.

For that purpose you don't need a new draw in database, but you need some time to analyse previous ones.

If you have any questions let me know.

MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
              Member #132100
              August 26, 2012
              1108 Posts
              Posted: November 22, 2014, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

The Lottery Post gives the results like this:

Sat, Nov 22, 2014    4-9-2?Prize Payouts
              Fri, Nov 21, 2014    5-6-4?Prize Payouts
              Thu, Nov 20, 2014    9-8-4?Prize Payouts
              Wed, Nov 19, 2014    6-5-5?Prize Payouts
              Tue, Nov 18, 2014    3-7-0?Prize Payouts

Which might not be the way that you want them.

They might be of more use to people like this:

11/22/2014    4-9-2
              11/21/2014    5-6-4
              11/20/2014    9-8-4
              11/19/2014    6-5-5
              11/18/2014    3-7-0

Or at least like this:

11-22-2014    4-9-2
              11-21-2014    5-6-4
              11-20-2014    9-8-4
              11-19-2014    6-5-5
              11-18-2014    3-7-0

But something is better than nothing, at least a person can work on them to make them as I showed.

But to make them Mid to Eve or Eve to Mid much harder to do.

Software can be made to make the changes easier to do, but I can't make software.

Anyhow, I myself don't need as much help as some others for making changes to stuff like this.

MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
                Member #132100
                August 26, 2012
                1108 Posts
                Posted: November 22, 2014, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

In order to get anywhere on the Florida Lottery Web site, because it is very bad as they have it right now you have to:

Click on "Site Map"

Then 2 things to try:

First:

http://flalottery.com/winningNumbers.do

Then you can get something like this with it:

http://flalottery.com/site/winningNumberSearch.do?searchTypeIn=range&gameNameIn=CASH3&singleDateIn=&fromDateIn=01%2F01%2F2011&toDateIn=11%2F21%2F2014&n1In=&n2In=&n3In=&n4In=&n5In=&n6In=&pbIn=&mbIn=&lbIn=&pnIn=&clubPrizeNumber1In=&clubPrizeNumber2In=&clubPrizeNumber3In=&submitForm=Submit

Very thicky stuff, but you can work with it.

----------------

The Second way might be this:

http://flalottery.com/cash3.do

But you get either  HTML or PDF:

http://flalottery.com/exptkt/c3.htm

http://flalottery.com/exptkt/c3.pdf

It is quite a mess for sure:

11/21/14         E        0        -        1        -        1   
                    11/21/14         M        5        -        6        -        4   

11/20/14         M        9        -        8        -        4   

11/20/14         E        3        -        8        -        0   

11/19/14         E        1        -        5        -        7   
                    11/19/14         M        6        -        5        -        5   

11/18/14         M        3        -        7        -        0   

11/18/14         E        4        -        8        -        2   

11/17/14         E        8        -        6        -        3   

11/17/14         M        1        -        0        -        4   
                    11/16/14         E        4        -        6        -        6   

11/16/14         M        6        -        2        -        7   

11/15/14         M        2        -        7        -        3   

11/15/14         E        3        -        3        -        4

But it is better than nothing, I guess, you can work with it, but with a lot of work and time.

-----------------

They sure don't want to make it easy for people, yes, they don't want people to win.

--------------

At the Florida lottery Web site I didn't find any other way.

Wyomissing, PA
                  United States
                  Member #161050
                  November 15, 2014
                  301 Posts
                  Posted: November 22, 2014, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

So pretty much bottom line, they don't want people winning.  Just because the lottery doesn't say it in exact words, doesn't mean I am wrong.  Their actions prove it.

Seems a waste of effort for a lottery to intentionally "fix" traditional lottery draws. But say a lottery does - it's most likely going to be triples / quads / quintuples that would "fixed" to avoid excessive large payouts. Avoid playing such numbers, and the risk being affected by a "fix" is basically nil.

There's no reason for lotteries to hide past draw results beyond laziness and lack of care. Nor can they, since there are services that collect such data, in particular, Lottery Post. Reviewing past data can be helpful for spotting trends / play opportunities, but far from any guarantee.

And consider the payout percentage of number games is so bad (50% typical, though some states, in particular, Kentucky for pick-3 goes upto 60%), that any favorable data a player could find would most likely still leave them at a disadvantage. In all instances I've read of, in which lottery computerized randomizers malfunctioned (ie. not drawing doubles / favoring certain digits over others), the odds, for players who attempted to take advantage, was still significantly against them.

On a related note, most all lotteries hide draw testing data. Texas is a notable exception. Past draw analysis can be severely skewed, since it's missing a huge chunk of data. Ie. a number that was "overdue" already came up in a test draw. Researching how your state does draw testing / specifications of the draw equipment used may be worthwhile. Not sure if Lottery Post has a section regarding testing, but if not, be a great resource to add.

MO
                    United States
                    Member #106928
                    February 27, 2011
                    925 Posts
                    Posted: November 22, 2014, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Sound advice!

MO
                      United States
                      Member #106928
                      February 27, 2011
                      925 Posts
                      Posted: November 22, 2014, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

I agree!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1654 Posts
                        Posted: November 23, 2014, 11:28 am - IP Logged

If one is not after fame game with ratings and such, keep your discoveries to yourself or close circle of your friends who is not going to popularise your hard work online thus giving lottery advantage of knowing secret steps and as a result changing their strategy.

Uluska, I couldn't have said it better and I've said it in the past as well. So many posters here competing for fame and glory of finding the consistent system that works so they can post it for the world. What they're not considering are the repercussions of such an act...it will affect all players near and far. Just take a look at the latest article Todd has posted in Lottery News..."Kentucky Lottery Keeping An Eye On Frequent Winners." This is no different than what casinos do to a rash of people winning at their venue...they keep a close eye on them and investigate in necessary. A single winner here and there is no threat as long as they remain low key and don't popularize what they're capable of. This is the golden rule that a smart player/gambler abides by. To hell with proving what you can do by posting it for everyone to review and validate just so they can approve it, use, and abuse it. Sounds harsh but, it's the reality of what we're up against.

A winning system, in my opinion, is suppose to be for private use and generating the income you need to support yourself and interests. This is much bigger than just fame and glory or developing something that works so well you can sell it. We're dealing with GAMBLING and trying to beat the house...something they do not want from a lot of players. If that happens, the house has only two choices. One, make the game harder, or two, discontinue the game. If the latter happens, guess what? All that hard work they done to find that great system is null and void now. No more extra income to win. I could care less about being the best poster with the most followers and highly regarded by everyone because of that. The only thing that matters to me is the MONEY and protecting my interests. Granted, competition in this subject is healthy to an extent as it creates an atmosphere of becoming better. But, even 'sharing and sharing alike' in this regard can be bad if taken too far. People are watching...the people that matter are watching. It's cool to share ideas and give pointers but, keep that winning part to yourself if you wanna continue enjoying the fruits of all your hard your labor. I'm so glad that you, I, and many anonymous others are on the same page here. Cheers

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Winner
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #155844
                          May 31, 2014
                          1926 Posts
                          Posted: November 23, 2014, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

If one is not after fame game with ratings and such, keep your discoveries to yourself or close circle of your friends who is not going to popularise your hard work online thus giving lottery advantage of knowing secret steps and as a result changing their strategy.

Uluska, I couldn't have said it better and I've said it in the past as well. So many posters here competing for fame and glory of finding the consistent system that works so they can post it for the world. What they're not considering are the repercussions of such an act...it will affect all players near and far. Just take a look at the latest article Todd has posted in Lottery News..."Kentucky Lottery Keeping An Eye On Frequent Winners." This is no different than what casinos do to a rash of people winning at their venue...they keep a close eye on them and investigate in necessary. A single winner here and there is no threat as long as they remain low key and don't popularize what they're capable of. This is the golden rule that a smart player/gambler abides by. To hell with proving what you can do by posting it for everyone to review and validate just so they can approve it, use, and abuse it. Sounds harsh but, it's the reality of what we're up against.

A winning system, in my opinion, is suppose to be for private use and generating the income you need to support yourself and interests. This is much bigger than just fame and glory or developing something that works so well you can sell it. We're dealing with GAMBLING and trying to beat the house...something they do not want from a lot of players. If that happens, the house has only two choices. One, make the game harder, or two, discontinue the game. If the latter happens, guess what? All that hard work they done to find that great system is null and void now. No more extra income to win. I could care less about being the best poster with the most followers and highly regarded by everyone because of that. The only thing that matters to me is the MONEY and protecting my interests. Granted, competition in this subject is healthy to an extent as it creates an atmosphere of becoming better. But, even 'sharing and sharing alike' in this regard can be bad if taken too far. People are watching...the people that matter are watching. It's cool to share ideas and give pointers but, keep that winning part to yourself if you wanna continue enjoying the fruits of all your hard your labor. I'm so glad that you, I, and many anonymous others are on the same page here. Cheers

L.L.

I Agree!   I rather have real life success than Internet success anyday.   Careless how popular I am in cyber world..     2 of my best LP teachers were hated on harshly.   Matchmaker & Lantern.

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            WA
                            United States
                            Member #122238
                            January 27, 2012
                            180 Posts
                            Posted: November 27, 2014, 11:01 am - IP Logged

The house has all the rights to set the rules. It's inevitable they do not want people to win. However, pro players program their own historical data and generate their own analyses base on those data. I personally keep track of numbers my own way, and time the patterns.

Don't spend time focus on what the house does behind the scene, focus on what YOU think is the proper way to prosper or at least even out.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.