Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OHIO Lottery Machine was Hack using Fhhl Hacking it.

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 2 years ago by SergeM.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bettrah0's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-Wk54Oq2cEP6Si8flWqheSk1_bIClcGQ1dlrIzoSGrH9E
North Andros
Bahamas
Member #161250
November 22, 2014
1 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2014, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Family Lotto IMVU lottery all Imvu Detention Glory on LotteryPost the Number 653 suppose to be FALL and 543 supoose to come because they Hack the Lottery Machine ...

Hackers hack the Database in OHIO and they cannot be In JAIL, Doing that through FHHL what is being Call, HHL they cannot hack my baby imvu

++Jealous Hackers++

Kill Them

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    3972 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2014, 10:09 am - IP Logged

What you say man, i dont'a know but you sure be on to something.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

South Carolina
      United States
      Member #18322
      July 9, 2005
      1704 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2014, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Family Lotto IMVU lottery all Imvu Detention Glory on LotteryPost the Number 653 suppose to be FALL and 543 supoose to come because they Hack the Lottery Machine ...

Hackers hack the Database in OHIO and they cannot be In JAIL, Doing that through FHHL what is being Call, HHL they cannot hack my baby imvu

++Jealous Hackers++

Kill Them

I don't understand what you're talking about here.  If someone HACKED into the Ohio lottery, it should be in the NEWS FORUM here on LP.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5600 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2014, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

What you say man, i dont'a know but you sure be on to something.

RL

I think he's not on TO something....he's just ON something.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3972 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2014, 7:16 am - IP Logged

I think he's not on TO something....he's just ON something.

robbuckeye

Just practicing my Caribbean slang, LOL

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

NASHVILLE, TENN
            United States
            Member #33372
            February 20, 2006
            1044 Posts
            Posted: December 7, 2014, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I have wondered why hackers don't target the computerized lotteries.  There is much more money to be made and less chance of getting caught.  If they knew the algorithym, they could reprogram the machine to spit out the results they wanted when they wanted them.

Why hack Target or Sony? 

If I were a hacker, I would go for the states P4 and win about $5,000 per month per state.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
              Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1698 Posts
              Posted: December 7, 2014, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

I have wondered why hackers don't target the computerized lotteries.  There is much more money to be made and less chance of getting caught.  If they knew the algorithym, they could reprogram the machine to spit out the results they wanted when they wanted them.

Why hack Target or Sony? 

If I were a hacker, I would go for the states P4 and win about $5,000 per month per state.

The draw machines are not connected to any network. They are stand-alone machines.

California describes their procedures on their website saying:

"The automated draws machine are state-of-the-art, stand-alone computers. Two automated machines and three randomization methods are used for the daily draws. The computers hard drive cannot be opened without breaking a numbered security seal and the programs inside the computer that generate the random numbers are permanently implanted and cannot be altered."

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23267 Posts
                Posted: December 7, 2014, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

The draw machines are not connected to any network. They are stand-alone machines.

California describes their procedures on their website saying:

"The automated draws machine are state-of-the-art, stand-alone computers. Two automated machines and three randomization methods are used for the daily draws. The computers hard drive cannot be opened without breaking a numbered security seal and the programs inside the computer that generate the random numbers are permanently implanted and cannot be altered."

G

Those kinds of assurances make me lol. You don't need to remove a hard drive to hack a computer and a program could easily bypass that hardcoded rng -- just by not calling it. The Iranians who had their nuclear power plants taken down had stand-alone computers too.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                  Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1698 Posts
                  Posted: December 7, 2014, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Those kinds of assurances make me lol. You don't need to remove a hard drive to hack a computer and a program could easily bypass that hardcoded rng -- just by not calling it. The Iranians who had their nuclear power plants taken down had stand-alone computers too.

Good points Todd, but how would you implant the program?

New Mexico seems to go further with their security saying....

"There is no network or internet access. The system is locked into the console and stored inside a secure room with restricted access. Log-on validation is required prior to the start of the game. Once the system is powered up every keystroke is record to a secure log that cannot be altered."

I'm not even sure you could run a nuclear power plant without some type network. If one stand-alone computer went down you'd lose control of that function of the plant.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: December 7, 2014, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Why hack Target or Sony? 

Target and Sony were probably thinking the same things before they knew they had been hacked.  The problem is most people don't know their computers have been hacked until after they start noticing problems.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3972 Posts
                      Posted: December 7, 2014, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

"There is no network or internet access. The system is locked into the console and stored inside a secure room with restricted access. Log-on validation is required prior to the start of the game. Once the system is powered up every keystroke is record to a secure log that cannot be altered."

I'm not even sure you could run a nuclear power plant without some type network. If one stand-alone computer went down you'd lose control of that function of the plant.

G

All security systems at some point have a human managing them.   A security manager may have a great 

system at work but many like to take their work home where the security may not be that good.  The tech's

that maintain the equipment come and go almost as often as the rain.  Find the person behind the throne and

start there.  Ever heard it said that mechanics cars are the least maintained.  Who wants to fix cars all day long

then come home and work on their own stuff.   Personal computers cannot be made 100% safe and if a person

wants to stay on top of everything then there won't be time to do anything else.   When computers become 100%

safe from hackers then that's when I will start worrying. 

P.S. It's not really a computer problem, it's more computer + user.

RL

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                        Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: December 7, 2014, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

When I find the money for it, I get one good computer disconnected from Internet. - Some hack for sports, I could still laugh about it when the computer wasn't more than some tool to keep busy in my free time. Today you can shop and bank online. Fun is over, a computer is to be taken serious and being hacked or getting the settings set wrong by some program is no fun. ... I pay for the antiviral and firewall program. A computer is an expensive tool that consumes your money. I liked those years without phone, tv and computer. Just consider the savings!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23267 Posts
                          Posted: December 7, 2014, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

G

There are lots of ways of getting malware onto a computer that does not involve a network.  Again, it makes no matter if they record keystrokes or not.  That is smoke and mirrors.  Malware does not spread through keystrokes.  Statements like that are made as if technology has not advanced since the 1980s.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                            Economy class
                            Belgium
                            Member #123700
                            February 27, 2012
                            4035 Posts
                            Posted: December 8, 2014, 9:42 am - IP Logged

That reminds me eastereggs coming with software.