Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Le, Lo, He, Ho And The Lava Lamp

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 2 years ago by garyo1954.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1698 Posts
Posted: November 27, 2014, 3:10 am - IP Logged

Sometimes going forward requires going back.  The symmetry of numbers call be misleading, like a passage in a maze, and we find a dead end.

This chart of hi/lo and even/odd numbers is a breakdown of the sets for the 1000 combinations in any Pick3 game.

We can see that each of the 8 sets that comprise evens/odd and hi/los are made up of 125 combinations. When we run a set of draws, we see most of these sets produce hits within a few percentage points of the projected 125 combos per set.

We can do another chart and look at the positions the his/los and evens/odds are hitting.

From this chart we can see that hi numbers hit better than lo in all three positions.

We can see that odd numbers hit better in the first two positions.

We can even make projections based on whether a hi number or an even number is due in any position.

We could even combine the two thoughts and theorize a hi/even or a low/odd is due in each position.

Nothing wrong with that.

We can track patterns HHL, HHH, HLL, LLH, EEE, EOO, EOE, etc.

Any way we track it, we still have 125 combinations in set.

But why do we track draws in two different sets? What would happen if we combined these and tracked them in ONE set?

If we intermingle hi/lo and even/odd, we come up with 64 sets. Rather than a pattern like L-L-L and a separate pattern of E-E-E, we now have LELELE. LE= LoEven, LO=LoOdd, HE= HighEven, HO=HighOdd. Our 100 draws produce the result on the right side of the chart.

Not a fan of any acronyms longer than words but its here to clarify each set.

As you can see you no longer find yourself strapped with 125 HHH, LLL, EEE, OOO combinations. You only have 64 sets that denote the combinations exactly. And each set had no more than 27 combinations total. What could be simpler?

Moreover, these 64 sets produce hits in line with the projected percentages of the 1000 combinations in any Pick3. Sets with 27 combinations will produce 2 to 4 hits per 100; sets with 18 combinations 2 to 3 hits per hundred; etc. 

Submitted for your review in keeping with the Lava Lamp Mysteries.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    3972 Posts
    Posted: November 27, 2014, 6:22 am - IP Logged

Gary

I have a old p-3 wheel that allows the user to set hi/lo and odd/eve by position.  I never thought

about analyzing both together but looks interesting.   Would you play patterns that are out the

longest or by calculating skips?

RL 

p-3

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

FrankieH's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #21258
      September 5, 2005
      267 Posts
      Posted: November 27, 2014, 9:02 am - IP Logged

Sometimes going forward requires going back.  The symmetry of numbers call be misleading, like a passage in a maze, and we find a dead end.

This chart of hi/lo and even/odd numbers is a breakdown of the sets for the 1000 combinations in any Pick3 game.

We can see that each of the 8 sets that comprise evens/odd and hi/los are made up of 125 combinations. When we run a set of draws, we see most of these sets produce hits within a few percentage points of the projected 125 combos per set.

We can do another chart and look at the positions the his/los and evens/odds are hitting.

From this chart we can see that hi numbers hit better than lo in all three positions.

We can see that odd numbers hit better in the first two positions.

We can even make projections based on whether a hi number or an even number is due in any position.

We could even combine the two thoughts and theorize a hi/even or a low/odd is due in each position.

Nothing wrong with that.

We can track patterns HHL, HHH, HLL, LLH, EEE, EOO, EOE, etc.

Any way we track it, we still have 125 combinations in set.

But why do we track draws in two different sets? What would happen if we combined these and tracked them in ONE set?

If we intermingle hi/lo and even/odd, we come up with 64 sets. Rather than a pattern like L-L-L and a separate pattern of E-E-E, we now have LELELE. LE= LoEven, LO=LoOdd, HE= HighEven, HO=HighOdd. Our 100 draws produce the result on the right side of the chart.

Not a fan of any acronyms longer than words but its here to clarify each set.

As you can see you no longer find yourself strapped with 125 HHH, LLL, EEE, OOO combinations. You only have 64 sets that denote the combinations exactly. And each set had no more than 27 combinations total. What could be simpler?

Moreover, these 64 sets produce hits in line with the projected percentages of the 1000 combinations in any Pick3. Sets with 27 combinations will produce 2 to 4 hits per 100; sets with 18 combinations 2 to 3 hits per hundred; etc. 

Submitted for your review in keeping with the Lava Lamp Mysteries.

G

Happy Thanksgiving Gary!!

I'm going to check this chart out in depth tomorrow. Smile

It's better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.

Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1698 Posts
        Posted: November 28, 2014, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Gary

I have a old p-3 wheel that allows the user to set hi/lo and odd/eve by position.  I never thought

about analyzing both together but looks interesting.   Would you play patterns that are out the

longest or by calculating skips?

RL 

p-3

That looks cool RL!

I'd expect to play these much the same as another trap. These sets stay out a long time. It's a hit and forget play. And when they do hit, checking 6600 draws, it's never more than 2 in a row, except for the one dummy who didn't get the message (HOHOHO hit 4 times in a row.)

I did notice a couple of sets doing the skip, hit, skip stuff so I need to take a closer look.

Since the sets are small, and it looks promising as a straight system, or an elimination system, I need to see where it leads before going forward with the other idea. 

Without more work breaking the sets down and tracking them, I'm speculating.

Was hoping someone else had already started this process and had some ideas.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1698 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2014, 1:46 am - IP Logged

Why all the LE,LO,HE,HO stuff?

Naturally by tracking H/L and E/O we can see a combination with 2 Highs and/or 2 Evens is due, but we can't tell where the highs or evens, or lows or odds are likely to fall.

LE, LO, HO, He also tell us what digit to expect in a given position when playing straight. LE digits are 0,2,4; LO digits are 1,3; HE digits are 6,8; and HO digits are 5,7,9. By knowing these, we know what digits comprise the set.

Below is the 8 highest producing sets. Each set contains 27 combinations and is made up 3 to 6 digits. Interesting to note that sets LELELE (all low even) and HOHOHO (all high odd) are two of the top three consistent producers of hits averaging 25.14 and 24.71 per 1000 draws respectively. I've always tried to avoid all evens, all high, all low, and all odds. Something to think about. A clue to their popularity might be they each contain 18 doubles and 3 triples in the 27 combinations. Doesn't leave many singles. 

These 8 sets make up 21.6% of the 1000 base set. They basically hit 1 in every five draws. (each of the first 6 hit columns is 100 draws. The last column is 608, where we currently stand in the Texas Night3. Notice the H column. That is the most that particular set has hit in a row.  2 Hits in a row in 1000 draws is a very small percentage.

G

Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            1698 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2014, 1:52 am - IP Logged

The next group of 24 is made up of sets that contain 18 combinations, made up of 5 to 8 numbers. They comprise 432 of the base 100 numbers meaning they hit  4 of every ten draws. Again we see the sets hit and stop. They may pass the torch around, but rarely will you see the same set hit back to back.

This is the same breakdown using the Texas Night3.

G

Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1698 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2014, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Another group of 24, these sets contain 12 combinations made up of 5 to 7 digits. They total 288 of the possible 100 combinations.

They will hit about 3 in 10 draws.

G

Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1698 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2014, 2:08 am - IP Logged

Finally, the last group made up of 8 sets, containing 8 combinations each, made up of 2 to 4 digits.

They total only 64 of the 1000 combinations. At an average of 7 times per thousand draws they are never going to be the big hitters. More like cannon fodder, (or spoilers added in to make the state money).

That is the total 64 sets comprising the LE, LO, HE, HO categories. Each combination, the number of combos in the set, the number of digits in each set, and how often they can be expected to hit (or not) is done.

Those who play for straights might find it useful.

Definitely, there is more to do with this idea. Still trying to come up with a shorter name conventions.

G

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                  ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                  United States
                  Member #4924
                  June 3, 2004
                  5896 Posts
                  Posted: December 5, 2014, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Gary,

Hope I am not intruding with this post. Quite awhile ago, Win D came up with this idea, called guess 4 things.

the excel formula

=IF(SUM(ISNUMBER(MATCH(MID($F21,{1,2,3},1)+0,{5,6,7,8,9},0))+0)>1,1,2)&IF(SUM((MOD(MID($F21,
                  {1,2,3},1)+0,2)=0)+0)>1,1,2)&IF(SUM(ISNUMBER(MATCH(MID($F21,{1,2,3},1)+0,{3,4,5,6,7},0))+0)>1,1,2)&IF(SUM((ABS(MID($F21,{1,1,2},1)-MID($F21,{2,3,3},1))=1)+0),1,IF(SUM(ISNUMBER(MATCH({0,9},MID($F21,{1,2,3},1)+0,0))+0)=2,1,2))&SUM(--(ABS(C21:E21-TRANSPOSE(C21:E21))=5))/2

I added the part in red for mirrors to make it a guess 5 things. Don't know if it will help any with your

LOLEHOHE method or not.

I. 1. Mostly to All HIGH (5,6,7,8,9) ..... or

2. Mostly to All LOW (0,1,2,3,4)

II. 1. Mostly to All EVEN (0,2,4,6,8)...or

2. Mostly to All ODD ( 1,3,5,7,9)

III. 1. Mostly to All IN digits (3,4,5,6,7) ...... or

2. Mostly to All OUT (0,1,2,8,9)

IV. 1. Cosecutive Pair , 0-9, is consec

2. NO Consecutive Pair

Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1698 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2014, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Gary,

Hope I am not intruding with this post. Quite awhile ago, Win D came up with this idea, called guess 4 things.

the excel formula

=IF(SUM(ISNUMBER(MATCH(MID($F21,{1,2,3},1)+0,{5,6,7,8,9},0))+0)>1,1,2)&IF(SUM((MOD(MID($F21,
                    {1,2,3},1)+0,2)=0)+0)>1,1,2)&IF(SUM(ISNUMBER(MATCH(MID($F21,{1,2,3},1)+0,{3,4,5,6,7},0))+0)>1,1,2)&IF(SUM((ABS(MID($F21,{1,1,2},1)-MID($F21,{2,3,3},1))=1)+0),1,IF(SUM(ISNUMBER(MATCH({0,9},MID($F21,{1,2,3},1)+0,0))+0)=2,1,2))&SUM(--(ABS(C21:E21-TRANSPOSE(C21:E21))=5))/2

I added the part in red for mirrors to make it a guess 5 things. Don't know if it will help any with your

LOLEHOHE method or not.

I. 1. Mostly to All HIGH (5,6,7,8,9) ..... or

2. Mostly to All LOW (0,1,2,3,4)

II. 1. Mostly to All EVEN (0,2,4,6,8)...or

2. Mostly to All ODD ( 1,3,5,7,9)

III. 1. Mostly to All IN digits (3,4,5,6,7) ...... or

2. Mostly to All OUT (0,1,2,8,9)

IV. 1. Cosecutive Pair , 0-9, is consec

2. NO Consecutive Pair

Afternoon Bob!

I was hoping to double check the calculations today but.....

I combined all the Texas Pick 3 drawings and ran a few programs on that.

Some things expected to come down didn't and some things expected to not change did.

I made the promise. My foot is stuck in it. And I need to know why?

About the only thing that seems unaffected is vTracs. Mirrors were staying out in one position up to 41 draws, haven't seen any out longer than 34 since this 4 draws a day stuff started (using the combined draws).

That may be temporary too.

Some digits don't stay out as long, some stay out longer.

Where high numbers were leading low numbers by about 500 in any position, the combined draws results are about equal. That indicates some of the additional draws contain more low balls.

Thinking maybe doing baselines for each individual game and comparing those against each other and then against the combined draws.

Maybe I'll bake chocolate chip cookies and nap on it.

G