Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has any member won more than $100K paying Lotto?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Artist77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
homestead
United States
Member #158182
August 14, 2014
132 Posts
Posted: December 2, 2014, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Enquiring minds want to know. Of all the winners who are members, has anyone ever won more than $100K or over $1 Million? If you did, what was the felling of winning that kind of money? Did you decide to go public with your winnings or did you as the Lottery commission to not publish your picture? I find that if people see the name of the Lottery winner and not their face, the chances are no one will bother you. Do you agree?

noahwill's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
    Melbourne
    Australia
    Member #160219
    October 22, 2014
    42 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2014, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Not yet.... But I would also agree that if you get your face out there you're more likely to get bothered. The more anonymous the better if you ask me but im the silent type :)

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4101 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2014, 1:33 am - IP Logged

.. l think there are a few lottery members that have picked " 5 of 6" numbers DF, in fact there are some who advertise it.However l have no idea what their cheque looked like- suffice to say it will remain private, and that's A-ok with me.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
        Happyland
        United States
        Member #146344
        September 1, 2013
        1129 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2014, 1:39 am - IP Logged

Two members off the top of my head.....one hit $100K on a scratch-off about 3 months ago and another's wife hit $1 million on a QP last year.

I personally haven't hit a jackpot but if I did, I would feel pretty relieved/secure and take all the measures necessary to remain as anonymous as possible.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
        If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
        P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7295 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2014, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Enquiring minds want to know. Of all the winners who are members, has anyone ever won more than $100K or over $1 Million? If you did, what was the felling of winning that kind of money? Did you decide to go public with your winnings or did you as the Lottery commission to not publish your picture? I find that if people see the name of the Lottery winner and not their face, the chances are no one will bother you. Do you agree?

"I find that if people see the name of the Lottery winner and not their face, the chances are no one will bother you. Do you agree?"

It's not seeing the address or phone number that prevents people from bothering them, but some people think there is a story to be told even when there is none. We had some very heated debates over Gloria Mackenzie's privacy after she won a $590 million PB jackpot including the circumstances of how she bought her ticket. Reporters were camped out at her home. 

Ellwood "Bunky" Bartlett actually loved being in the line light with several news stories about him. Do you really think there is something we could learn from an LP member who won a large jackpot that wasn't said by Bunky?

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            WA
            United States
            Member #122238
            January 27, 2012
            179 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2014, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

yes...i know people who won more thank 100k

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4782 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2014, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

My name is Gloria MacKenzie and I won more than $590 million in the single largest jackpot win in Powerball history!

J'aime La France.

homestead
                United States
                Member #158182
                August 14, 2014
                132 Posts
                Posted: December 6, 2014, 4:18 am - IP Logged

I wonder if she'll make an appearance on How the Lottery Changed My Life.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4782 Posts
                  Posted: December 6, 2014, 8:07 am - IP Logged

"I find that if people see the name of the Lottery winner and not their face, the chances are no one will bother you. Do you agree?"

It's not seeing the address or phone number that prevents people from bothering them, but some people think there is a story to be told even when there is none. We had some very heated debates over Gloria Mackenzie's privacy after she won a $590 million PB jackpot including the circumstances of how she bought her ticket. Reporters were camped out at her home. 

Ellwood "Bunky" Bartlett actually loved being in the line light with several news stories about him. Do you really think there is something we could learn from an LP member who won a large jackpot that wasn't said by Bunky?

Was Bunky the chubby Wiccan guy?

J'aime La France.