Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Need help with strategies on finding patterns in the pick 3

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 2 years ago by picktowin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Warren, MI
United States
Member #160169
October 20, 2014
59 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2014, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Anyone on here that is familiar with finding patterns on the daily 3 in order to use filters at a certain time for an advantage? I've read about filters for the past couple days and would like to use them but don't know WHEN to use them. I see that MonEl/LANTERN suggests looking at the very last draw and up to 2nd, 3rd and 4th to last draws or however long in the past until some filter(s) can be eliminated based on the recent draws but I don't get the in depth process of looking back in time (thousands of draws) and seeing that trend/pattern in the PAST to find WHEN to eliminate those certain filters in the upcoming draw?  What exactly am I looking for? How do I know what move to make when I see a certain pattern from the past that has showed up this week or last week or 2 weeks ago and which patterns am I looking for? What move do I make from there (the opposite, the same trend, or a bit of both?) Anyone who has studied their states or others for a good amount of time please help me understand this concept through this topic or pm please I would really appreciate it.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1744 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2014, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Anyone on here that is familiar with finding patterns on the daily 3 in order to use filters at a certain time for an advantage? I've read about filters for the past couple days and would like to use them but don't know WHEN to use them. I see that MonEl/LANTERN suggests looking at the very last draw and up to 2nd, 3rd and 4th to last draws or however long in the past until some filter(s) can be eliminated based on the recent draws but I don't get the in depth process of looking back in time (thousands of draws) and seeing that trend/pattern in the PAST to find WHEN to eliminate those certain filters in the upcoming draw?  What exactly am I looking for? How do I know what move to make when I see a certain pattern from the past that has showed up this week or last week or 2 weeks ago and which patterns am I looking for? What move do I make from there (the opposite, the same trend, or a bit of both?) Anyone who has studied their states or others for a good amount of time please help me understand this concept through this topic or pm please I would really appreciate it.

Try this link by  Lantern [Mon El] about Filtering strategies:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/129597

Do a ALL HISTORY Search in the Lottery SYSTEMS FORUM for "Filters Lantern".  You should get 2 pages of enough thread information, regarding Lantern's Filter threads. He has changed his name several times over the years - Lantern, Excalibur, Mon El

Warren, MI
      United States
      Member #160169
      October 20, 2014
      59 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2014, 3:14 am - IP Logged

Ok thank you very much for the info and that topic I will check all of those out, might clear some things up hopefully.

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1744 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2014, 3:22 am - IP Logged

In my opinion:

FYI: Lantern is the FILTERING GURU on LP.

WinD and Laverne Maloney are two of many LP members who are good at observing PATTERNS in the game of lottery.

Lotto Laughs is the Pick 3 Lottery Systems Guru.

We should make a List of those esteemed LP members who have contributed so much to LP over the years, and who deserve recognition and a Title here on LP.

The LP Membership should NOMINATE and VOTE on your FAVORITES and tell us WHY.

Like the Lottery Post PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS

Obviously, someone should nominate TODD, as Owner/Administrator of LP.

Maine
          United States
          Member #99
          January 27, 2002
          1016 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2014, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Patterns and trends are very useful. I make a number of charts to see patterns that occur over and over. What I look for is a difference in the pattern,,,that is a trend. For instance...in the last 28 games there were 7 doubles. In the 28 games before those there were 7 doubles.....that is a pattern of 1 double every 4 games. If in the last 20 games there are only 3 doubles....that is a trend. I can now assume that there could be 4 doubles in the next 8 games.....that is a filter. Let's say that 1 number repeats from the game before 70%-80% of the time but you do not see this happen for 5 games in a row....that is the trend...so you could assume that  1 number will repeat from the last game in the coming game. You can see these over and over. By keeping charts on all the things that happen over and over, doubles, skip 1, skip 2, consecutive, repeats, etc. you can easily see the patterns and trends. Good luck!

If it wasn't impossible I wouldn't even consider it!

Warren, MI
            United States
            Member #160169
            October 20, 2014
            59 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2014, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Patterns and trends are very useful. I make a number of charts to see patterns that occur over and over. What I look for is a difference in the pattern,,,that is a trend. For instance...in the last 28 games there were 7 doubles. In the 28 games before those there were 7 doubles.....that is a pattern of 1 double every 4 games. If in the last 20 games there are only 3 doubles....that is a trend. I can now assume that there could be 4 doubles in the next 8 games.....that is a filter. Let's say that 1 number repeats from the game before 70%-80% of the time but you do not see this happen for 5 games in a row....that is the trend...so you could assume that  1 number will repeat from the last game in the coming game. You can see these over and over. By keeping charts on all the things that happen over and over, doubles, skip 1, skip 2, consecutive, repeats, etc. you can easily see the patterns and trends. Good luck!

I see where you are getting at, its about finding the difference from the pattern. Very interesting. What kind of charts do you make the ones you talked about? Like doubles and repeats? Do you make charts for seperate evening and midday and do you also make them for both mid and eve combined? How far do you go back in time to analyze patterns?

Warren, MI
              United States
              Member #160169
              October 20, 2014
              59 Posts
              Posted: December 5, 2014, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion:

FYI: Lantern is the FILTERING GURU on LP.

WinD and Laverne Maloney are two of many LP members who are good at observing PATTERNS in the game of lottery.

Lotto Laughs is the Pick 3 Lottery Systems Guru.

We should make a List of those esteemed LP members who have contributed so much to LP over the years, and who deserve recognition and a Title here on LP.

The LP Membership should NOMINATE and VOTE on your FAVORITES and tell us WHY.

Like the Lottery Post PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS

Obviously, someone should nominate TODD, as Owner/Administrator of LP.

Lol sounds like a good idea I will look into both Win D and Laverne Maloneys posts once I finish up reading MonEl's threads from the past (there's a lot of info I need to digest first). Thanks

MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
                Member #132100
                August 26, 2012
                1108 Posts
                Posted: December 6, 2014, 2:11 am - IP Logged

To me the pick 3 game was just entertainment, a pastime, but it got to be too entertaining, I thought about it day and night (All of the time), I think that I learned filtering all by myself, but first I learned some or a little about filters here on the Lottery Post and here I heard about wheelers with built in filters, I took a look at them and learned more about filters, there was some information about how to use filters for getting the winning number, but maybe not an exact way or ways of how to do that.

I did read that it was possible to get the winning number in more than one way, not everybody using pick 3 filters would use exactly the same way or ways.

Also I understood that if the state lotteries could not make a very big profit every year that they would close those games that could be more easily won and create newer games that would be harder to win.

I did try to learn how to make accurate predictions, but it was not easy to learn how to and I also learned that I could not make accurate predictions all of the time no matter how hard I tried, also I could not reduce the predicted numbers enough to just a very few, cause then the predictions would fail.

I sure was neither master nor guru, but I thought that I was.

I wanted to teach others about filtration, but I didn't dare to teach them exactly how I was doing it, because "The house must always win" otherwise the easier games might end and that would not make a lot of people happy.

I did say that users of filters and their patterns were using filters in more than one way.

My own particular way was "Total Pool Reduction By Moderate Use Of Filtration"

What I called my "Negative Prediction Technique"

I think that I so far never tried any of the other "prediction" ways that others were using.

-----

I guess that in a way it can be said that all ways used try to "trap" the winning number either by itself or among a group of predicted numbers.

------

Eventually I got very sick and tired of always having in my mind thoughts of the lottery games and mostly of the pick 3 game.

When I took away from my mind the lottery, I also took prediction away.

So I can no longer predict as I did, if ever I go back to predicting it might not be exactly in the same way as I used to, but who knows? I sure don't.

What people call "Random" is not exactly as most people think that it is and also it is not as random as most people think that it is.

But either way, I myself can't say that it is easy to make accurate lottery predictions nor that they can always be made.

But I now think that I am not neither master nor guru of lottery prediction, I did know one or two things about "random" and it's prediction by the use of what we call filters and their patterns and mostly by the "Negative Prediction" technique.

Somewhere among my many thousands of past posts as "LANTERN" and or maybe as "EXCALIBUR" there are some very few detailed examples of my filters technique (I think), but can no longer be 100% sure about it.

I tried to make such as few as possible and also as detailed as possible (if I remember right).

Cause the house must always win or it is bye bye pick 3 game and maybe also bye bye other lottery games.

Even so, I do feel that I need to apologize for not posting very many more detailed examples of my past filters technique, I do feel that I needed to protect those relatively few people who do make a regular profit playing the lottery games.

Those people found their way, so it is not impossible to do it.

I have tried to limit my teaching of my technique as much as possible, but I did do some person to persons teaching, but I think that there will be no more of that, but who knows?

Some general examples perhaps, but do remember, I can no longer at this time make "real" lottery predictions, maybe just simulated examples.

There are those here on the Lottery Post who maybe can be of more use to you now than myself.

Good Luck!

Maine
                  United States
                  Member #99
                  January 27, 2002
                  1016 Posts
                  Posted: December 6, 2014, 10:42 am - IP Logged

I see where you are getting at, its about finding the difference from the pattern. Very interesting. What kind of charts do you make the ones you talked about? Like doubles and repeats? Do you make charts for seperate evening and midday and do you also make them for both mid and eve combined? How far do you go back in time to analyze patterns?

My best chart is a "skip and hit chart" originally created by Gail Howard the lottery guru of old. One can be created for day, nite, day and nite, doubles, mirrors, vtracs, whatever. You use a piece of graph paper, (you can blow it up to make the squares larger). I put the date on the left side and the numbers 1 thru 0 across the top of the page. Then I color the squares under the winning numbers across the page on their date. The squares that don't have a winning number can be used to count the skips between hits. For instance if #2  hits I color the square under the column with 2 at the top of the page red and write the number 2 in the square....the hit. If  for the next games the #2 doesn't hit I put a 1,2.3.4. etc. down the column until the #2 hits again...the skips. As you fill in the chart with winners you can see all kinds of info. You can use different colors for doubles, consecutives pairs etc. so they stand out and add more info to the chart as you like, sums, mirrors etc. I think 30 games back is plenty far back to start a chart but if you fill the chart in every day it will grow fast and you will be able to go way back to help see lots of repeated patterns and trends. Sometimes I think of filtering as a way to find out what is NOT going to happen. Hope this helps.

Warren, MI
                    United States
                    Member #160169
                    October 20, 2014
                    59 Posts
                    Posted: December 8, 2014, 2:38 am - IP Logged

To me the pick 3 game was just entertainment, a pastime, but it got to be too entertaining, I thought about it day and night (All of the time), I think that I learned filtering all by myself, but first I learned some or a little about filters here on the Lottery Post and here I heard about wheelers with built in filters, I took a look at them and learned more about filters, there was some information about how to use filters for getting the winning number, but maybe not an exact way or ways of how to do that.

I did read that it was possible to get the winning number in more than one way, not everybody using pick 3 filters would use exactly the same way or ways.

Also I understood that if the state lotteries could not make a very big profit every year that they would close those games that could be more easily won and create newer games that would be harder to win.

I did try to learn how to make accurate predictions, but it was not easy to learn how to and I also learned that I could not make accurate predictions all of the time no matter how hard I tried, also I could not reduce the predicted numbers enough to just a very few, cause then the predictions would fail.

I sure was neither master nor guru, but I thought that I was.

I wanted to teach others about filtration, but I didn't dare to teach them exactly how I was doing it, because "The house must always win" otherwise the easier games might end and that would not make a lot of people happy.

I did say that users of filters and their patterns were using filters in more than one way.

My own particular way was "Total Pool Reduction By Moderate Use Of Filtration"

What I called my "Negative Prediction Technique"

I think that I so far never tried any of the other "prediction" ways that others were using.

-----

I guess that in a way it can be said that all ways used try to "trap" the winning number either by itself or among a group of predicted numbers.

------

Eventually I got very sick and tired of always having in my mind thoughts of the lottery games and mostly of the pick 3 game.

When I took away from my mind the lottery, I also took prediction away.

So I can no longer predict as I did, if ever I go back to predicting it might not be exactly in the same way as I used to, but who knows? I sure don't.

What people call "Random" is not exactly as most people think that it is and also it is not as random as most people think that it is.

But either way, I myself can't say that it is easy to make accurate lottery predictions nor that they can always be made.

But I now think that I am not neither master nor guru of lottery prediction, I did know one or two things about "random" and it's prediction by the use of what we call filters and their patterns and mostly by the "Negative Prediction" technique.

Somewhere among my many thousands of past posts as "LANTERN" and or maybe as "EXCALIBUR" there are some very few detailed examples of my filters technique (I think), but can no longer be 100% sure about it.

I tried to make such as few as possible and also as detailed as possible (if I remember right).

Cause the house must always win or it is bye bye pick 3 game and maybe also bye bye other lottery games.

Even so, I do feel that I need to apologize for not posting very many more detailed examples of my past filters technique, I do feel that I needed to protect those relatively few people who do make a regular profit playing the lottery games.

Those people found their way, so it is not impossible to do it.

I have tried to limit my teaching of my technique as much as possible, but I did do some person to persons teaching, but I think that there will be no more of that, but who knows?

Some general examples perhaps, but do remember, I can no longer at this time make "real" lottery predictions, maybe just simulated examples.

There are those here on the Lottery Post who maybe can be of more use to you now than myself.

Good Luck!

Thank you for replying to my thread I appreciate the explanations of how addicting this game can be of trying to be one-up on the pick 3 (which I'm catching a bad fever of.. sometimes losing sleep from staying up and staring at numbers all night). I understand that there will not always be a correct prediction every day and I know realistically I might win only a few times a week (box picks are what I'm trying to excel in right now until I get better and move onto straight). I appreciate the contribution you gave on filters on your previous usernames, the threads are detailed enough for me to get my foot in the door and I'm starting to get the hang of seeing patterns for my own state just by reading your examples ( I ran into a thread where you discussed static and dynamic filters, something which I'm trying to tweak for my own state so I might be able to use a filtering method that can be used for the upcoming weeks of December/January.. or until the pattern changes for MI and I have to change up the criteria for dynamic and static filters to be used once again). If you ever do one on one please let me know I would gladly partake in it. I will continue my search and just read and learn from your and others (win d, laverne maloney and many others) posts until I develop my own system. Thank you

Warren, MI
                      United States
                      Member #160169
                      October 20, 2014
                      59 Posts
                      Posted: December 8, 2014, 2:49 am - IP Logged

My best chart is a "skip and hit chart" originally created by Gail Howard the lottery guru of old. One can be created for day, nite, day and nite, doubles, mirrors, vtracs, whatever. You use a piece of graph paper, (you can blow it up to make the squares larger). I put the date on the left side and the numbers 1 thru 0 across the top of the page. Then I color the squares under the winning numbers across the page on their date. The squares that don't have a winning number can be used to count the skips between hits. For instance if #2  hits I color the square under the column with 2 at the top of the page red and write the number 2 in the square....the hit. If  for the next games the #2 doesn't hit I put a 1,2.3.4. etc. down the column until the #2 hits again...the skips. As you fill in the chart with winners you can see all kinds of info. You can use different colors for doubles, consecutives pairs etc. so they stand out and add more info to the chart as you like, sums, mirrors etc. I think 30 games back is plenty far back to start a chart but if you fill the chart in every day it will grow fast and you will be able to go way back to help see lots of repeated patterns and trends. Sometimes I think of filtering as a way to find out what is NOT going to happen. Hope this helps.

I see thanks for the suggestion I'm going to buy some graph paper soon! I never thought of that technique.. its definitely going to help me visualize a pattern in a easier way. I could possibly make a couple of these charts (each chart for a set of related filters I'd like to use) so I don't confuse myself on what I'm looking for (plus I don't have too many colored pencils to seperate each filter) For the boxed bets I think 30 draws is good enough as well to predict numbers so I will try that amount and just add from there. Thanks for sharing this chart with me

Maine
                        United States
                        Member #99
                        January 27, 2002
                        1016 Posts
                        Posted: December 8, 2014, 10:51 am - IP Logged

I see thanks for the suggestion I'm going to buy some graph paper soon! I never thought of that technique.. its definitely going to help me visualize a pattern in a easier way. I could possibly make a couple of these charts (each chart for a set of related filters I'd like to use) so I don't confuse myself on what I'm looking for (plus I don't have too many colored pencils to seperate each filter) For the boxed bets I think 30 draws is good enough as well to predict numbers so I will try that amount and just add from there. Thanks for sharing this chart with me

You are welcome. Simple but it works well. I think you will find in P3 the numbers that win the most are repeats from the previous game, skip 1's and skip 2's in that order. Wheeler's P3 system where he breaks the last game into three pairs and adds 22 to each of them almost always has the correct pair in the state where I play, but seems to work best day to day, nite to nite. All you need in P3 is the right pair but if you are very sure of one number you can match it up with Wheeler's pairs and come pretty close. Good luck!

South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #18322
                          July 9, 2005
                          1744 Posts
                          Posted: December 8, 2014, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

You are welcome. Simple but it works well. I think you will find in P3 the numbers that win the most are repeats from the previous game, skip 1's and skip 2's in that order. Wheeler's P3 system where he breaks the last game into three pairs and adds 22 to each of them almost always has the correct pair in the state where I play, but seems to work best day to day, nite to nite. All you need in P3 is the right pair but if you are very sure of one number you can match it up with Wheeler's pairs and come pretty close. Good luck!

How does Wheeler's +22 Pair system actually work ??? Is there a thread [Link]for this system ???

Maine
                            United States
                            Member #99
                            January 27, 2002
                            1016 Posts
                            Posted: December 8, 2014, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

How does Wheeler's +22 Pair system actually work ??? Is there a thread [Link]for this system ???

Wheeler posts his pairs daily on many sites here at LP. You can do it yourself easily. Take the last number, let's say it was 123. Make all the pairs from that number=12 13 and 23. Now add 22 to each number but use lottery math, do not carry .You will get 34 56 78 90, 35 57 79 91 and 45 67 89 01 pairs. Check out Wheeler's posts to see how it looks.

South Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #18322
                              July 9, 2005
                              1744 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2014, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Wheeler posts his pairs daily on many sites here at LP. You can do it yourself easily. Take the last number, let's say it was 123. Make all the pairs from that number=12 13 and 23. Now add 22 to each number but use lottery math, do not carry .You will get 34 56 78 90, 35 57 79 91 and 45 67 89 01 pairs. Check out Wheeler's posts to see how it looks.

If you break 123 up into pairs, you get = 12, 13, 23 [21, 31, 32]

Add +22 to these pairs, you get = 34, 35, 45 [43, 53, 54]