Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fun 5's scratch off in Texas

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New Braunfels
United States
Member #161740
December 9, 2014
1 Posts
Posted: December 9, 2014, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Just filed today, $248 million dollar mass suit against G-Tech, owners of said ticket.  Search to read update.  Filed in Travis County Texas.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: December 10, 2014, 1:15 am - IP Logged

What a mess. The  players will probably get screwed. A moneybag should mean you win.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: December 10, 2014, 6:57 am - IP Logged

While the description for what wins what could be a little more clear, it seems obvious to me that you needed to have the three 5's AND the money bag. The part with the 5 symbols is saying you "win PRIZE in PRIZE box" while the money bag one says "win 5 times that PRIZE". It isn't saying you win the prize with the money bag, but rather 5x the prize that you'd win with the 5 symbols.

They do need to be more clear, but I'd be surprised if G-Tech loses this suit. If they do lose, that's a big cost. That suit is 17 times more than the legit prizes they paid out and over 40 times the profit on the game.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5588 Posts
        Posted: December 10, 2014, 8:03 am - IP Logged

What a mess. The  players will probably get screwed. A moneybag should mean you win.

I've got a tic just like the one with the money bag and the $500. I knew it wasn't a winner because there isn't a $2500 prize tier for that game. It is a little confusing, but if there is no prize tier for that amount, obviously it's not a winner.

Dawn Nettles has had a bug up her hiney for TLC for years. But she has a big following so this has blown up.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3157 Posts
          Posted: December 10, 2014, 9:46 am - IP Logged

While the description for what wins what could be a little more clear, it seems obvious to me that you needed to have the three 5's AND the money bag. The part with the 5 symbols is saying you "win PRIZE in PRIZE box" while the money bag one says "win 5 times that PRIZE". It isn't saying you win the prize with the money bag, but rather 5x the prize that you'd win with the 5 symbols.

They do need to be more clear, but I'd be surprised if G-Tech loses this suit. If they do lose, that's a big cost. That suit is 17 times more than the legit prizes they paid out and over 40 times the profit on the game.

Ok i see that now.