Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Opinion of Local TV Lottery Drawing?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Chicago
United States
Member #90131
April 22, 2010
38 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2014, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

IMO, our Illinois drawing show on WGN seems kind of dated, especially with Linda Kollmeyer doing the show for 20 years.  While the State changes lottery managers due to poor performance, the drawing show continues unchanged.  The national MM and PB seem more professional.

So, what do you think of your local state Lottery Drawing TV show (including Illinois)?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10345 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2014, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

I'm in Illinois and we get WGN but not the drawings anymore, just the Midday once I a while.

I'd gladly watch Linda Kollmeyer anytime.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7295 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2014, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

IMO, our Illinois drawing show on WGN seems kind of dated, especially with Linda Kollmeyer doing the show for 20 years.  While the State changes lottery managers due to poor performance, the drawing show continues unchanged.  The national MM and PB seem more professional.

So, what do you think of your local state Lottery Drawing TV show (including Illinois)?

They stream the live drawings over the net in KY without an announcer, but one of the Auditors repeats the winning numbers after checking the machines.

Chicago
        United States
        Member #90131
        April 22, 2010
        38 Posts
        Posted: December 20, 2014, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I'm in Illinois and we get WGN but not the drawings anymore, just the Midday once I a while.

I'd gladly watch Linda Kollmeyer anytime.

I'm sure she has a big following.  My daughter was in her fitness class once and really liked her.

Jerry B

cbr$'s avatar - maren
          Cordova,Al.
          United States
          Member #104482
          January 15, 2011
          4867 Posts
          Posted: December 22, 2014, 11:09 am - IP Logged

I still watch Ill. midday drawing had wgn put in my package. I prefer live drawing over just being told this number came out.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19816 Posts
            Posted: December 22, 2014, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Sounds like you think the host is dated.  As they say "familiarity breeds contempt"

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #149820
              December 9, 2013
              644 Posts
              Posted: December 22, 2014, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Well i love your WGN channel, we get it all the way down here in NC, as for watching drawings, I'd rather just check my numbers online.

Gleno's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #80354
                September 25, 2009
                705 Posts
                Posted: December 29, 2014, 10:08 am - IP Logged

What I like about the live broadcasts is that the numbers drawn come out randomly,and not in ascending order as posted on the sites, which leads to the question of how to analyze these numbers as they increase and decrease from the first to the next numbers drawn. This is probably a logarithm question which is beyond my understanding but a worthy subject to those who understand this science.

Coffee

Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #90131
                  April 22, 2010
                  38 Posts
                  Posted: December 30, 2014, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

What I like about the live broadcasts is that the numbers drawn come out randomly,and not in ascending order as posted on the sites, which leads to the question of how to analyze these numbers as they increase and decrease from the first to the next numbers drawn. This is probably a logarithm question which is beyond my understanding but a worthy subject to those who understand this science.

Coffee

That's funny.  I always thought they should put the balls (electronically) in ascending order to make it easier to check the numbers.   Never "analyzed" the numbers anyway.

Jerry B

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2014, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

That's funny.  I always thought they should put the balls (electronically) in ascending order to make it easier to check the numbers.   Never "analyzed" the numbers anyway.

How would you expect them to announce the ball in ascending order as they come out of a machine that picked them randomly during the drawings?  They probably print them in ascending order on the website after the drawing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking