Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio New Year Raffle

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rustysmom's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
ohio
United States
Member #706
September 14, 2002
712 Posts
Posted: December 24, 2014, 3:15 am - IP Logged

I bought my  second ticket yesterday.139046

I was surprised at the low number they've sold,

Drawing  01/02/15

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2659 Posts
    Posted: December 24, 2014, 8:03 am - IP Logged

Drawing  01/02/15

well best of luck , Rusty's mom

and may Santa smile on you and the family

United States
      Member #161539
      December 3, 2014
      328 Posts
      Posted: December 24, 2014, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Drawing  01/02/15

I've been posting about the PA Raffle ... used to live very close to the Ohio state line but no longer or I would drive over and buy a ticket.

How many total tickets are sold and how much are they?

CW

ohio
        United States
        Member #706
        September 14, 2002
        712 Posts
        Posted: December 30, 2014, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

I've been posting about the PA Raffle ... used to live very close to the Ohio state line but no longer or I would drive over and buy a ticket.

How many total tickets are sold and how much are they?

CW

$20.00    -    500,000

they must not  sold enough.they  extended the ticket sales until  noon Monday, Jan.5th.drawing - later in   the day, Monday.it was originally scheduled for Jan.2

Columbus, Ohio
          United States
          Member #162351
          December 31, 2014
          6 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2014, 2:48 am - IP Logged

$20.00    -    500,000

they must not  sold enough.they  extended the ticket sales until  noon Monday, Jan.5th.drawing - later in   the day, Monday.it was originally scheduled for Jan.2

Yeah, I was going to say it's been extended to the Jan 5th. Almost bought one, but I'm more of the instant gratification type of person and couldn't bring myself to spend $20 without knowing for so long. No wonder I don't own a business.

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
            OHIO
            United States
            Member #4164
            March 27, 2004
            14586 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2014, 5:09 am - IP Logged

wanted to get in the pool also but funds were too low......

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

ohio
              United States
              Member #706
              September 14, 2002
              712 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2014, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

wanted to get in the pool also but funds were too low......

the  first 2 I bought was for our lottery pool at work.I bought one today,and splitting it with  2 other  people. they've sold a little over 260000  when  i  bought  my  ticket on  way home from work.

United States
                Member #162441
                January 2, 2015
                1 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2015, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I was going to say it's been extended to the Jan 5th. Almost bought one, but I'm more of the instant gratification type of person and couldn't bring myself to spend $20 without knowing for so long. No wonder I don't own a business.

I bought one early. At that time on the ticket and on their website the drawing was listed as January 2. Now it has been extended to January 5 according to the Ohio lottery website. I don't think this is right. They say they are giving you "more time to play", when the real reason is they have not sold as many tickets as they wanted to. Tickets sold by the original January 2 noon deadline will now have smaller odds of winning since more tickets are being sold through January 5. How many people bought more tickets because of the small number that had been sold thinking their odds are better? They should stick to their original deadline as that is what was stated on the tickets and the Ohio Lottery website when first sold and that is what I feel I had agreed to. Makes me feel like a "contract" has been violated. Don't think I will buying anymore after this year. Probably no one can file a lawsuit as I assume the Ohio lottery reserves the right to extend the deadline which they do not tell you up front. Probably buried deep somewhere in their rules. Once they give a deadline date, it should never be changed. So, are they going to keep extending the date until all 500,000 are sold?

ohio
                  United States
                  Member #706
                  September 14, 2002
                  712 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2015, 11:00 am - IP Logged

I bought one early. At that time on the ticket and on their website the drawing was listed as January 2. Now it has been extended to January 5 according to the Ohio lottery website. I don't think this is right. They say they are giving you "more time to play", when the real reason is they have not sold as many tickets as they wanted to. Tickets sold by the original January 2 noon deadline will now have smaller odds of winning since more tickets are being sold through January 5. How many people bought more tickets because of the small number that had been sold thinking their odds are better? They should stick to their original deadline as that is what was stated on the tickets and the Ohio Lottery website when first sold and that is what I feel I had agreed to. Makes me feel like a "contract" has been violated. Don't think I will buying anymore after this year. Probably no one can file a lawsuit as I assume the Ohio lottery reserves the right to extend the deadline which they do not tell you up front. Probably buried deep somewhere in their rules. Once they give a deadline date, it should never be changed. So, are they going to keep extending the date until all 500,000 are sold?

When i bought my ticket,it was knowing they were planning on selling 500000 tickets  total. so i don't feel the odds have changed. And i believe  one other time they  extended selling  time.  when  i bought my  second ticket, they hadn't even  sold enough to cover prize costs. so this came as no surprise.no,I don't think it will be extended any  more .I can  wait till monday to see my  number has been drawn.

COLUMBUS
                    United States
                    Member #136057
                    December 2, 2012
                    10 Posts
                    Posted: January 2, 2015, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

In December the Ohio Lottery Commission ran radio ads for the New Years raffle touting that the listeners might not want to tell anyone about the raffle as ones odds would improve with fewer people and that the raffle would be held January 2nd, the ad mentions no chance of delay or possible date extension for ticket sales.   How is this not a case of bait and switch? 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19830 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2015, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

In December the Ohio Lottery Commission ran radio ads for the New Years raffle touting that the listeners might not want to tell anyone about the raffle as ones odds would improve with fewer people and that the raffle would be held January 2nd, the ad mentions no chance of delay or possible date extension for ticket sales.   How is this not a case of bait and switch? 

It will only be a case of bait and switch if they announce no drawing will be held because of low ticket sales.  They announce every year their intent to sell a fixed amount of tickets so only someone with no knowledge about lotteries would think their odds would improve if they sold less tickets than planned.  States don't have raffles to lose money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #85037
                        January 7, 2010
                        252 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2015, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

How did you guys do?  Wish the Florida Lottery would do another raffle.

ohio
                          United States
                          Member #706
                          September 14, 2002
                          712 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2015, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

extended drawing until monday night

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2015, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

If you know someone in Ohio you could still get some Ohio raffle tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ohio
                              United States
                              Member #706
                              September 14, 2002
                              712 Posts
                              Posted: January 4, 2015, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how many sold

*Sales will end sooner if all 500,000 tickets are sold.