Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Systems Vs. Pure Luck

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 2 years ago by paul762.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Argentina
Member #162212
December 26, 2014
78 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2014, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

In Argentina many people says that is almost impossible to win any pick 6

lottery playing just one ticket and software systems simply don´t work

and always need the luck to win.

Is it true or not ?

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1707 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2014, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Is it true or not ?

Do you have Pick 3/4 games in Argentina, in the area where you live and play ???  Maybe you should try some of the smaller lottery games first, rather than Pick 5/6.

MrProgrammer's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
      Member #161388
      November 28, 2014
      83 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2014, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Is it true or not ?

A little additional luck can never hurt, that is for sure.

MrProgrammer  Cool

Florida
        United States
        Member #135615
        November 27, 2012
        405 Posts
        Posted: December 28, 2014, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Anything is better than random luck, in my opinion. Here's an example. Take quick pick. When you're playing quick pick, you're hoping your brand new set of random numbers will match a brand new set of random numbers. That makes your odds about as bad as they could be unless you were trying for bad odds. Take something like Pick 3. I have 20 years of lottery data for my state. I know that in the last 20 years, there are a handful of combinations that have yet to hit. On the other hand, there are other combinations that hit more frequently. With quick pick, how are you to know if you get one of those combinations that hit frequently? Maybe you're getting one of the bad ones.

Here's another point of view. So quick pick (luck) will get you a new set of numbers for every play. Again, you're hoping a new (every time you play) set of numbers matches the random set of numbers for the draw. If you want better odds, choose your own numbers. Let's assume you don't have any data on the game you're playing and your chosen numbers are just random. You play those numbers, they don't hit, but you continue to play them. Each time you play the same numbers, your odds increase. The reason is because the drawn numbers aren't likely to repeat any time soon. While it does happen, it doesn't happen often. So if you're playing the same set of numbers over and over, now you're saying that this static set of numbers might match a set of new numbers, a la, better ods.

... just my two cents. :)

MrProgrammer's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
          Member #161388
          November 28, 2014
          83 Posts
          Posted: December 28, 2014, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Great.  You get double, 4 cents!  See Ya!

MrProgrammer  Cool

United States
            Member #155994
            June 5, 2014
            497 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2014, 3:33 am - IP Logged

Anything is better than random luck, in my opinion. Here's an example. Take quick pick. When you're playing quick pick, you're hoping your brand new set of random numbers will match a brand new set of random numbers. That makes your odds about as bad as they could be unless you were trying for bad odds. Take something like Pick 3. I have 20 years of lottery data for my state. I know that in the last 20 years, there are a handful of combinations that have yet to hit. On the other hand, there are other combinations that hit more frequently. With quick pick, how are you to know if you get one of those combinations that hit frequently? Maybe you're getting one of the bad ones.

Here's another point of view. So quick pick (luck) will get you a new set of numbers for every play. Again, you're hoping a new (every time you play) set of numbers matches the random set of numbers for the draw. If you want better odds, choose your own numbers. Let's assume you don't have any data on the game you're playing and your chosen numbers are just random. You play those numbers, they don't hit, but you continue to play them. Each time you play the same numbers, your odds increase. The reason is because the drawn numbers aren't likely to repeat any time soon. While it does happen, it doesn't happen often. So if you're playing the same set of numbers over and over, now you're saying that this static set of numbers might match a set of new numbers, a la, better ods.

... just my two cents. :)

Well, theoretically, any set of numbers ,dynamic or static, will have an equal chance of coming out as any other set. So, either way, it doesn't really matter. But, the ,main way, of increasing your chances is ,simply, by playing more sets of numbers.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3104 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2014, 8:09 am - IP Logged

You have to give luck a chance, a helping hand.  For example, buy a ticket(s). 

Everyone who has won a major prize was lucky at that moment in time.

The more tickets you buy the greater the opportunity luck has to come into play.

The more the tickets you buy share the profile of tickets types that win more often, the more often luck could help without going into extremes of crazy wild unnatural luck. 

BobP

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
                Member #3002
                December 11, 2003
                477 Posts
                Posted: December 29, 2014, 8:15 am - IP Logged

I'm sure there are many occasions where just a single ticket hit a major jackpot, I would speculate that the majority of those were quick picks.

Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late - Benjamin Franklin.