Welcome Guest
You last visited October 27, 2021, 2:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which method you choose in the pick 6 lotteries ?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Arismac.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Argentina
Member #162205
December 26, 2014
78 Posts

I mean pick numbers randomly , using wheels , software or any kind of strategy in especial ?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    20272 Posts

I used software do pick combinations in a way I wouldn't have time to pick manually.  Software if updated has a history of all previous winners and the most popular numbers in the most recent winners which I like to consider when picking combinations to play.

* you don't need to buy every combination, just the winning ones * 

Thumbs Up       

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32651
      February 14, 2006
      9280 Posts

I used software do pick combinations in a way I wouldn't have time to pick manually.  Software if updated has a history of all previous winners and the most popular numbers in the most recent winners which I like to consider when picking combinations to play.

There is a rumor going around that you won the OCL jackpot Saturday night. True?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        20272 Posts

There is a rumor going around that you won the OCL jackpot Saturday night. True?

Unfortunately I only played the combinations I posted on the prediction board, but I like that rumor.  By the way, where did you hear that rumor?

Thumbs Up       

ThatScaryChick's avatar - giphy11resized
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56504
          November 21, 2007
          7310 Posts

Unfortunately I only played the combinations I posted on the prediction board, but I like that rumor.  By the way, where did you hear that rumor?

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/284377 

Sorry, to hear it wasn't you but I'm sure you will get it one day.

"twitter - youtube - steam - instagram"

ThatScaryChick

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            20272 Posts

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/284377 

Sorry, to hear it wasn't you but I'm sure you will get it one day.

Thanks I missed that one.  I usually browse most of the new threads not in the number forums but I missed that one.

Thumbs Up       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #48723
              January 7, 2007
              1961 Posts

I use a self-made computer program. Don't worry. I'll be hitting 6 out of 6 here pretty soon.Thumbs Up

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                20272 Posts

I use a self-made computer program. Don't worry. I'll be hitting 6 out of 6 here pretty soon.Thumbs Up

So do I but it was written using GWBasic which only worked on Windows up to XP.  Since moving on with Windows 8.1, I've been trying to rewrite all my lottery program using another language.  Tried Liberty Basic, BBC4W and haven't liked their results enough to stop looking at other languages, got used to how GWBasic random files looked and copied when using Notepad.  Looking at QB64 now.

Thumbs Up       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                  Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #48723
                  January 7, 2007
                  1961 Posts

So do I but it was written using GWBasic which only worked on Windows up to XP.  Since moving on with Windows 8.1, I've been trying to rewrite all my lottery program using another language.  Tried Liberty Basic, BBC4W and haven't liked their results enough to stop looking at other languages, got used to how GWBasic random files looked and copied when using Notepad.  Looking at QB64 now.

If you're open to learning another language, I recommend C++. I learned Basic and Visual Basic my junior year of high school, and I actually wrote my first lottery program using Visual Basic. As I've said before, my computer program is basically a quick pick generator that tests the sets that it generates using past drawing information, thus relying on elimination to "improve" my odds, instead of using formulas to "pick the right numbers".

Now, we're talking about a Pick 6/48 game. That's a total of 12,271,512 combinations. Now, when my computer program was written in VB, I was eliminating on average 3-4 million combinations per drawing(again, "potentially", because hey, sometimes the program's wrong). Ok, suppose we give ourselves the better end of that. 1 in 8 million is certainly better than 1 in 12 million, but 1 in 8 million is still terrible. So I decided I needed to look at more specific data about past drawings than merely the stuff on the surface. So I got out my pencils, paper, charting paper, ruler, and calculator out and found some deeper stuff.

So I did some backtesting and things looked pretty good, so I added the necessary code to my VB program. The program would hang for a several minutes, sometimes longer or indefinitely, before it would generate what it considered to be a valid set. The reason being, is that my tests require a lot of "for" loops. Some of my tests require millions of iterations to test even a single set. Well, to make a long story short, I learned C++, made a C++ equivalent of my VB program, and I was back to generating valid sets instantly. So now, I can eliminate between 6 to 8 million combinations on average instead of 3 to 4. Sometimes it's more if I get really lucky. Nothing really to brag about either, but considering I buy at least 5 tickets per drawing, that means I'm bringing myself to down to less than 1 in 1 million to win the jackpot in the event the winning set happens to be in the pool of numbers that my program considers valid.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    20272 Posts

If you're open to learning another language, I recommend C++. I learned Basic and Visual Basic my junior year of high school, and I actually wrote my first lottery program using Visual Basic. As I've said before, my computer program is basically a quick pick generator that tests the sets that it generates using past drawing information, thus relying on elimination to "improve" my odds, instead of using formulas to "pick the right numbers".

Now, we're talking about a Pick 6/48 game. That's a total of 12,271,512 combinations. Now, when my computer program was written in VB, I was eliminating on average 3-4 million combinations per drawing(again, "potentially", because hey, sometimes the program's wrong). Ok, suppose we give ourselves the better end of that. 1 in 8 million is certainly better than 1 in 12 million, but 1 in 8 million is still terrible. So I decided I needed to look at more specific data about past drawings than merely the stuff on the surface. So I got out my pencils, paper, charting paper, ruler, and calculator out and found some deeper stuff.

So I did some backtesting and things looked pretty good, so I added the necessary code to my VB program. The program would hang for a several minutes, sometimes longer or indefinitely, before it would generate what it considered to be a valid set. The reason being, is that my tests require a lot of "for" loops. Some of my tests require millions of iterations to test even a single set. Well, to make a long story short, I learned C++, made a C++ equivalent of my VB program, and I was back to generating valid sets instantly. So now, I can eliminate between 6 to 8 million combinations on average instead of 3 to 4. Sometimes it's more if I get really lucky. Nothing really to brag about either, but considering I buy at least 5 tickets per drawing, that means I'm bringing myself to down to less than 1 in 1 million to win the jackpot in the event the winning set happens to be in the pool of numbers that my program considers valid.

"If you're open to learning another language, I recommend C++. I learned Basic and Visual Basic my junior year of high school, and I actually wrote my first lottery program using Visual Basic."

At my age I'm not open to learning much of anything since GWBasic came out long after I got out of high school.  What ever language I use the newer program will follow the model I developed with my old programs so I don't need to learn any new tricks, just how to write the old stuff in a new language.

Thumbs Up       

Krypton
                      United States
                      Member #140096
                      March 11, 2013
                      911 Posts

I use excel and a program I wrote that is based on pattern recognition looking at EOUD's of the hit numbers.  I have found all software in the market to be a waste of money and a waste of time to even read with the exception of a couple.  Bob P has some excellent info and he is on this board,  Actually, I have learned everyting about the lotto from LP and have had much success.

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Perth
                        Australia
                        Member #162313
                        December 30, 2014
                        5 Posts

I also use Excel to randomly select for our 6/45 lottery a total of 250 lines. It guarantees that have every number covered. Now just waiting to get all six in the same line/selection/board.