Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida lottery to conduct bonus drawing for MMC on January 13

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 2 years ago by BuyLow.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #85037
January 7, 2010
252 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2015, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

The info is a little vague.  I wanted to start this thread so we could add info as it became available.  Here is what is on their Facebook page:

"With no top prize winner in the final MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRES’ CLUB drawing on December 26, 2014, we will conduct a MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRES’ CLUB Bonus Drawing on January 13, 2015, to distribute the Florida Lottery’s portion of the funds remaining in the top prize pool.  Learn More: http://bit.ly/1rKtz9T  "

But the link doesn't really show a whole lot.  I'm confused if they are drawing for million dollar prizes from the players who have added codes into the playmmc website or the last ticket drawing.  Can someone help me figure it out?  I really hope it is from the website submissions, I have several in there. 

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1129 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2015, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

The info is a little vague.  I wanted to start this thread so we could add info as it became available.  Here is what is on their Facebook page:

"With no top prize winner in the final MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRES’ CLUB drawing on December 26, 2014, we will conduct a MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRES’ CLUB Bonus Drawing on January 13, 2015, to distribute the Florida Lottery’s portion of the funds remaining in the top prize pool.  Learn More: http://bit.ly/1rKtz9T  "

But the link doesn't really show a whole lot.  I'm confused if they are drawing for million dollar prizes from the players who have added codes into the playmmc website or the last ticket drawing.  Can someone help me figure it out?  I really hope it is from the website submissions, I have several in there. 

• Only players who entered/enter Webcodes between 10/19/2014 and 01/06/2015 will qualify to win
    • There is no million dollar prize; the giveaway matrix is posted on that link and the top prize is $100K

As discussed in the other thread, just like PA, Florida should actually have a severe deficit. But I think I know where the money is coming from.

At the very beginning of the game, North Carolina held an exclusive, one-time draw which gave away $1,000,000. Both PA and FL "excess" was right around or just a bit more than $1,000,000. So I believe that this is from a promotion fund that all the lotteries are allocated and can dip into. Basically the lotteries are hiding the fact that they have actually lost millions of dollars by using this fund and calling it "remaining prize money." And the others that haven't used this fund are skipping the PR and just using it to soften the blow from their losses (notice that PA issued a press release for their rolldown).

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
      United States
      Member #4924
      June 3, 2004
      5894 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2015, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

How and where do you enter your ticket?

NEVER MIND, ALL IS WELL.

United States
        Member #85037
        January 7, 2010
        252 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2015, 12:54 pm - IP Logged
        • Only players who entered/enter Webcodes between 10/19/2014 and 01/06/2015 will qualify to win
        • There is no million dollar prize; the giveaway matrix is posted on that link and the top prize is $100K

As discussed in the other thread, just like PA, Florida should actually have a severe deficit. But I think I know where the money is coming from.

At the very beginning of the game, North Carolina held an exclusive, one-time draw which gave away $1,000,000. Both PA and FL "excess" was right around or just a bit more than $1,000,000. So I believe that this is from a promotion fund that all the lotteries are allocated and can dip into. Basically the lotteries are hiding the fact that they have actually lost millions of dollars by using this fund and calling it "remaining prize money." And the others that haven't used this fund are skipping the PR and just using it to soften the blow from their losses (notice that PA issued a press release for their rolldown).

Okay thank you for some reason I was getting this drawing and the drawing for the game show confused.  This has been an extremely confusing game from the get go.

Carbob, the game is over, the last drawing was December 26 :(

Jacksonville
          United States
          Member #153806
          March 26, 2014
          345 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2015, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

The payout structure is pretty generous.  I entered about 30 tickets (I know I bought a lot of these stupid tix) so I am hoping for a possible chance at some decent money.

United States
            Member #85037
            January 7, 2010
            252 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2015, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

The payout structure is pretty generous.  I entered about 30 tickets (I know I bought a lot of these stupid tix) so I am hoping for a possible chance at some decent money.

Good luck to you!!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2015, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Hope you win something! Smile

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Jacksonville
                United States
                Member #153806
                March 26, 2014
                345 Posts
                Posted: January 4, 2015, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Hope you win something! Smile

@ThatScaryChick and Lucky4Life...thank you.  I'll let you know if I win anything.  $500 will make me happy. Anything more and I am estatic.

Arcadia,Florida
                  United States
                  Member #160972
                  November 13, 2014
                  4 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2015, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I bought 4 of them if I could get my 20 back I will be satisfied

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19824 Posts
                    Posted: January 6, 2015, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

I bought 4 of them if I could get my 20 back I will be satisfied

You're probably not the only one.  This game has been one big mesh.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Lady803's avatar - tails
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #162609
                      January 6, 2015
                      3 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2015, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

I checked North Carolina website and they're having another drawing too.  I was playing NC mmc.   Hopefully, my past tickets I enter will win.   Good luck to you also.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                        Florida
                        United States
                        Member #61435
                        May 22, 2008
                        907 Posts
                        Posted: January 6, 2015, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRES' CLUB Bonus Drawing

PrizeWinnersTotal
                        $100,0001$100,000
                        $50,0005$250,000
                        $25,00010$250,000
                        $10,00020$200,000
                        $5,00040$200,000
                        $1,00075$75,000
                        $500101$50,500
                        TOTAL252$1,125,500

United States
                          Member #85037
                          January 7, 2010
                          252 Posts
                          Posted: January 13, 2015, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Nothing for me! Hope the others had better luck!

Arcadia,Florida
                            United States
                            Member #160972
                            November 13, 2014
                            4 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2015, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Nothing for me! Hope the others had better luck!

nothing here either --- best of luck to any other board members

Jacksonville
                              United States
                              Member #153806
                              March 26, 2014
                              345 Posts
                              Posted: January 13, 2015, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

nothing here either --- best of luck to any other board members

Same here.  I entered 35 tickets since the game started.  I was hoping for something.  I didn't see where the 30 Las Vegas winners were posted.  The MMC website is almost useless.