Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions record amount ?

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Droptop6969.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
Happy California
United States
Member #157856
August 2, 2014
1547 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2015, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I am curious about when will Todd post the top 25 list. How much higher will the jackpot need to get too?

It is at $221,000,000.00 for tonight's draw. Mega Millions on January 9,2015.  Thanks for your help.

Party

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19891 Posts
    Posted: January 9, 2015, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Probably when his last post no longer has the latest information.  Nothing has changed since his last such post, those 25 are still at the top of the list.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1130 Posts
      Posted: January 9, 2015, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

I am curious about when will Todd post the top 25 list. How much higher will the jackpot need to get too?

It is at $221,000,000.00 for tonight's draw. Mega Millions on January 9,2015.  Thanks for your help.

Party

I think it has quite a ways to go. At least 3 times as much as the current value in order to top the record MM jackpot.

To get into the top 10 list probably another three draws, and one or two [more] draws for the top 25.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
        Happy California
        United States
        Member #157856
        August 2, 2014
        1547 Posts
        Posted: January 9, 2015, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Thank You both, RJOh & LottoMetro. I have searched "record amount mega millions".  The Mega Millions jackpot has a long way to go before reaching a record level.Smile

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3502 Posts
          Posted: January 9, 2015, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Based on current sales trends, it's got a much longer way to go than in the past. If nobody wins, I'm guessing it won't even be much past 400 at the end of the month. That will be the 25th drawing, already 6 more than needed for the old record. If that's enough for a frenzy like the one that set the record we'd see a record that's a good bit higher.

The record saw an 80% increase from 363 to 656. Last March a jackpot of $353 million increased by just under 18% to top out at $414 million on the next drawing. If we see a new record this time around I think we'll be a week or so into February and at least 28 drawings in.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1130 Posts
            Posted: January 9, 2015, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

If no winner tonight, the advertised jackpot will be $246 million. I don't have the interest factor in front of me but I think that works out to be an average of less than $44 million in sales for the current and next draw. I imagine that if not won, future increases will rely on Powerball too, since its jackpot is also creeping up.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
              Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: January 9, 2015, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

A record amount is only a record amount when it is on my bank account!

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                Texas
                United States
                Member #92330
                June 5, 2010
                887 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2015, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Just for reference, the top 5 MegaMillions jackpots (annuity) are as follows: $656m, $648m, $414m, $390m and $380m. The 25th highest is $295m.

If it lasts another 5-6 draws it should be in competition for the #1 spot.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2678 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2015, 7:27 am - IP Logged

Just for reference, the top 5 MegaMillions jackpots (annuity) are as follows: $656m, $648m, $414m, $390m and $380m. The 25th highest is $295m.

If it lasts another 5-6 draws it should be in competition for the #1 spot.

personally, I'd like to see it set a new record ...... Provided I was the single ticket winner

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #92330
                    June 5, 2010
                    887 Posts
                    Posted: January 11, 2015, 10:05 am - IP Logged

I always hope the larger the jackpot, the more winners there are. Personally, I'm good with any jackpot after the 4th or 5th rollover. Obviously I wouldn't turn down one before that, but I guess the "ideal" win would be anything after the 4th rollover (granted I'm the sole winning ticket, since I already wouldn't be taking 100% of my own winning ticket).

I think I'm in that weird little camp where anything after a certain amount just seems like too much.

United States
                      Member #106134
                      February 13, 2011
                      806 Posts
                      Posted: January 11, 2015, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Get ready to see a new record, all players are cursed with "Can't win"

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                        JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                        Member #141034
                        April 2, 2013
                        1419 Posts
                        Posted: January 11, 2015, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

With both PB and MM's jackpots still climbing, players are splitting money between both games. It will be a long while, before we see another  monster jackpot. If one of them gets won this week, there is a good chance for a monster in six weeks.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3502 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2015, 4:08 am - IP Logged

I always hope the larger the jackpot, the more winners there are. Personally, I'm good with any jackpot after the 4th or 5th rollover. Obviously I wouldn't turn down one before that, but I guess the "ideal" win would be anything after the 4th rollover (granted I'm the sole winning ticket, since I already wouldn't be taking 100% of my own winning ticket).

I think I'm in that weird little camp where anything after a certain amount just seems like too much.

"I always hope the larger the jackpot, the more winners there are."

If I win a really large jackpot there will definitely be other people collecting a bunch of money. I just hope that none of them are people I don't know.

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                            nc
                            United States
                            Member #99520
                            October 26, 2010
                            375 Posts
                            Posted: January 12, 2015, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

What ever it is at, it will be shared if I am the lucky winner.  Have my list of verified 501C charities already printed.  They are charities, that I donate to now. 

May you be Happy with whatever level it is at when it is your turn to win!!!!

Good luck to all

Droptop6969's avatar - DSCF1040
                              209 Modesto, California
                              United States
                              Member #162967
                              January 15, 2015
                              40 Posts
                              Posted: January 15, 2015, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

A couple more draws on MM and the frenzy begins