Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you allow family & friends to tell you how to invest your lottery winnings?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 2 years ago by jjtheprince.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
Happyland
United States
Member #146344
September 1, 2013
1129 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2015, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

They can give me their ideas, but my decisions will be just that:  my decisions.

True, but if your decisions even come remotely close to their suggestions I am sure they will come calling for a piece of the pie.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

NH
    United States
    Member #83352
    December 5, 2009
    223 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2015, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I think I would have my brother with me when I went to a tax attorney and financial guru. I'd want him to wear the hidden video recorder and microphone to record everything that was said in the room. Should I get scammed by one or more of these types of people, it would be nice to have it everything on video tape. I know your not legally allowed to tape someone without their permission, but I wouldn't be the one doing the taping...If they screw me in any way, he'll make 50 copies of the tape and release it to any and all news sites who are willing to run it...

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: January 17, 2015, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Just for Fun. .

l Know they don't help you out in your present day to day life, but should you win a sizable jackpot- would you go along with the saying " A meeting of great minds yields favourable results"

• Such as investment ideas etc etc etc..

** Have a Great Week People- most of all. Stay healthy! 

I would be more than happy to help out family and friends of their winnings... er... with investment advice.  If it were me?  I would go to professionals to help me invest; and put family on a budget so they could only lose what their portion was/is.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
        A long and winding road
        United States
        Member #17084
        June 10, 2005
        4532 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2015, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

They can give me their ideas, but my decisions will be just that:  my decisions.

I concur. listening to them does not in anyway obligate you to heed such. Ironically many here enjoy promoting their way of investing should be held by others. after all , they are brilliant and doing so well. 

its bad enough that our govt snopes into our financials. 

ultimately the decision is up to the winner of such fortune. I cringe at investing in stocks. Making a ceo richer?? yeah... not gonna happen ...

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
          Baltimore, MD
          United States
          Member #143332
          May 30, 2013
          398 Posts
          Posted: January 22, 2015, 9:14 am - IP Logged

Unless one of my family members is in the financial planning business, hell no!!LOL

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

United States
            Member #106134
            February 13, 2011
            806 Posts
            Posted: January 22, 2015, 10:58 am - IP Logged

Heck no!  I'll find a reputable private wealth manager to help me out.