Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Patience with yourself and the lottery

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 2 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
Nova Scotia
Canada
Member #9934
December 27, 2004
891 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2015, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

I need to be more patient with myself when it come's to life and the lottery. How about you, as well?

I  picked some number's last night, for the keno lottery, a few showed up, but no winner last night. My instinct's were not sharp.

If I had just picked the 4 number's I thought of maybe I would of won for Keno..

The other number's I was iffy about and didn't feel strongly enough about, and they showed up.. Oh well, it is surely, a work in progress.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2015, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

When you can't focus, eliminate a fifth or fourth of the numbers to wheel and filter the others. That's like shooting with a pepper loaded loupa, you will reach target. Good luck!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4146 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2015, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I need to be more patient with myself when it come's to life and the lottery. How about you, as well?

I  picked some number's last night, for the keno lottery, a few showed up, but no winner last night. My instinct's were not sharp.

If I had just picked the 4 number's I thought of maybe I would of won for Keno..

The other number's I was iffy about and didn't feel strongly enough about, and they showed up.. Oh well, it is surely, a work in progress.

Well Elizabeth, there are some folks who have been playing & losing at the lottery for "Decades" and patience is something they cannot afford.

But whatever blows your hair back....l say ,go for it.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
        Member #106134
        February 13, 2011
        806 Posts
        Posted: January 19, 2015, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Extreme patience is needed when it comes to lottery.

Let's say you were immortal...you could put down $20 on EVERY PB & MM drawing for the next 500,000 years and still not win.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3316 Posts
          Posted: January 20, 2015, 11:20 am - IP Logged

thats why patience is so important, spending  more or a lot more, or even too much wont effectively increase your chances. you either win or you dont. trying to hurry it along just makes you broke or annoyed.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: January 20, 2015, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

thats why patience is so important, spending  more or a lot more, or even too much wont effectively increase your chances. you either win or you dont. trying to hurry it along just makes you broke or annoyed.

I Agree! When MM jackpot hit + $600M there was a baller who spent $10,000 for that drawing. Chris Singleton was that baller. I doubt he broke even. Moving and learning...

That money's gone fo ever

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
              Ontario
              Canada
              Member #109243
              April 9, 2011
              31439 Posts
              Posted: January 20, 2015, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck Elizabeth,Smiley

Just Stick With Your Numbers For A Few Draws Or More.

Who Knows.Especially If You Believe In Those Nos.

Sometimes ,When You Switch Them Up, The Numbers You Dropped Will Hit Smiley

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: January 20, 2015, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

I'm trying to learn patience as well. I've been sticking with sets of numbers for longer (my new years resolution) hoping I have a little better luck. I usually give up on a line or number and a few days or weeks later it comes out and I miss out on a pretty good hit and I end up kicking myself.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                  Columbus, Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #128906
                  June 5, 2012
                  599 Posts
                  Posted: January 21, 2015, 9:01 am - IP Logged

I'm trying to learn patience as well. I've been sticking with sets of numbers for longer (my new years resolution) hoping I have a little better luck. I usually give up on a line or number and a few days or weeks later it comes out and I miss out on a pretty good hit and I end up kicking myself.

That's been my strategy for the last 2 years.  I'm thinking that eventually my numbers will come up,  I play 2 lines.

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                    Nova Scotia
                    Canada
                    Member #9934
                    December 27, 2004
                    891 Posts
                    Posted: January 21, 2015, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

YES I have noticed that the same number's keep showing up a day or more apart, I want to play those, look at all the number's to get ahead in the lottery.

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
                      Baltimore, MD
                      United States
                      Member #143332
                      May 30, 2013
                      401 Posts
                      Posted: January 22, 2015, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Patients is something that isn't taught at Lottery University.LOL I've learned it the hard way. Nothing is more frustrating then ignoring numbers you think are not going to come out, yet they do and playing numbers you are dead sure that are going to drop yet they don't. We all have been there, But everything balances out eventually and patients and frustrations are eventually rewarded.Big Grin

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3501 Posts
                        Posted: January 22, 2015, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Even if I buy 1000 tickets per week for PB or MM I can only expect to win once every 175,000 or 259,000 weeks. In the entire history of the world nobody has ever waited more than 6,370 weeks for anything.