Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

432,437,442,447 NEXT POWERBALL rollover jackpot ?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Igamble.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Igamble's avatar - spider
nj
United States
Member #145657
August 10, 2013
1000 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2015, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Taking a calculated  guess here to predict next rollover PB JP.

FACTS-It went up about 20.045% from 317 to 380 mil.from  last previous rollover ! I'm just using this last Pick 3 number  in predicting next rollover.

For readers who seen this topic earlier those numbers were wrong(did not realized it was 380 after 317 ,and thought it was 317,360 then 380 !)

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2015, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

If no one wins tomorrow, I am guessing it will roll over to $405m and there will be another increase on Tuesday around noon. I would love to see a good old fashion frenzy. It's been a while.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

nj
      United States
      Member #145657
      August 10, 2013
      1000 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2015, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

The lotto officials predict around 450mil. !

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
        Baltimore, MD
        United States
        Member #143332
        May 30, 2013
        401 Posts
        Posted: February 7, 2015, 12:00 am - IP Logged

The frenzy has started. Some of the local news anchors were talking about it today saying they played a few tickets. If it crosses the $400 million mark, the frenzy will definitely be kicked up dramatically. Lurking

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

nj
          United States
          Member #145657
          August 10, 2013
          1000 Posts
          Posted: February 7, 2015, 1:15 am - IP Logged

The lotto officials predict around 450mil. !i went around that number and added my pick 3 skills ..let's see what we get.we may get a winner so that will reset it back to 040mil. Wink

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3502 Posts
            Posted: February 7, 2015, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

The final tally for the previous drawing was about $325 million, so the current increase is $55 million. Since that was bumped up based on actual sales as of mid-day Friday it should be a pretty accurate  estimate of actual sales. That means it's an extremely safe bet that the next increase will be somewhat bigger, so 440ish would be a minimum.

MUSL seems to be getting optimistic that we've finally reached the point at which sales really start growing, since their initial estimate is $15 million more than the last increase. I'd guess the final tally if it rolls tonight will be at least 470, and we may be at the point where it really jumps.

United States
              Member #145267
              August 1, 2013
              1732 Posts
              Posted: February 7, 2015, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

in my area stores seem to be still empty, in other words no long lines.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4146 Posts
                Posted: February 7, 2015, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

The final tally for the previous drawing was about $325 million, so the current increase is $55 million. Since that was bumped up based on actual sales as of mid-day Friday it should be a pretty accurate  estimate of actual sales. That means it's an extremely safe bet that the next increase will be somewhat bigger, so 440ish would be a minimum.

MUSL seems to be getting optimistic that we've finally reached the point at which sales really start growing, since their initial estimate is $15 million more than the last increase. I'd guess the final tally if it rolls tonight will be at least 470, and we may be at the point where it really jumps.

" MUSL seems to be getting optimistic that we've finally reached the point at which sales really start growing, since their initial estimate is $15 million more than the last increase. I'd guess the final tally if it rolls tonight will be at least 470, and we may be at the point where it really jumps.

That statement is not going to make them back down on changing the matrix in April  Floyd which is in the works...l hear.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

KCMO
                  United States
                  Member #163681
                  February 7, 2015
                  56 Posts
                  Posted: February 7, 2015, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Same here. But with the jackpot updated to 380mil, I think the news is starting to buzz. 

But the real frenzy won't be here until tonight's drawing is rolled over. And then it will likely be close to 450mil....that is when there will be a lot of national news and huge sales will be coming in. 

We'll have to see if there is a lucky winner tonight.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3502 Posts
                    Posted: February 8, 2015, 3:21 am - IP Logged

" MUSL seems to be getting optimistic that we've finally reached the point at which sales really start growing, since their initial estimate is $15 million more than the last increase. I'd guess the final tally if it rolls tonight will be at least 470, and we may be at the point where it really jumps.

That statement is not going to make them back down on changing the matrix in April  Floyd which is in the works...l hear.

I said they seem to be getting optimistic. That's not the same as getting smart or sensible.

HighStatus's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                      Honolulu, HI
                      United States
                      Member #163692
                      February 8, 2015
                      2 Posts
                      Posted: February 8, 2015, 6:01 am - IP Logged

The Adrenalin is starting to flow......up to $450 now.....yeah baby!

Wyomissing, PA
                        United States
                        Member #161050
                        November 15, 2014
                        301 Posts
                        Posted: February 8, 2015, 7:33 am - IP Logged

The lotto officials predict around 450mil. !

There's no penalty for lottery officials being wrong. While usually they're close / right on, they're not always. The $600 million annuity Powerball jackpot widely advertised a couple of years ago turned out to be around $590 million annuity (one winner in Florida) when it was done. False advertising, but few noticed, though some did - I recall at least one mainstream news article pointing out the discrepancy. Ever since then, I've been skeptical of advertised jackpots for Powerball and Mega Millions.

In contrast, PA lottery instate jackpot games (PA Cash 5 and Match 6) I never worry about, since PA Lottery has, to my knowledge, always paid out the minimum advertised amount every time regardless of actual sales.

In short, be wary of overly inflated Powerball / Mega Millions jackpot estimates - they've been wrong at least once already, and didn't make it right.

nj
                          United States
                          Member #145657
                          August 10, 2013
                          1000 Posts
                          Posted: February 8, 2015, 11:59 am - IP Logged

What a lot of people don't realize is this type of win will rocket them into the ultra high net worth individuals (above 100mil..wealth !)and is only 10.000 or so of them in the states.question is if they will  maintain their status longer then 5 years... ...