Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

fix box

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 2 years ago by kreative1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
BOSTON
United States
Member #48
September 9, 2001
3588 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2015, 10:34 am - IP Logged

every time i try and download a file from box it just keeps downloading across the top bar area and never stops. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
also even though i have english enabled when i download a lp file for excel it comes up in spanish and cannot find where to translate to english.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #2218
    September 1, 2003
    5387 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2015, 10:50 am - IP Logged

every time i try and download a file from box it just keeps downloading across the top bar area and never stops. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    also even though i have english enabled when i download a lp file for excel it comes up in spanish and cannot find where to translate to english.

Question:

Do you have installed on your computer a fully functional version of Excel?  If Yes what version?

Try downloading using a different browser.  Google Chrome

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
      If you don't like it, spit it out!
      United States
      Member #4756
      May 23, 2004
      3433 Posts
      Posted: February 9, 2015, 11:08 am - IP Logged

It seems that you have had this on going situation for a while now.

By your explanations, there is a lot of variable information being left out. It could be caused by numerous different reasons.

This is what I would suggest. Ask a friend or relative that you trust, to help you. They might be able to see exactly what your problem is. If that doesn't work, ask a neighboring teenager for help. They usually can find the issue quickly. Or, the worst scenario, take your computer to a repair shop, I'm sure they can lead you in the right direction.

To ask the same question here... You'll get the same answers that you got, when asking it 3 or 4 times ago.  Thumbs Up

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49725 Posts
        Posted: February 9, 2015, 11:21 am - IP Logged

For Box Help Click Here

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #2218
          September 1, 2003
          5387 Posts
          Posted: February 9, 2015, 11:33 am - IP Logged

retxx,

If you do NOT have a fully functional version of Excel you will not be able to use them.  On the other hand if you have OpenOffice free program you can use the Calc program to convert an excel file to OpenOffice ods file in most cases.  That is if there are no macros or vba code.

Post a screen shot of your Excel version.

BOSTON
            United States
            Member #48
            September 9, 2001
            3588 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2015, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

win thats the answer; need to know how to convert file using open office calc can you explain? thanks

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
              Member #153629
              March 20, 2014
              128 Posts
              Posted: February 10, 2015, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Doesn't outlook.com come with microsoft office now? I have it with my outlook. Is it possible just to upload the file to outlook and open it with excel?

https://office.live.com/start/default.aspx

remove this if you consider it commercial...

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 14,45%

BOSTON
                United States
                Member #48
                September 9, 2001
                3588 Posts
                Posted: February 10, 2015, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

thanks i use open office by apache so i need to know how to go about it.

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #2218
                  September 1, 2003
                  5387 Posts
                  Posted: February 10, 2015, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

thanks i use open office by apache so i need to know how to go about it.

Open the Calc program (OpenOffice)

Next click File > Open and browse to the Excel file you saved on your computer.

As I mentioned in an earlier post if the Excel file has macros (file extension is .xlsm) you won't be able to convert it to and .ods Calc file.

If the Excel file is .xlsx you might be able to convert it.

kreative1's avatar - flower2
                    NE PA
                    United States
                    Member #127838
                    May 10, 2012
                    1230 Posts
                    Posted: February 10, 2015, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

first sentence says it doesn't download..

then you say it does download but in spanish?

numbers are uno dos etc?

If it looks like gibberish you might have a virus or trojan or malware that has changed your files

if your virus scan can be set to run at bootup do that

avast is free and has that option also download malwarebytes and run that

something is wrong with your computer..it isn't drop box, excel or open office