Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

quick pick or their own numbers?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Droptop6969.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #145267
August 1, 2013
1496 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2015, 8:08 am - IP Logged

as a numbers person I wonder if the porta Rico winning ticket was a quick pic or not.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1704 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2015, 11:47 am - IP Logged

as a numbers person I wonder if the porta Rico winning ticket was a quick pic or not.

I was going to post a thread myself, asking this question. You beat me to it.  Here is my question:

RE:  5/5, 6/6 and PB/MM Jackpot Lotteries

How would you go about figuring out whether 5/5, 6/6 and National Jackpot lottery winners, won with Quick Picks or their own selected numbers ???

Do the national State Lottery Commisions in each state, record this information somewhere - whether the win was a Quick Pick Win or personal number selection win ??

How did we ever come to know, or assume, that the majority of Jackpot Wins are QP, rather than your own numbers ??? Where is the proof of this fact recorded at, for public inquiry ???

Is there a public record of Jackpot Wins, that were personal number wins ???

United States
      Member #145267
      August 1, 2013
      1496 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2015, 11:51 am - IP Logged

I don't know, but I think that places with small sales should play both Qp and their own numbers.  More inportants on their own numbers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5591 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2015, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I was going to post a thread myself, asking this question. You beat me to it.  Here is my question:

RE:  5/5, 6/6 and PB/MM Jackpot Lotteries

How would you go about figuring out whether 5/5, 6/6 and National Jackpot lottery winners, won with Quick Picks or their own selected numbers ???

Do the national State Lottery Commisions in each state, record this information somewhere - whether the win was a Quick Pick Win or personal number selection win ??

How did we ever come to know, or assume, that the majority of Jackpot Wins are QP, rather than your own numbers ??? Where is the proof of this fact recorded at, for public inquiry ???

Is there a public record of Jackpot Wins, that were personal number wins ???

Texas Lottery website always posts where the winning ticket was purchased (Texas winners only) and if it was a QP or not. I looked on NC's website and looked at PR's but no info on that.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
          nc
          United States
          Member #99520
          October 26, 2010
          375 Posts
          Posted: February 13, 2015, 1:08 am - IP Logged

IA photo of the nc winning ticket shows it was the fourth line of a five line quick pick. The lady showed it to the local news station.  It was bought at 7:01 pm on Wednesday.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Posted: February 13, 2015, 4:44 am - IP Logged

Florida puts a Q after lines that are Quick Picks along with a number of how many of the numbers were Quick Picked as you can enter some numbers and allow Quick Picks for the remainder.  So they know if the winner was a Quick Pick all or in part.

A lot of general lottery information such as how many people play 01-02-03-04-05-06 has been floating around forever, no idea if it has ever been updated.

BobP

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #129225
              June 13, 2012
              546 Posts
              Posted: February 13, 2015, 7:28 am - IP Logged

IA photo of the nc winning ticket shows it was the fourth line of a five line quick pick. The lady showed it to the local news station.  It was bought at 7:01 pm on Wednesday.

Wow!  She is just walking around with the ticket.  They have her name, her picture and she is holding the ticket.  I hope she signed the back of it.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10347 Posts
                Posted: February 14, 2015, 11:39 am - IP Logged

The MM website tells us that 70% of sales and 70% of winning tickets are qp.

I think it goes further than that.

Say you get a set of numbers right here on the LP Quick Picks feature. That was a QP even though some will say, No, if the ticket doesn't say QP it wasn't a QP."

Just something to think about.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #145267
                  August 1, 2013
                  1496 Posts
                  Posted: February 14, 2015, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

I have never got a set of numbers from LP quick picks feature.  So do you just get numbers to take to the store and is the feature linked to a numbers generator?  But I think I see what you are thinking, they are all quick picks.  I'm really referring to people that work out their own set of numbers as the term states their own numbers.  And besides we don't really don't know how many people use number generators.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10347 Posts
                    Posted: February 14, 2015, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

bigbear29,

Just click on Quick Picks on the left of the page and it will give you the option of what state (or MM or PB), what game, and how many sets of numbers you want.
                    Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Droptop6969's avatar - DSCF1040
                      209 Modesto, California
                      United States
                      Member #162967
                      January 15, 2015
                      40 Posts
                      Posted: February 14, 2015, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

I use the quick-pick feature here on LP for all my MM tickets.  Its good for winning free tickets all the time like me.  Matched 3 numbers on MM once in awhile.  Hopefully the LP Quick-Pick Generator will win me something more than $8 here soon.