Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is the highest amount you have spent in one draw game?

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Scratch$.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Georgia
United States
Member #158146
August 13, 2014
76 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2015, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I am willingly to risk $1000 in a draw game. Preferably Mega Millions since the jackpot is at over $70 million. In state games are good even if it's a starter but I want a retirement jackpot win. If it's not wise to risk that much to maybe get at least a second prize win of $1 million dollars, then should that much be risked in any one draw game?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2015, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

I think about $20 and that isn't very often. I don't have a thousand dollars to splurge on one game. Eek

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Georgia
      United States
      Member #158146
      August 13, 2014
      76 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2015, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

I think about $20 and that isn't very often. I don't have a thousand dollars to splurge on one game. Eek

I have too. I realize that is extreme but call me desperate. I just don't like playing to win a small amount of money. Especially when it seems like, these computerized games are rigged. I've been so close and not close enough. It's like, there is purposely no winners for the sake of collecting more money. Now there is a new draw game coming out. Geesh! They are raking in money like leaves but nobody is winning on draw, or scratchers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2015, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

I have too. I realize that is extreme but call me desperate. I just don't like playing to win a small amount of money. Especially when it seems like, these computerized games are rigged. I've been so close and not close enough. It's like, there is purposely no winners for the sake of collecting more money. Now there is a new draw game coming out. Geesh! They are raking in money like leaves but nobody is winning on draw, or scratchers.

If you can afford to splurge a $1000 on a lottery game for one drawing then your aren't desperate (financially at least).

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2015, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

What is the highest amount you have spent in one draw game?

I spent $33 when MM was over $600M a few years ago and won absolutely nothing. I was so disgusted that since then I never get jackpot fever. Yesterday I spent only $7 --» $2 in the work pool and $5 for myself (1 with pp and 1 without pp

That money's gone fo ever

lynki516's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #150771
            December 30, 2013
            241 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2015, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

I think the most I spent was $40... but I do not spend that much often. Last night, I spent $10 on PB. That's all I could afford to spend. I've got my husband watching over my spending on the lottery... I have to get his "O.K" on it before I go out to play. He's usually pretty good about it. I could never spend $1000 on it (the lottery) Leaving I never have that kind of money to spend, and if I did, I wouldn't!

Big Grin Angel

mrbg's avatar - NofVcy
              Nashville,TN
              United States
              Member #79101
              August 26, 2009
              11012 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2015, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

$20 dolla. Once in a while

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1955 Posts
                Posted: February 13, 2015, 12:32 am - IP Logged

The most I ever spent was back in 2005 and PB had gotten up to $300M or something, and I spent $50. I do on a rare occasion spend $40 on Hoosier Lotto, maybe once or twice a year.

Gonna win.Big Smile

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                  Lavender Rocket

United States
                  Member #124616
                  March 16, 2012
                  2642 Posts
                  Posted: February 13, 2015, 12:55 am - IP Logged

The highest amount I have spent in one draw game - including my participation in the 2 group draws from work would be 18.60

Krypton
                    United States
                    Member #140102
                    March 11, 2013
                    892 Posts
                    Posted: February 14, 2015, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

$500, I average between $50 and  $100 per draw

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                      Upacreek
                      United States
                      Member #136306
                      December 8, 2012
                      429 Posts
                      Posted: February 14, 2015, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

1k seems very high to me at any jackpot level... Cut back... Invest those funds elsewhere IMO

-RC

Krypton
                        United States
                        Member #140102
                        March 11, 2013
                        892 Posts
                        Posted: February 14, 2015, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

1k seems very high to me at any jackpot level... Cut back... Invest those funds elsewhere IMO

1k is not a lot if you win (-:

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Upacreek
                          United States
                          Member #136306
                          December 8, 2012
                          429 Posts
                          Posted: February 15, 2015, 12:15 am - IP Logged

1k is not a lot if you win (-:

No it's not if u win... That's for sure!

but even if you just play 1/2 of MM and PB draws for a year at that pace you'd have nearly 100k in the bank if u hadn't played at all... A million in about 8 yrs if u invested with ur eyes closed.

OP is shooting for 1M retirement payout...or better.

if I had that kind of play money and needed to shore up my retirement, then not playing would be the better bet is all I'm saying.

-RC

Krypton
                            United States
                            Member #140102
                            March 11, 2013
                            892 Posts
                            Posted: February 15, 2015, 12:39 am - IP Logged

No it's not if u win... That's for sure!

but even if you just play 1/2 of MM and PB draws for a year at that pace you'd have nearly 100k in the bank if u hadn't played at all... A million in about 8 yrs if u invested with ur eyes closed.

OP is shooting for 1M retirement payout...or better.

if I had that kind of play money and needed to shore up my retirement, then not playing would be the better bet is all I'm saying.

I agree with you Roman,  I've been blessed these past few years and can afford to gamble a bit more than the average bear.  Having your own business helps when it comes to extra cash in hands plus I do rather well as the girls at the LC local office say..  If you want to win IMHO the most important thing is to stay positive and know you will win.  If you feel you will lose "at all" then you will lose.  The LOA has no choice but to bring you what you ask for )-:

Upacreek
                              United States
                              Member #136306
                              December 8, 2012
                              429 Posts
                              Posted: February 15, 2015, 10:51 am - IP Logged

I agree with you Roman,  I've been blessed these past few years and can afford to gamble a bit more than the average bear.  Having your own business helps when it comes to extra cash in hands plus I do rather well as the girls at the LC local office say..  If you want to win IMHO the most important thing is to stay positive and know you will win.  If you feel you will lose "at all" then you will lose.  The LOA has no choice but to bring you what you ask for )-:

I hear ya... if you can afford that, then yeah... it's a personal choice for sure.  Glad to hear you're doing well!

The more I thought about this, I think what the OP is really asking is whether it's worth it or not.

The stats maniacs could answer that better, but I'd say if you can't afford it, then don't b/c the improvement on your odds is minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

I wagered a whopping $15 on the last $564 Million draw, that was a big wager for me on my tight budget.

I didn't match a single number and 28 of those #'s across the five tickets were unique- go figure... must be my negativity  LOL 

There ought to be a prize for that... like a nickel or something

-RC