Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Now that PB is at $40M it's time to start playing MM again

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Scratch$.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19816 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2015, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Now that $2/ticket PB is at $40M it's time to start playing $1/ticket MM again which is at $70M.  Hopefully better odds of winning something and the frenzy created by the PB mega jackpot sales will increase significantly.  $20 for ten lines of PB and winning nothing and $15 for fifthteen lines of MM with a guarantee of a $1 win make this a no brainer.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: February 13, 2015, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Now that $2/ticket PB is at $40M it's time to start playing $1/ticket MM again which is at $70M.  Hopefully better odds of winning something and the frenzy created by the PB mega jackpot sales will increase significantly.  $20 for ten lines of PB and winning nothing and $15 for fifthteen lines of MM with a guarantee of a $1 win make this a no brainer.

I agree.

Gonna win.Big Smile

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: February 13, 2015, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I play regardless of the jackpot size.  A 40M$ prize will be quite enough to satisfy for a more than comfortable lifestyle and the ability to put all kids/g'kids through college/technical training, AND to buy a family compound! (and new vehicles for everyone every 3 years)

So I will continue to play both PB & MM (which I am certain is causing both lottery concerns to heave a huge sigh of relief that I will be continuing my support of their games)  :)

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
        Member #158848
        September 5, 2014
        294 Posts
        Posted: February 15, 2015, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I play regardless of the jackpot size.  A 40M$ prize will be quite enough to satisfy for a more than comfortable lifestyle and the ability to put all kids/g'kids through college/technical training, AND to buy a family compound! (and new vehicles for everyone every 3 years)

So I will continue to play both PB & MM (which I am certain is causing both lottery concerns to heave a huge sigh of relief that I will be continuing my support of their games)  :)

More power to those who are financially able to play every draw of both games, but unfortunately many people cannot afford to do that. So they must choose between one game or the other depending on the size of the jackpots.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: February 15, 2015, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

More power to those who are financially able to play every draw of both games, but unfortunately many people cannot afford to do that. So they must choose between one game or the other depending on the size of the jackpots.

Every draw of both games costs me 6$/week, 312$/year. 

Yes there will be some who cannot afford to spend 6$/week on frivolities such as lottery games. 

Never considered myself rolling in the dough just because I could afford 312$/year. 

GO ME!  while at the same time shame on me for not being sensitive to those less fortunate than I. 

However, most who cannot afford the 6$/week also cannot afford internet.  Somehow I always considered those who can afford internet connections and/or cell phones (definitely more than 6$/week for smart phones with internet access) as NOT less fortunate than I am, and thus also able to afford a 6$/week luxury.

So I suppose you are correct, that there are some (many?) who cannot afford to play each draw of MM & PB and must therefore choose which games to play instead of indiscriminately playing each MM/PB draw regardless of jackpot size (would the SIZE of the jackpot make the game more or less affordable to someone so impoverished?)   

Obviously (to me at least) I never meant to cause anyone consternation and so, if I offended any, please accept my apology.

United States
            Member #158848
            September 5, 2014
            294 Posts
            Posted: February 15, 2015, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Every draw of both games costs me 6$/week, 312$/year. 

Yes there will be some who cannot afford to spend 6$/week on frivolities such as lottery games. 

Never considered myself rolling in the dough just because I could afford 312$/year. 

GO ME!  while at the same time shame on me for not being sensitive to those less fortunate than I. 

However, most who cannot afford the 6$/week also cannot afford internet.  Somehow I always considered those who can afford internet connections and/or cell phones (definitely more than 6$/week for smart phones with internet access) as NOT less fortunate than I am, and thus also able to afford a 6$/week luxury.

So I suppose you are correct, that there are some (many?) who cannot afford to play each draw of MM & PB and must therefore choose which games to play instead of indiscriminately playing each MM/PB draw regardless of jackpot size (would the SIZE of the jackpot make the game more or less affordable to someone so impoverished?)   

Obviously (to me at least) I never meant to cause anyone consternation and so, if I offended any, please accept my apology.

You didn't cause me any consternation, nor did anyone claim or imply that you were being insensitive. So no need for the drama. Jester

I mistakenly assumed you were one of the more serious players here, many of whom play substantially more than one number per draw, and thus are spending a lot more than $6 a week. Many of them concentrate their money on one game or the other.

So now that I understand you only play one number per draw on both games, I agree $6 a week is very affordable for most players.

Cheerio! Big Grin

Romancandle's avatar - moon
              Upacreek
              United States
              Member #136306
              December 8, 2012
              428 Posts
              Posted: February 16, 2015, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Yep... Back to the grind with MM and its impossible odds... Dollar and a dream...

-RC

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10344 Posts
                Posted: February 16, 2015, 1:44 am - IP Logged

I've always thought after a big jackpot gets hit and the winner or all the winners have not come forward it would be a good time to hit the same game at the start point.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Lavender Rocket

United States
                  Member #124616
                  March 16, 2012
                  2642 Posts
                  Posted: February 16, 2015, 9:41 am - IP Logged

I've always thought after a big jackpot gets hit and the winner or all the winners have not come forward it would be a good time to hit the same game at the start point.

I Agree!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: February 16, 2015, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Most people can find a dollar of two for a bear, a pack of cigarettes or a lottery ticket if they really want to, they just has to choose.

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5588 Posts
                      Posted: February 16, 2015, 10:21 am - IP Logged

That's exactly why I play heavy on Tx Lotto and hope I hit. All the attention is on whoever won PB in Princeton.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                        Upacreek
                        United States
                        Member #136306
                        December 8, 2012
                        428 Posts
                        Posted: February 16, 2015, 11:33 am - IP Logged

That's exactly why I play heavy on Tx Lotto and hope I hit. All the attention is on whoever won PB in Princeton.

yeah, thought that too... be funny to claim at the same time with the 564 winner and you at a "measly" 40... press would probably push you aside "he/she only won 40M, nobody cares about that" ha ha.

-RC

United States
                          Member #158848
                          September 5, 2014
                          294 Posts
                          Posted: February 16, 2015, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Yep... Back to the grind with MM and its impossible odds... Dollar and a dream...

Somebody always ends up winning though, so we keep on keeping on.

In the famous December 2013 winning MM draw, not only did two people split the jackpot of well over 600 mill, but at least 20 others hit all 5 white balls and won a million or more each. Hey, I'm not greedy, I'll happily take "just" a million!

Big Grin

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19816 Posts
                            Posted: February 16, 2015, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Somebody always ends up winning though, so we keep on keeping on.

In the famous December 2013 winning MM draw, not only did two people split the jackpot of well over 600 mill, but at least 20 others hit all 5 white balls and won a million or more each. Hey, I'm not greedy, I'll happily take "just" a million!

Big Grin

Most anyone would take "just" a million if it was offered but the problem is we have to buy a ticket and win it and that's difficult.

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #158848
                              September 5, 2014
                              294 Posts
                              Posted: February 17, 2015, 4:11 am - IP Logged

Most anyone would take "just" a million if it was offered but the problem is we have to buy a ticket and win it and that's difficult.

You're stating the painfully obvious, that everybody here at LP already understands.

My point is there were at least 20 players who hit five white balls for at least a million dollars, and those who bought megaplier tickets won more than that. Winning the jackpot takes a near miracle, but the fact that at least 20 people on one draw hit five white balls, shows us that feat is "doable" and within our reach. I was essentially stating that I would happily accept that outcome, and believe it is within the realm of possibility.

Cheers! See Ya!