Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does Your State Lottery Offer A Player's Card Service?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 2 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bondi Junction
Australia
Member #57242
December 24, 2007
1102 Posts
Posted: February 17, 2015, 6:21 am - IP Logged

Lotterywest, the State lottrry of Western Australia, have a Player's Card system.

A Lotterywest Player’s Card can:

• make it easy to receive any prizes you win
  • store your favourite numbers
  • provide you with some protection if you lose your ticket

How it works

Claiming your prize

With a Lotterywest Player’s Card, it doesn’t matter if you forget to check your numbers. Any prizes will be
automatically sent to you five weeks after the draw, provided they have not already been claimed.
However, it’s still important you keep your tickets in a safe place, to make sure no one else claims any winnings before we deposit into your account or send you a cheque.

With a Lotterywest Player’s Card, it doesn’t matter if you forget to check your numbers. Any prizes will be automatically sent to you five weeks after the draw, provided they have not already been claimed.

However, it’s still important you keep your tickets in a safe place, to make sure no one else claims any winnings before we deposit into your account or send you a cheque.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #80614
    October 1, 2009
    16 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2015, 7:46 am - IP Logged

Lotterywest, the State lottrry of Western Australia, have a Player's Card system.

How it works

Claiming your prize

With a Lotterywest Player’s Card, it doesn’t matter if you forget to check your numbers. Any prizes will be
    automatically sent to you five weeks after the draw, provided they have not already been claimed.

With a Lotterywest Player’s Card, it doesn’t matter if you forget to check your numbers. Any prizes will be automatically sent to you five weeks after the draw, provided they have not already been claimed.

We have it here in Michigan. It's call the WonCard. Very few retailers know what I'm talking about when I try to use my card.

I will quit playing the lottery, as soon as I break even.

United States
      Member #149820
      December 9, 2013
      644 Posts
      Posted: February 17, 2015, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

No not here in NC but pretty soon we'll be able to buy lotto tickets at the gas pumps LOL....it's on our lotto website

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
        Member #164603
        March 8, 2015
        604 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2015, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Yes, but here your winnings are wired to site account and should you want to claim at a store you need your card if you played with it, the ticket is not enough.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19824 Posts
          Posted: March 9, 2015, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

How it works

Claiming your prize

Sounds like just more work for the retailers and many retailer don't like checking tickets to see if they are winners.  Once they get their 5% for selling them they want nothing else to do with them unless they are big winners which will give them an additional commission.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
            Member #164603
            March 8, 2015
            604 Posts
            Posted: March 9, 2015, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like just more work for the retailers and many retailer don't like checking tickets to see if they are winners.  Once they get their 5% for selling them they want nothing else to do with them unless they are big winners which will give them an additional commission.

It's really not much work, they just need to pop the card in like one would into an ATM.

Bondi Junction
              Australia
              Member #57242
              December 24, 2007
              1102 Posts
              Posted: March 9, 2015, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

If you play by subscription you don't need to bother with surly store staff. If you win the lottery will email you. If it is a small prize, it Will be credited to your account. For large prizes a claim forn must be submitted.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19824 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2015, 12:12 am - IP Logged

If you play by subscription you don't need to bother with surly store staff. If you win the lottery will email you. If it is a small prize, it Will be credited to your account. For large prizes a claim forn must be submitted.

Lotteries is the US aren't set up that way, most don't even have subscriptions.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2015, 5:46 am - IP Logged

i think i have posted often on the fact my state uses  card  and subscription via online purchase,. even with recurring purchases, called autoplay.  when the   meteor hits, i might be fresh out of luck with my online account  and saved tickets. but that only happens as often as i win lotto. or less than as often as im sposed to win lotto so, hey its all good.

I will taunt you all with a screen shot of my  subscriptions

subs 4 jelous

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297