Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

scratcher odds

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Scratch$.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Westminster, CA
United States
Member #164140
February 19, 2015
1 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2015, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I have been buying lottery scratchers for a long time.  I buy them once a week when I go shopping.  I have noticed for the past few months that I seem to get less and less winning tickets.  I don't mean big winning tickets, just regular wins of $10 or $20 dollars.  I used to get them quite often but lately nothing.  So,I have decided to lay off buying lottery scratchers for awhile. I will save the $20 a week I spent on scratchers and just put it away.  I think the State is making a mistake by raising the odds on lottery tickets.  People will buy less and less and the State will take in less and less money.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23266 Posts
    Posted: February 19, 2015, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Instant ("Scratch-Off") Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
      Member #158848
      September 5, 2014
      294 Posts
      Posted: February 19, 2015, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

I have been buying lottery scratchers for a long time.  I buy them once a week when I go shopping.  I have noticed for the past few months that I seem to get less and less winning tickets.  I don't mean big winning tickets, just regular wins of $10 or $20 dollars.  I used to get them quite often but lately nothing.  So,I have decided to lay off buying lottery scratchers for awhile. I will save the $20 a week I spent on scratchers and just put it away.  I think the State is making a mistake by raising the odds on lottery tickets.  People will buy less and less and the State will take in less and less money.

Instead of buying them every week, save up your money and buy ten of the same card ($10 or $20 cards) at the same place/time every five weeks. I've had my biggest wins when I buy 10 cards at a time, and have never hit a big win when I only buy a couple or so at a time.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions