Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question please about smartpick...

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Murgatroyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116477
September 11, 2011
353 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2015, 1:07 am - IP Logged

someone was kind enough to answer a question i had, but did not elaborate.. what is <snip> smart pick? person said this is the soloution but i have no idea what that means..can anyone explain what it means??

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    3960 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2015, 8:30 am - IP Logged

A smart pick is a set of numbers that contain certain elements that will do better over time.

One of the best examples I can give is digit counts.  In a 5-39 game around 75% of all games

will be made up of at least 5 and less than 7.  Example set.  2-3-13-23-32 contains digits 1-2-3. 

If a person plays this type of line then on average they have no chance of winning a JP 3 out of

every 4 games played.

The set 1-14-21-26-30 has a 6 digit count, 0-1-2-3-4-6 for 6 total.   This sounds a little weird as

every set has the same exact odds.   Random has no effect on this because the balls drawn will

mimic the population of the pool.  If 75% of all the sets in the matrix have 5 or 6 total digits then

so will 75% of the drawings.   Another example is odd/even counts.  Around 70% of all draws for

the same 5-39 matrix will have either 2 or 3 odd number balls, again this is not a product of random

but one of population.  A QP can have these same types of elements but more often than not they

do not.   This may seem like small stuff but consider this, lets say a person buys 1,000 tickets per

year with digit counts less than 5 or greater than 6.  Around 750 of those will of had no chance of

winning a JP.   I don't say that we should only play these types of sets but that our play should mimic

the matrix.   Most self pick players track this sort of data to try and improve their chances of winning

by putting it to use at the right time.  When is the right time to throw down, I can't say, that's the

random part.

RL

play.  Knowing the overall population of many of these type of

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19813 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2015, 10:34 am - IP Logged

someone was kind enough to answer a question i had, but did not elaborate.. what is <snip> smart pick? person said this is the soloution but i have no idea what that means..can anyone explain what it means??

Smart pick was coined in Gail Howard's software years ago, it has since been defined by others to mean something different.  You can still check out her website to see what she meant by the term and the software she sells to make those picks.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

On The Edge of Infinity
        United States
        Member #160681
        November 4, 2014
        52 Posts
        Posted: March 23, 2015, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I dont know what <snip> smart pick is.

Many people coin the term "smart pick.  Different from Quick Pick or Easy Pick.  It is looking for a particular pattern.  In the case of the the person mentioned in the above posts, those smart picks are looking for mostly three particular patterns. Generally the pattern is either increasing, decreasing or symmetrical.  You can read the book to get an idea of what those patterns look like.

Arizona
          United States
          Member #165073
          March 24, 2015
          220 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2015, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

"This may seem like small stuff but consider this, lets say a person buys 1,000 tickets per year with digit counts less than 5 or greater than 6.  Around 750 of those will of had no chance of winning a JP."

Except, of course, that that's a gross misunderstanding of how things work.  It isn't that they have "no chance of winning" 75% of the time; it's that the digit count of the winning numbers will be higher than the digit count on their tickets 75% of the time. Each and every one of those tickets had exactly the same chance of winning as any other ticket; they just didn't win in those drawings.