Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Whats your worst lotto story? and how did you get out of it?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 2 years ago by GetReal720.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Atlanta
United States
Member #164138
February 19, 2015
26 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2015, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Was it a time you got burned, or played when you really shouldn't have?

How did you finally get out of it?

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1129 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2015, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Was it a time you got burned, or played when you really shouldn't have?

How did you finally get out of it?

Chasing wins on $20 scratch-off. Got down about $300 in 5 minutes. Got out by going to ATM and getting more money. LOL

Ended up with a loss of $100. After that, I quit playing so much. Became a "one at a time" kind of player and have done much better.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

PA
      United States
      Member #129849
      June 29, 2012
      308 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2015, 9:45 am - IP Logged

Chasing a win for myself as well. It may not have been in 5 min, but I know I've gotten down in the ball

park of $300 or a little more. I'm pretty sure one of the two times I've been down big chasing wins I wound

up going home with my tail between my legs. I may have caught like a $100 winner to lessen the blow but

still went down $200+ for the little "spree" I had. The other time I got lucky I think and clawed my way back

pretty close to even.

Chasing wins usually doesn't pay off. I've seen way too many strings of 8-10+ losing twenty dollar tickets in a row

and have personally had a losing string of 5 thirty dollar tickets in a row. Usually for me, once I get must past $100

I get to sick and disgusted to keep plugging away, the few times I got brave wound up costing me. Only once I can 

recall I chased multiple losing $20 tickets and wound up finding that $500 winner.