Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

UK National Lottery jackpot dwindling - Is it worth playing anymore?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 2 years ago by myturn.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
Member #3002
December 11, 2003
478 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2015, 7:42 am - IP Logged

I might stop playing this game and double stake on the Euro millions instead as it used to pay £20 million on a Saturday night, but this Saturday it was only £2 million, what next £200,000? I wouldn't mind so much but they have also doubled the cost of a ticket from £1 to £2 just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late - Benjamin Franklin.
    savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3316 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2015, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Id say   save what you would spend, say $2 a draw, until the euro is at a pot you would like to win. for instance, £20M and then start spending that money at $2 a draw. then maybe if it rolls till say £40M then maybe double the bet, with   mostly old unspent gambling money. then if it rolls to double again, say £80M . no need for my numbers, use your own , and your own amounts. but the general idea. also i like those rare millionaire tickets, the UK also  give out as extra prizes every so often. the one with say 25 or 100 £1M prizes as extra draws for your purchased ticket, to me  thats always a good time to toss in an extra bet or 2.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4146 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2015, 10:35 am - IP Logged

I might stop playing this game and double stake on the Euro millions instead as it used to pay £20 million on a Saturday night, but this Saturday it was only £2 million, what next £200,000? I wouldn't mind so much but they have also doubled the cost of a ticket from £1 to £2 just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Perhaps their focus groups have told the Powers that be that the public wouldn't mind an increase in the price of the ticket. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
        Member #3002
        December 11, 2003
        478 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2015, 7:20 am - IP Logged

Id say   save what you would spend, say $2 a draw, until the euro is at a pot you would like to win. for instance, £20M and then start spending that money at $2 a draw. then maybe if it rolls till say £40M then maybe double the bet, with   mostly old unspent gambling money. then if it rolls to double again, say £80M . no need for my numbers, use your own , and your own amounts. but the general idea. also i like those rare millionaire tickets, the UK also  give out as extra prizes every so often. the one with say 25 or 100 £1M prizes as extra draws for your purchased ticket, to me  thats always a good time to toss in an extra bet or 2.

Thanks for the advice, I think the Euro millions is probably a better choice for me now, I also haven't won a minimum prize on the UK National lottery since it changed over stakes/prizes and was previously quite lucky with the three number wins.

Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late - Benjamin Franklin.
          Bondi Junction
          Australia
          Member #57242
          December 24, 2007
          1102 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2015, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

The two things I like about the UK Lottery:

Number 1.

The UK National Lottery has a subscription service. 

Direct Debit Option for Subscription Payments

The Subscription Service continues to provide an easy and accessible way for players to take part in The National Lottery. 

We are also delighted to be able to offer you the option of choosing the easy way to pay for your Subscriptions.

Direct Debit allows you to pay for your new Subscription in instalments, with each payment deducted from your bank account every 13 draws over your chosen Subscription period.

When you return your renewal form and Direct Debit mandate, we will send you your Subscription Certificate. This will give details of your instalment amounts and debit dates.

Details will be included on your new renewal form, which will include a Direct Debit mandate for you to complete. If you wish, you can of course, continue to pay for your Subscription by cheque or Postal Order.

Number 2.

UK Lottery Winners have the right to Remain Anonymous

If they have requested to remain anonymous, Camelot, the UK Lottery operator,  takes its obligations and duty of care to protect winners’ privacy very seriously. Unless a winner agrees to take full publicity and signs an agreement to that effect, no information about them can be released by Camelot into the public domain.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!