Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing numbers on a Bill or Total of your purchase

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tami333's avatar - winifrid
Michigan
United States
Member #139344
February 20, 2013
1135 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2015, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

What are the odds of this?  Went to pay for several store items and my total was $22.19

Since I am obsessed with numbers I often look at the serial numbers on my bills. 

The number on my one dollar bill was 2219xxxx-Straight, then the 2nd one was 22291xxxxx. 

Both the store owner and I played it. 

Wondered if anyone has ever hit by playing serial numbers off bills? 

United States
    Member #67870
    December 7, 2008
    154 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2015, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Playing the totals of my purchases wouldn't work for me.  My purchases are almost never over $50.00, so I wouldn't be giving numbers above 5,000 an equal chance.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10345 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2015, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Tami333,

I do that kind of stuff all the time, especially if a number is a palindrome like 838 or 2332.

I forget who it was but a few years back there was a member here who said he was doing exceptionally well playing serial numbers on paper currency.

Our local Krogers here has three big numbers on yellow balls that tell how many cashiers open, etc.....sometimes I just can't resist playing them. Hasn't worked yet though.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.