Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Oklahoma Scratch-Off restrictions

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 2 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2015, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Why Oklahoma scratch-offs only goes to $5 for $40,000.00 this is the reply and the OLC wonders why sales are down. Bang Head

"We have a legislative restriction that mandates 35 cents of every dollar sold goes to our Oklahoma Education beneficiary. That restriction limits the amount of money we have left for operations and prizes. We could increase the payout of our $5 games but in doing so, we would reduce the amount of money allocated to smaller prizes within the game thus reducing the number of winners within a game. We want to provide entertaining products that maximize a winning experience for our players and work very hard to balance the number of winners and the prize amounts within a game. For years we have requested that our legislators remove or reduce this profit restriction which would allow us to create games with prizes that are comparable to the industry standard".

I Love Pink & Green 1908

frontenac, kansas
    United States
    Member #67724
    December 3, 2008
    199 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2015, 9:45 am - IP Logged

I hear you there Dallas....  I am close to oklahoma and go there quite a bit...I never buy scratchers there anymore...payouts are worthless.  I buy tickets in kansas and missouri....payouts especially missouri are heck of a lot better.

Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2015, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Thanks atoz, I'm with you the only time I play is when we go to Texas. I like Missouri & Kansas scratch-off as well I like to play their state lotto jackpot games since Oklahoma does not have one Mad  It's a shame that Arkansas got the lottery after Oklahoma and they have better scratch-off games Bang Head

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
        Member #158848
        September 5, 2014
        294 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2015, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

Kansas scratchers are lousy too. Most of the $5 cards have a top prize of only $25,000. Missouri and Arkansas are somewhat better than Oklahoma and Kansas, but still nothing to get excited about. Texas has better scratchers than any of them.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5600 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2015, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Why Oklahoma scratch-offs only goes to $5 for $40,000.00 this is the reply and the OLC wonders why sales are down. Bang Head

"We have a legislative restriction that mandates 35 cents of every dollar sold goes to our Oklahoma Education beneficiary. That restriction limits the amount of money we have left for operations and prizes. We could increase the payout of our $5 games but in doing so, we would reduce the amount of money allocated to smaller prizes within the game thus reducing the number of winners within a game. We want to provide entertaining products that maximize a winning experience for our players and work very hard to balance the number of winners and the prize amounts within a game. For years we have requested that our legislators remove or reduce this profit restriction which would allow us to create games with prizes that are comparable to the industry standard".

dallascowboyfan,

It looks like your politicians up there are idiots, kinda like the ones we have here in Tx, the ones determined to kill the lottery.

Good luck!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2015, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

dallascowboyfan,

It looks like your politicians up there are idiots, kinda like the ones we have here in Tx, the ones determined to kill the lottery.

Good luck!

Yep, why have the lottery with such harsh restrictions Bang Head and they wonder why lottery sales are down. RC, I enjoy playing the Texas Lottery it would be idiotic for them to get rid of it.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2015, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Kansas scratchers are lousy too. Most of the $5 cards have a top prize of only $25,000. Missouri and Arkansas are somewhat better than Oklahoma and Kansas, but still nothing to get excited about. Texas has better scratchers than any of them.

Agree, love playing the scratchers in Texas as well as the Texas 2 Step and Lotto TexasYes Nod.

I Love Pink & Green 1908