Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Numbers chosen because of...

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
TX
United States
Member #121193
January 4, 2012
1637 Posts
Posted: March 7, 2015, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Nothing fancy with this and I am sure it has been a topic before. I stopped last night at the favorite Chinese dining facility, grabbed the "to go" order. Came home and consumed with the Mrs(AKA... The War Dept.) about half of what was ordered. While putting away the rest of what's left, I noticed those lil crunchy things they call"cookies"<wooof> in the bag. So I proceed to pummel them into as many small pieces as I can without breaking the sealed wrapper they are in. Well, I failed miserably at that task cause the bag breaks and the millions of pieces are trickling out. Soooooo, I take one paper slip out at a time and think "maybe I will get an education in reading this". WRONG again genius !! None of my associates would even like me trying to pronounce these words let alone appreciate my trying to educate them. I know, I will try it on the Mrs. she loves me and likes to learn new things. I read the first one to her and she looks at me as if I have tried to put a lawn ornament that was created by my german shepherd in her bowl of ice cream.This isn't going like I had planned at all... I know,"hey honey, lets play these numbers from the slip"...her response, "we already have our numbers but if you want to play them go ahead"...The tone of voice isn't reassuring at all and now the dog is looking at me with this, "WTF is wrong with you dummy" look.....OK OK,I get the hint. So I write the numbers down just to see how they do for tonight's State Lotto drawing and here they are:
5 cookies, 5 sets of numbers
8-18-21-43-45-51....4-12-32-33-34-37...12-16-23-24-29-37...1-10-19-36-49-50...10-13-19-23-28-50
What is your lotto number story ??

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
    Connecticut
    United States
    Member #61623
    May 29, 2008
    20581 Posts
    Posted: March 7, 2015, 8:33 am - IP Logged

The biggest win I ever had in PB came from fortune cookie numbers that I used for 1 month. The set struck a chord with me as a good cash5 set but nothing materialized with that so I played in in PB and got 4 numbers + multiplier and won $400 bucks.

To this day when the JP gets high, I have my son pick 2 sets and use 2 sets from old fotunes just sitting in my utility drawer.

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5603 Posts
      Posted: March 7, 2015, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Nothing fancy with this and I am sure it has been a topic before. I stopped last night at the favorite Chinese dining facility, grabbed the "to go" order. Came home and consumed with the Mrs(AKA... The War Dept.) about half of what was ordered. While putting away the rest of what's left, I noticed those lil crunchy things they call"cookies"<wooof> in the bag. So I proceed to pummel them into as many small pieces as I can without breaking the sealed wrapper they are in. Well, I failed miserably at that task cause the bag breaks and the millions of pieces are trickling out. Soooooo, I take one paper slip out at a time and think "maybe I will get an education in reading this". WRONG again genius !! None of my associates would even like me trying to pronounce these words let alone appreciate my trying to educate them. I know, I will try it on the Mrs. she loves me and likes to learn new things. I read the first one to her and she looks at me as if I have tried to put a lawn ornament that was created by my german shepherd in her bowl of ice cream.This isn't going like I had planned at all... I know,"hey honey, lets play these numbers from the slip"...her response, "we already have our numbers but if you want to play them go ahead"...The tone of voice isn't reassuring at all and now the dog is looking at me with this, "WTF is wrong with you dummy" look.....OK OK,I get the hint. So I write the numbers down just to see how they do for tonight's State Lotto drawing and here they are:
      8-18-21-43-45-51....4-12-32-33-34-37...12-16-23-24-29-37...1-10-19-36-49-50...10-13-19-23-28-50

LOL.

Every now and then someone in our pool at work will give me a slip with numbers from a fortune cookie, and say, "Hey it might work". I just take it, but I never play those numbers. Which is good because they never win. Of course if they did win, I would be very unhappy with myself.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49767 Posts
        Posted: March 7, 2015, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Nothing Ventured: Nothing Gained: So Play the Numbers! Yes Nod

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: March 7, 2015, 11:14 am - IP Logged

No fortune cookie stuff for me.l will play license #'s from OLD trucks that have been around a few decades and play them. If the trucks can survive this long- perhaps there is a story to tell that there is more than meets the eye. Still waiting..

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40497 Posts
            Posted: March 7, 2015, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

I hope you win.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
              Texas Panhandle
              United States
              Member #136843
              December 20, 2012
              1279 Posts
              Posted: March 7, 2015, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Do you remember last year when they found a (dead) worker who had fallen into a dough machine at the Wonton Food fortune cookie factory in Houston?

Back when I was working on drilling rigs, my ex and I went to the best local Chinese food place before I had to go to work. (supper for her, breakfast for me, so I had egg foo young).  We finished up, got our fortune cookies and mine said "Avoid dangerous machinery." We hadn't been married long and she was always worried about me working on the rigs, so I just crumpled it up and buried it under what was left of my egg foo young. (I found out I didn't really like that dish, shoulda had the moo goo gai pan)  When she asked what mine said, I lied and told her it said "You will have a long and happy marriage."  She liked that;  I left a tip and paid the check and on the way out, she said "Lemme get today's paper."  After we got home, she packed me a lunch as I read the sports section and while we were waiting on my ride, she read our horoscopes.  All of a sudden she gasped and said "Oh no!  Yours says 'Beware of working around dangerous machinery!' "  What really freaked her out was that it was also Friday 13th. 

I wasn't worried- I'm not superstitious, especially about a message from a nasty tasting, tooth breaking cookie and the horoscope? I've always found it amusing (and more than a little hard to believe) that 25 million+ Americans - not to mention a  hundred million+ Chinese - were going to have the exact same day as I was.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: March 7, 2015, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

CDanaT,

5 of 6 for $2002 in the California lottery, numbers came from a horoscope in a tabloid.

Another time a tabloid ran lucky numbers for Gemini - 2  3  10  26  29  30  43 (7 numbers) and 6 of the 7 hit a lotto somewhere, maybe it was that printer from Chicago in 1984 that won with those, not sure.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.