Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How does a lottery digit/number become a winning digit/number??

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 2 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1405 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2015, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

After reading hundreds of posts, I often wonder if lottery players really know how a lottery digit/number becomes a winning digit/number.
I watch the Texas lottery drawings 4 times per day.
Different machines and ball sets are used, but the question remains - how are  winning digits/numbers determined.
Best answer I can come up with is a digit/number becomes a winner by chance. In other words, the digit/numbers closest to
the machine's escape exit when the gate is opened during a drawing are crowned winners.
I've never seen anything that indicates the 37 balls in the Texas Cash 5 are capable of being added, subtracted, multiplied or
divided, yet there are many so called systems that manipulate the balls as if they are animated objects rather being round, numbered balls that are dumber than dirt.
Be nice if someone could explain how that happens, the mathematical part, that is.
I suppose the best answer is that the digits/numbers become winners according to random actions within a mixing vessel.
Gravity, speed, position, chance are the only factors I can come up with.
How about you?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5744 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2015, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

After reading hundreds of posts, I often wonder if lottery players really know how a lottery digit/number becomes a winning digit/number.
    Different machines and ball sets are used, but the question remains - how are  winning digits/numbers determined.
    Best answer I can come up with is a digit/number becomes a winner by chance. In other words, the digit/numbers closest to
    the machine's escape exit when the gate is opened during a drawing are crowned winners.
    I've never seen anything that indicates the 37 balls in the Texas Cash 5 are capable of being added, subtracted, multiplied or
    divided, yet there are many so called systems that manipulate the balls as if they are animated objects rather being round, numbered balls that are dumber than dirt.
    Be nice if someone could explain how that happens, the mathematical part, that is.
    I suppose the best answer is that the digits/numbers become winners according to random actions within a mixing vessel.
    How about you?

Hi bobby,

Haven't seen you around in a while.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Playing Daily 4 I like to use the 1-up system, sometimes the mirrored numbers. I'll take the first number drawn for the month and 1-up that number for the rest of the month. I get a hit once in a while. The jackpot games, just random numbers and hope.

Good luck!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

South Carolina
      United States
      Member #18322
      July 9, 2005
      1743 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2015, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

How about you?

If you play the game of lottery, you have to have a STRATEGY, whether it's a particular system, or Quick Picks, or your favorite numbers, or whatever ...  Everyone's Objective is the SAME - to WIN $$$ !!! 

Understanding the "Math" really doesn't matter, as long as the "Math" works, and the objective $$$ is achieved.

EZMONEE's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Pick3 Analyst
        All States
        United States
        Member #106260
        February 15, 2011
        18578 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2015, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

How about you?

I agree!!

EZ$

EZMONEE's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
          Pick3 Analyst
          All States
          United States
          Member #106260
          February 15, 2011
          18578 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2015, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

If you play the game of lottery, you have to have a STRATEGY, whether it's a particular system, or Quick Picks, or your favorite numbers, or whatever ...  Everyone's Objective is the SAME - to WIN $$$ !!! 

Understanding the "Math" really doesn't matter, as long as the "Math" works, and the objective $$$ is achieved.

I agree!!

EZ$

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19894 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2015, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

I agree!!

I Agree! Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              50995 Posts
              Posted: March 11, 2015, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                Member #67870
                December 7, 2008
                154 Posts
                Posted: March 11, 2015, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

I think the math should also be expained, at least a little bit.  Or at least the odds of winning.

shouldn't the odds be known?

JustJim's avatar - driver
                  SunPrairie Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #162093
                  December 21, 2014
                  132 Posts
                  Posted: March 11, 2015, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Interesting question, part of me thinks it has to do with quantum theory (ala Schrodinger's cat) and the actual observation of the event (winning number vs. non-winning number).  That's the part of me that tends to over-think things.  The other part of me feels like 'whatever works dude!'  In other words, if every time you did X, you won on a Tuesday, and you couldn't really figure out a causal relationship betwen X and winning would it bother you too much to do X in order to win, or would you be pounding the heck out of X every Tuesday?  I think in the end, most of us would just go with what's going to put the money in our pockets, I know I would.  Smiley

Here's wishing everyone the good fortune they're looking for.  Remember, if you happen to win more than a couple bucks, try and donate a little to one of your favorite charities - keep that positive mojo working!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19894 Posts
                    Posted: March 11, 2015, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I think the math should also be expained, at least a little bit.  Or at least the odds of winning.

shouldn't the odds be known?

Check your play slips, the odds are usually posted somewhere on them. Wink

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4144 Posts
                      Posted: March 11, 2015, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

How about you?

Bobby- Don't stress it- the winning number/ digit of a lottery is similar to a female. Don't try and understand them, they can be pretty complicated. Just love them Man, love them. Same with the lottery, don't try and understand it- just play it.The great thing about both is that you just might get luckySmile..

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
                        Member #67870
                        December 7, 2008
                        154 Posts
                        Posted: March 11, 2015, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Check your play slips, the odds are usually posted somewhere on them. Wink

Right, the odds per number played are known.  But I was referring to somebody's system.

For example if your system has you playing 15 Pick3 numbers at a time for Exact, isn't it good to know that

your odds went from 1 in 1,000 down to 1 in 67?

I was referring to the comment that the math doesn't matter as long as the objective is reached.  And I'm trying to say that a

little bit of math is ok (such as understanding odds), and it might even help to reach the objective.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19894 Posts
                          Posted: March 12, 2015, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Right, the odds per number played are known.  But I was referring to somebody's system.

For example if your system has you playing 15 Pick3 numbers at a time for Exact, isn't it good to know that

your odds went from 1 in 1,000 down to 1 in 67?

I was referring to the comment that the math doesn't matter as long as the objective is reached.  And I'm trying to say that a

little bit of math is ok (such as understanding odds), and it might even help to reach the objective.

"Right, the odds per number played are known.  But I was referring to somebody's system."

If playing one pick3 has odds of 1:1000 of hitting then s system playing 15 pick3 have odds of 15:1000 of hitting, what's so hard to figure about that?

Evil Looking       

MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
                            Member #132100
                            August 26, 2012
                            1105 Posts
                            Posted: March 12, 2015, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

I found this at the Tx Lottery Web Site:

Ball Number     Number of Times Drawn
                            0     140
                            1     134
                            2     147
                            3     141
                            4     151
                            5     122
                            6     139
                            7     148
                            8     159
                            9     135
                            -----------------
                            Ball Number     Number of Times Drawn
                            0     144
                            1     132
                            2     137
                            3     133
                            4     145
                            5     137
                            6     143
                            7     142
                            8     142
                            9     161 

-------------------------------

Based only on that:

Would the answer be by "Statistical chance" or not?

It seems to me that "it" shows that.

United States
                              Member #67870
                              December 7, 2008
                              154 Posts
                              Posted: March 12, 2015, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure what the question was. 

But yes, the balls were drawn randomly that way.  Yes, by chance.