Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

friend of mine spent last night $150.00 on Mega + Powerball. Is this too much?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #156369
June 16, 2014
570 Posts
Posted: March 14, 2015, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Last night,my friend Donovan had "Mega Ball # 7x" on various tickets and 2 numbers w/Mega Ball on 4 tickets."

Donovan spent a whopping $150.00 (He also is a mechanic in ny,live in nj)

-

He said he simply"felt real lucky with P-Ball & Mega so he spent extra

to attempt to win the"big one."

-

Donovan says,"he feel luckier when he spend more cash a week on tickets?"But he has never even won Pick 4 let alone

Mega,Powerball,or scratch-offs.i think he spends too much to try to win. Are odds "better"when you spend alot of $$$ to play?

Is this too much to play the lottery in a week?  What is the highest amount you spend on Powerball, Mega each week?

-

Hurray!and Good luck to you all whose playing again tonight!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: March 14, 2015, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

If he can afford spending that much then it won't be too much for him. I can't afford to spend that much on one drawing though.

There are so many combinations in Powerball and Mega Millions that 150 dollars worth of tickets won't make much of a dent. Now if he plays all 15 of the Mega Millions Mega Balls with that $150 dollars, he has a chance to win at least 10 bucks back even if he doesn't get any white balls.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
      Baltimore, MD
      United States
      Member #143332
      May 30, 2013
      401 Posts
      Posted: March 14, 2015, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

I doubt your friends is familiar with concept of what odds are. That $150 wasted should have helped him figure that out real quick. LOL

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

kreative1's avatar - flower2
        NE PA
        United States
        Member #127838
        May 10, 2012
        1256 Posts
        Posted: March 14, 2015, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

how people choose to spend money is their business

unless they owe you money....or you are marriedWink

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4146 Posts
          Posted: March 14, 2015, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

If Donny feels lucky spending that much who am to mess with his " lucky feeling?"

I never thought Scarjo would move in with Sean Penn or Katy Perry would marry Russell Brand but how wrong l was ...

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #77167
            July 15, 2009
            569 Posts
            Posted: March 14, 2015, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

The odds don't change with the number of tickets--he's just buying more chances-is the way I've heard it.  If he can afford it-or not--his money to do as he wants to.

Good luck to him

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19903 Posts
              Posted: March 14, 2015, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Your friend is/was right, the more tickets he buy the more chances he has to win.  With the new matrix of 5/75+1/15, each line has odds better than 1:15 of winning at least a dollars.  Inspite of all that a $150 didn't do much to change his odds of 1:258,890,850 of winning the jackpot.  Unless he had a strategy that required spending $150 he probably didn't do any better than players who spent $15 buying all 15 megaballs of which I was one who matched 2+1 for $5. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Litebets27's avatar - power
                Maryland
                United States
                Member #10465
                January 14, 2005
                6065 Posts
                Posted: March 14, 2015, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

I agree with others. If he can afford it, then go at it.

It hasn't helped me as yet...but...one of these days....Thumbs Up

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

United States
                  Member #67870
                  December 7, 2008
                  154 Posts
                  Posted: March 14, 2015, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

The odds are indeed better the more numbers you buy.

For example, did you know your odds of winning are reduced in half if you buy two tickets instead of just one?

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                    Member #91
                    January 19, 2002
                    12015 Posts
                    Posted: March 15, 2015, 9:10 am - IP Logged

The odds are indeed better the more numbers you buy.

For example, did you know your odds of winning are reduced in half if you buy two tickets instead of just one?

You can buy 2.6 million tickets and that will cover 1% of the combinations!!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                      Member #156369
                      June 16, 2014
                      570 Posts
                      Posted: March 15, 2015, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Goteki54 lol i agree!

Good afternoon players!

hola.

UPDATE ON DONOVAN:

First i played again up to 7 to 10 bucks not much.

I had (3 #s again on 2 lines out of a five dollar quick pick  and 3 numbers again on a 2.00 ticket i chose the numbers myself!My friend donovan spent so much and won  NADA. he always ask me,'how do you even win 3 numbers it seem almost every other week lol He is now mad because he failed to even procure 3 #s,or POWERBALL again. IMO he play too much.Then he get"depress" at times. SMDH.

-

He just called and says,"I didn't even get the powerball after spending $150.00 last night on tickets etc."He promise to only weekly play now 3 to 10 dollars,but he said this prior few months back and a year or 2 ago.and ALWAYS end up playing more!lol

Just wanted to let you know that...No Noi told him this morning,NO MORE donovan over 10 to 25 bucks! he laugh saying

"i just know i will win big one day!" lol 

I feel bad for him.He spend so much....I've won many times (still do with multiple times "same number pick 4" pick 3,multiple wins

i.e,(620 10 to 20 x straight and box 25 x=$$$ great payout for me( several times a year.)

-

Donovan has yet to win "he says for the past 16 yrs nothing"

"Not even pick 3.

But he said he will keep on trying,and he is a mechanic, late 30s( No kids under 18)so he feel he can "afford it."SMH i just see him spent so much each week for past five yrs,i've known him,and he don't win.But he is grown so i can't preclude him from spending almost 200 bucks on lotto each week. Adios! Going to cash myfew "3#s and pick 4, (2x i had box of same number that came out last night)  i won last night."Smile

I just hope DONOVAN stand by his word,and play less."

adios

United States
                        Member #156369
                        June 16, 2014
                        570 Posts
                        Posted: March 15, 2015, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Kreative lol

ha ha LOL your right...

Good Afternoon.

However at times, i am "sad" to hear him ask me,"how do you win pick 4 like this every other few months at least 2 to 3 x ,and pick 3 more than that!

and how  you get "quite often 3 or 4 numbers,sometimes with mega and powerball lol he always ask me as ifI KNOW the secret lol smdh.

& yea, he has no kids under 18,he is in his late thirties son 20, and had a daughter when he was a young teen at 17.so both kids are adults,working,

He is late 30s, a mechanic,great guy no "drug issue not an alcoholic,but he love to "spend more to try to win."i hope 1 day he will win"something"

-

Maybe he can win soon, even a "straight pick 4"because he play this too but he said he never won anything.Not even a "pick 3 or pick 4 box,nothing."

He always say,"you're the lucki one bella."

-

I tell him it is really just all about luck donovan."Never give up but just chill with spending so much IF it do bother you, (he say it at times bother him.but he feel IF HE SPEND MORE,he will win?) SMH maybe he will.

I  hope you fine peoplem also, will  win the "big one too 1 day!"Cheers 

adios

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19903 Posts
                          Posted: March 15, 2015, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

You can buy 2.6 million tickets and that will cover 1% of the combinations!!

True but you only need to buy 15 tickets to cover all 15 megablls and be guaranteed at least a 0+1 hit for $1 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7344 Posts
                            Posted: March 15, 2015, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

True but you only need to buy 15 tickets to cover all 15 megablls and be guaranteed at least a 0+1 hit for $1 

We can get 2 to 1 odd of matching 1 + 1 with 15 tickets, ten times more with 150 tickets, or maybe more by being creative with the combinations. The odds on 150 tickets are exactly the same for QPs and self picks, but players can get better payoffs by if their conditions are met.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                              Massachusetts
                              United States
                              Member #37433
                              April 14, 2006
                              2747 Posts
                              Posted: March 16, 2015, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Last night,my friend Donovan had "Mega Ball # 7x" on various tickets and 2 numbers w/Mega Ball on 4 tickets."

Donovan spent a whopping $150.00 (He also is a mechanic in ny,live in nj)

-

He said he simply"felt real lucky with P-Ball & Mega so he spent extra

to attempt to win the"big one."

-

Donovan says,"he feel luckier when he spend more cash a week on tickets?"But he has never even won Pick 4 let alone

Mega,Powerball,or scratch-offs.i think he spends too much to try to win. Are odds "better"when you spend alot of $$$ to play?

Is this too much to play the lottery in a week?  What is the highest amount you spend on Powerball, Mega each week?

-

Hurray!and Good luck to you all whose playing again tonight!

Tell your friend Donovan to join LP and try out his numbers on the predictions board and he'll learn real fast that more lines means nothing when it comes to MM & PB. The city I live in has a sizable population and hasn't had a second prize for either of those two games in years. The news of many winners can be deluding. It's still very very hard to win big.

That money's gone fo ever