Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky for Life

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Ron5995.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Poo Nanny's avatar - 2649029

United States
Member #125766
March 30, 2012
63 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2015, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know how to check to see if anyone had actually hit the  $1000 a day prize? I can only find the state sites that list winners in that state. I see lots of $25,000 winners but can't find anything on anyone who won the top prize. I would have thought with the odds the game has, that we would see more winners. I am debating if I keep playing this game or not

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2015, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Good question Poo.

I saw someone in Northern Idaho won the 25K even tho we've only had the game for 2 weeks.  I'll be following this thread to see the answer to the jackpot question.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
      Marquette, MI
      United States
      Member #20541
      August 20, 2005
      705 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2015, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

If you go to the official LFL website and read the news story for the drawing day they have a table of winners.  There was one 25k/life winner in the 3/23 draw according to that info

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2015, 10:46 am - IP Logged

I think that has to be one of the least functional websites I've visited since the 90's.  They really need up update that!  But there is a list here of how many prizes in each state for each draw, and at what level.  Thanks for finding it Think.

United States
          Member #125766
          March 30, 2012
          63 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2015, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

You are not lying about being a bad website. Hell, it took me awhile to even find the site among all the state sites. It also does not go back past January and I am looking to find out when the last time it was won. I don't know what sales have been like, but I would have expected to see a few 1st place wins with way better odds compared to mega and powerball.  I want to keep playing, but I am not sure i am seeing the value in this game. Though a 1st or 2nd place win would be more money than I ever had at one time.

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
            New Hampshire
            United States
            Member #136492
            December 12, 2012
            322 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2015, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know how to check to see if anyone had actually hit the  $1000 a day prize? I can only find the state sites that list winners in that state. I see lots of $25,000 winners but can't find anything on anyone who won the top prize. I would have thought with the odds the game has, that we would see more winners. I am debating if I keep playing this game or not

PN, no need to look for grand prize winners as there hasn't been one since August 2013. There were a decent amount of GP winners back when the grand prize winning odds were about 1:10,000,000. In September 2013 they re-matrixed and the odds blew up big time. I used to play this on a regular basis pre matrix change, but now it's just throwing your money away.

United States
              Member #125766
              March 30, 2012
              63 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2015, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Wow it has been a long time since somebody won. I will keep paying for awhile because it is due for a win sooner or later I guess. Do you know how many tickets they are selling per draw? I am guessing it is not a top seller.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4792 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2015, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I am glad I am not the only one having issues with their website. It started in DC recently and is replacing decades of dollars in VA next month ....wahhhhhhh.  I have played a few times and got the Bonus ball but with no winners over this long period, I wonder how long it will last. If the odds are better than PB,why is it not being won as often as PB?

J'aime La France.

Delaware
                  United States
                  Member #93503
                  July 1, 2010
                  453 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2015, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

I am glad I am not the only one having issues with their website. It started in DC recently and is replacing decades of dollars in VA next month ....wahhhhhhh.  I have played a few times and got the Bonus ball but with no winners over this long period, I wonder how long it will last. If the odds are better than PB,why is it not being won as often as PB?

because, none of the big states are playing.

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
                    New Hampshire
                    United States
                    Member #136492
                    December 12, 2012
                    322 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2015, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I will say they do have good prizes and odds for the 3+0 and 2+1 hits paying out $20 and $25 respectively with odds of 1:201 and 1:250 for those hits. If you can get those from time to time at least you'll be able to greatly reduce your overall cash outlay for playing the game.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: March 28, 2015, 10:53 am - IP Logged

PN, no need to look for grand prize winners as there hasn't been one since August 2013. There were a decent amount of GP winners back when the grand prize winning odds were about 1:10,000,000. In September 2013 they re-matrixed and the odds blew up big time. I used to play this on a regular basis pre matrix change, but now it's just throwing your money away.

Wow almost 2 years since a jackpot winner that's just sad.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Wyomissing, PA
                        United States
                        Member #161050
                        November 15, 2014
                        301 Posts
                        Posted: March 28, 2015, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot ($1K/day $5.75 million cash value) odds is a whopping 1 in ~30 million. And the second prize ($25K/year $390K cash value) odds is 1 in ~1.8 million. It's 16 times more likely to win 2nd prize verses jackpot, and yet relatively few have even hit that. No wonder big winners are few and far between. Lucky For Life is a terrible value. There are better choices.

The similar game Cash 4 Life, while not all that great either, is somewhat better in regards to odds and payouts.