Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Vending Machines

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Shelby Mustang.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2015, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

The machine I went to today had a $5 credit!  I went and got my carrots and went back and it was still there, so obviously someone walked away.  I went ahead and used it.  I felt bad because I would be very upset if I got home and realized I left that much in the machine -- that pays for my tickets until Saturday.

1.  If I win the jackpot, should I advertise and offer to share it with whomever can tell me how much and where they left their money?

2.  If someone in Boise wins the next jackpot, how many of you will call the lottery commission and tell them you left $5 in the machine the ticket was purchased from and you're sure the ticket was purchased with money stolen from you?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: March 29, 2015, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

The machine I went to today had a $5 credit!  I went and got my carrots and went back and it was still there, so obviously someone walked away.  I went ahead and used it.  I felt bad because I would be very upset if I got home and realized I left that much in the machine -- that pays for my tickets until Saturday.

1.  If I win the jackpot, should I advertise and offer to share it with whomever can tell me how much and where they left their money?

2.  If someone in Boise wins the next jackpot, how many of you will call the lottery commission and tell them you left $5 in the machine the ticket was purchased from and you're sure the ticket was purchased with money stolen from you?

Good ?

I wouldn't advertise it, maybe add $5 to the machine and get $10 worth of tix ?

Now the winner is 1/2 yours, maybe,

then let the lottery commission figure out who left the fiver.

Like I said, Good ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2015, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Big deal, someone misplaced $5 and someone else found it and spent it.  It probably happens somewhere everyday and the world goes on.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #149820
        December 9, 2013
        644 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2015, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Hey that's nothing....I used a self check out at a Food lion a couple years back I used my debit card but when I bent down to get my receipt I saw a crisp $20 bill in the cash back tray Now I hadnt asked for cash back and checked my bank account to make sure, so someone asked for $20 buck back and walked off and left it...My luck I guess