Welcome Guest
You last visited April 28, 2017, 11:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MA Megabucks Doubler Game

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Crazy Wombat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #161539
December 3, 2014
328 Posts
Posted: April 2, 2015, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Thought I would start a thread on this game ... since anyone can play this game from the other 49 states.

Maybe others also playing this game will have some comments or not ... it is a 6/49 type game and only a subscription ticket can play the "doubler" part of the game.

My subscription just started last week ... March 25th ... rght after I signed up the large jackpot was hit two days later and for five draws the new $500,000 starting amount didn't increase a penny but finally they added $100,000 and now it seems to be moving up very well. I am happy with the upward movement since last week, especially since my subscription also just started.

After last night's draw (Wed April 1st) they added another $100,000 to the jackpot, so this is the new total for this Saturday ... April 04, 2015.

Wednesday 04/01/2015

07-30-38-39-44-46

Next Drawing: 04/04/2015
Estimated Jackpot: $800,000
($650,000 Est. Cash Option)

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: April 2, 2015, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I bought 3 tickets. My subscription started on the March 29th so April 1st was my first drawing.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
      Member #161539
      December 3, 2014
      328 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2015, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

I bought 3 tickets. My subscription started on the March 29th so April 1st was my first drawing.

TSC ... good luck to you, I bought two tickets myself ... you got lucky also with your tickets just starting now as the jackpot is starting to move up.

I've had three drawings since March 22nd and nothing close yet ... let the jackpot grow !!!

Never hurts to have some extra chances scattered around.

CW

Capecod,Mass
        United States
        Member #137160
        December 28, 2012
        50 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2015, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

I have my season ticket.  I 've been playing it for 2 years for only one set of numbers. Won $2 once. Hope to win big soon.

Good luck to you.

United States
          Member #161539
          December 3, 2014
          328 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2015, 10:22 am - IP Logged

I have my season ticket.  I 've been playing it for 2 years for only one set of numbers. Won $2 once. Hope to win big soon.

Good luck to you.

My plans are to get a season ticket during the next holiday special pricing ... only have a three month subscription for now, till sometime in June.

So in 2 years of playing you only won $2 ... something has to change for you in 2015.

The PA 6/49 game is also very tough ... Match 6 cost $2 and you get three lines of six numbers to win on plus if you get at least four numbers out of the 18 total numbers ... you win your $2 back or more.

I had six tickets ($12) for last night and won nothing with all those numbers ... the 6/49 matrix is a tough game.

Good luck to you also !

CW

United States
            Member #161539
            December 3, 2014
            328 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2015, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Jackpot still increasing very nice ...

Saturday 04/04/2015

11-25-34-45-46-48

Next Drawing: 04/08/2015
            Estimated Jackpot: $900,000
            ($740,000 Est. Cash Option)

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
              New Hampshire
              United States
              Member #136492
              December 12, 2012
              333 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2015, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Hey Crazy Wombat. Living in a neighboring state to MA I pick up tickets now and again when I'm down there, but have only done as well as a 3 of 6 a few times. This is a tough game when you look at the odds. Hitting the JP is about a 1 in 14 million proposition, and their lowest tier prize of $2 for hitting a 3 of 6 has 1 in 57 odds. In my opinion we have a much better draw game up here called Tri State Megabucks. Tickets for that game are also $2 per line, but it's a 5/41, 1/6 game so the JP odds are much lower at about 1 in 4.5 million. Overall odds of winning any prize are an extremely low 1 in 5.9. The JP also starts twice as high at $1 million and has a minimum increase of 50K per drawing. I was surprised to see the MA Megabucks Doubler took 4 drawings to move off of its 500K minimum.

I'm not hating on the MA Megabucks game. I will still pick up the occasional few tickets when I can. I just prefer our Megabucks game up here for the reasons I mentioned.

United States
                Member #161539
                December 3, 2014
                328 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2015, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Hey Crazy Wombat. Living in a neighboring state to MA I pick up tickets now and again when I'm down there, but have only done as well as a 3 of 6 a few times. This is a tough game when you look at the odds. Hitting the JP is about a 1 in 14 million proposition, and their lowest tier prize of $2 for hitting a 3 of 6 has 1 in 57 odds. In my opinion we have a much better draw game up here called Tri State Megabucks. Tickets for that game are also $2 per line, but it's a 5/41, 1/6 game so the JP odds are much lower at about 1 in 4.5 million. Overall odds of winning any prize are an extremely low 1 in 5.9. The JP also starts twice as high at $1 million and has a minimum increase of 50K per drawing. I was surprised to see the MA Megabucks Doubler took 4 drawings to move off of its 500K minimum.

I'm not hating on the MA Megabucks game. I will still pick up the occasional few tickets when I can. I just prefer our Megabucks game up here for the reasons I mentioned.

The Tri State Megabucks sounds like an interesting game ... I probably would play it.

I also like the Wild Card game in Idaho and a few other states ... any 6/49 game is a tough play but the odds are better than MM and PB, except maybe for PB with a five number hit.

I originally was interested in the MA Megabucks Doubler game since it had a nice jackpot in early March, over 3 million cash ... I called on a Monday in early March to get a subscription and two days later on Wednesday ... the jackpot was gone ... too late for me to cancel out so I am making the best of it for the three months that I have the subscription for.

Whether I will sign up again later in the year, I probably will but I will only buy one ticket in the future ... only bought two this time since the jackpot was high when I called. I like trying my luck in another state that I can't easily get to.

It definitely is a downer that they don't add any money for a time to a new beginning jackpot.

It's too bad that we can't just go online into any state that has a lottery and sign up to play various games ... I would play the Tri State Megabucks and the Wild Card game.

PA is getting a new game Cash4Life in the future, so I am hearing ... I have no interest in it and will never spend a dollar on it but I would play those two games that I just mentioned above.

New Hampshire
                  United States
                  Member #136492
                  December 12, 2012
                  333 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2015, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

The Tri State Megabucks sounds like an interesting game ... I probably would play it.

I also like the Wild Card game in Idaho and a few other states ... any 6/49 game is a tough play but the odds are better than MM and PB, except maybe for PB with a five number hit.

I originally was interested in the MA Megabucks Doubler game since it had a nice jackpot in early March, over 3 million cash ... I called on a Monday in early March to get a subscription and two days later on Wednesday ... the jackpot was gone ... too late for me to cancel out so I am making the best of it for the three months that I have the subscription for.

Whether I will sign up again later in the year, I probably will but I will only buy one ticket in the future ... only bought two this time since the jackpot was high when I called. I like trying my luck in another state that I can't easily get to.

It definitely is a downer that they don't add any money for a time to a new beginning jackpot.

It's too bad that we can't just go online into any state that has a lottery and sign up to play various games ... I would play the Tri State Megabucks and the Wild Card game.

PA is getting a new game Cash4Life in the future, so I am hearing ... I have no interest in it and will never spend a dollar on it but I would play those two games that I just mentioned above.

I agree that it would be awesome to be able to play any of the various state games nationwide, even if only on a subscription basis. I know I would have loved to play Ohio's Classic Lotto last year when the JP climbed over $50 Million. There are several other interesting looking state level games out there that I would try including your state's Match 6 game.

I'm not happy with all the multi-state games out there now like Powerball, Mega Millions, Hot Lotto, and Lucky 4 Life. All of the games have changed, or will change their game matrix as in Powerball's case, making JP winning odds much more difficult. In the case of Hot Lotto they also have a corruption scandal on their hands, so I'm boycotting that game altogether.

I hope the smaller state games stay true to the people that play them and keep the odds reasonable, and continue to offer worthwhile secondary prizes.

United States
                    Member #161539
                    December 3, 2014
                    328 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2015, 10:58 am - IP Logged

I agree that it would be awesome to be able to play any of the various state games nationwide, even if only on a subscription basis. I know I would have loved to play Ohio's Classic Lotto last year when the JP climbed over $50 Million. There are several other interesting looking state level games out there that I would try including your state's Match 6 game.

I'm not happy with all the multi-state games out there now like Powerball, Mega Millions, Hot Lotto, and Lucky 4 Life. All of the games have changed, or will change their game matrix as in Powerball's case, making JP winning odds much more difficult. In the case of Hot Lotto they also have a corruption scandal on their hands, so I'm boycotting that game altogether.

I hope the smaller state games stay true to the people that play them and keep the odds reasonable, and continue to offer worthwhile secondary prizes.

As for the PA Match 6 game (6/49) ... I do consider it a good value for the $2 ticket price ... I usually hate paying more than $1 to play a lottery game but the $2 Match 6 game gives a person three chances to win the jackpot plus a bonus chance at hitting something with at least four numbers (or more) anywhere on the ticket ... but it is still a tough game.

Here's what just happen to me in the last two draws ... last Thu (Apr 2nd) and last night Mon (Apr 6th) ... I usually play my numbers for two drawings ... I like to give my numbers a "second chance" at getting a hit.

I've had this happen to me several times over the years on Cash 5 and other games ... I play a QP or set of numbers only once and the next day I would have had a hit for 2 or 3 numbers. In the winter with snow or ice around I may play my Match 6 numbers for 2 1/2 weeks or 5 draws, in case I can't make it to a lottery terminal.

Anyway, last Thursday I played my set of Match 6 numbers six times each for two drawings (Thu and Mon) ... total $24 ... so I had my set of numbers played six times and then line 2 and 3 on each ticket is a QP ... as you probably know, you can only control the numbers on the first line and lines 2 and 3 are always QPs from the lottery or you can have all three lines as QPs.

Well, I like lots of repeat or duplicate numbers and four out of those six tickets this time printed out with lots of duplicate numbers and two tickets had triple numbers print like 42 on each line.

That's the only way the bonus part of the game can work ... having lots of duplicates and some triples in the total 18 numbers ... 10 + numbers out of 18 pays $2500 plus you will probably win some money from having three or more numbers straight across.

So if you have a total of 10 numbers hit on the ticket ... that's $2500, then if those 10 numbers were five across on 2 lines out of three lines, then that would be another $1000 a line ... so in the theory a person could hit $4500 that way.

However, I have had this happen many times ... tickets print out where every number is different ... no triple or duplicate numbers ... without them, you can never win much money on the bonus part of the ticket.

... but then there is the worst situation of all, your numbers have to bounce out ... which is what happen to me in the last two Match 6 drawings ... I had triples and doubles printed all over four of my six tickets and none of them hit ... every ticket was "almost" a winner ... I had 2 numbers across or 3 numbers scattered on each ticket ... spent $24 and won nothing.

Had some of my triple or double numbers bounced out ... I might have won some nice money.

I bought my Match 6 tickets today for the next two drawings and I got lucky with a lot of doubles printing out but no triple numbers this time.

I might add, I like to play a set of my numbers often more than once, perhaps if I would win the jackpot with a million or more and there was another winner, with 4 or 6 tickets I should get "most" of the jackpot ... lines 2 and 3 are still QPs ... so I still have a mix of numbers.

New Hampshire
                      United States
                      Member #136492
                      December 12, 2012
                      333 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2015, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Unusual format for your pick 6 game but I like it (unusual in that we have nothing like it here). Like you I prefer to pick my own numbers, and will change them up every draw unless I have a ticket that has only a number or two come up on all my 5 lines combined. In that case I will play the same lines in hopes I'll have better results next time. In my Tri State Megabucks game that only rarely happens as with 5 lines I usually win something on one of them. JP is up to 2.95 million for tomorrows drawing.

I see the Mass Megabucks is up to almost $1 million for tomorrows drawing. Good luck with your numbers CW!

United States
                        Member #161539
                        December 3, 2014
                        328 Posts
                        Posted: April 12, 2015, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Nice move up for this Wednesday ... April 15 ... seems to be taking off after such a slow start last month.

Saturday 04/11/2015

12-16-19-22-31-41

Next Drawing: 04/15/2015
                        Estimated Jackpot: $1,100,000
                        ($900,000 Est. Cash Option)