Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Euromillions

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Jordi88.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
London
United Kingdom
Member #148675
November 8, 2013
54 Posts
Posted: April 2, 2015, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Hi folks,

Once again a couple went public with there Euromillions win of £53m today even tough they had option to remain anonymous. As far as I can remember nearly everyone in UK with a major win on the Euromillions went public why is that? I heard you get some sort of help and financial advise if you do. You guys on this forum would love to have this option in USA. I personally would never do it no matter what help I would get.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2015, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

If you are in one of the playing countries, you can have a look at my website. The URL! 

What others do is their business. In GB there are plenty of rich people, many inherited their fortune, and nobody talks about the money they have. A lottery winner is a poor person next to those.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1522 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2015, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I will hire professionals that I trust to maintain the principle while investing.

We Yanks are curious about your view of the US ,State, and city taxes on our winnings ?

Hat

London
        United Kingdom
        Member #148675
        November 8, 2013
        54 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2015, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

It's just plain stupid to go public with a massive win if you have the option to stay anonymous. Just ask Adrian Bayford who won £148m 3 years ago on the Euromillion. He went public with his winnings which backfired with a messy divorce because his wife cheated on him with the gardener and car salesmen all this was publicised on the news.

London
          United Kingdom
          Member #148675
          November 8, 2013
          54 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2015, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

The Lottery is stupid and corrupt in the US ... They should take the taxes from the ticket sales like here in UK and not from the winnings

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
            Member #164603
            March 8, 2015
            614 Posts
            Posted: April 4, 2015, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

What's weird to me is that compared to GB very few winners from the other countries, Austria, France, Spain etc. ever go public, eve though Brits dislike people who "Flash The Cash".

The Irish winners of 80m �€ kept mum.

London
              United Kingdom
              Member #148675
              November 8, 2013
              54 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2015, 10:27 am - IP Logged

I think they go public because Camelot the lottery operator in UK give them some benefit by going public that the other winners who stay anonymous won't get..I personally would never ever go public :-)