Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you not in a lottery Pool at present. .

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 2 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4111 Posts
Posted: April 14, 2015, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Could you be persuaded to join one? I have often said that going Solo is the only way for me, although the thought has crossed my mind as of late in talking to some close friends. One the other hand l can't recall a pool pulling off the jackpot for some time- Your thoughts People...

* Have a Great Week Folks:Above all else-Stay Healthy. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2015, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

My work pool only comes into existence when the jp rises to over $200M and when asked to join, I always say yes. I would be depressed if they won and I missed out because of $2.  No amount of therapy could fix that.

That money's gone fo ever

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #77167
      July 15, 2009
      556 Posts
      Posted: April 14, 2015, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

I ran two lottery pools at work before I retired.  Make sure you get a copy of the tickets before the drawing.  You can always buy more tickets on your own too.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2015, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Could you be persuaded to join one? I have often said that going Solo is the only way for me, although the thought has crossed my mind as of late in talking to some close friends. One the other hand l can't recall a pool pulling off the jackpot for some time- Your thoughts People...

* Have a Great Week Folks:Above all else-Stay Healthy. 

Have some kind of strategy if you are going to start a pool. Even if it's buying your QPs from several different locations.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2015, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate,

All gambling should be a solo endeavor.

zephbe,

Poke around some of the threads here at LP about people who play in pools buying their own tickets on the side. The results aren't always nice. even if you win it might take years to get paid. Same goes for a pool winning and a former or unpaid up pool member wanting in on the jackpot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2659 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2015, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate,

All gambling should be a solo endeavor.

zephbe,

Poke around some of the threads here at LP about people who play in pools buying their own tickets on the side. The results aren't always nice. even if you win it might take years to get paid. Same goes for a pool winning and a former or unpaid up pool member wanting in on the jackpot.

I Agree!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4111 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2015, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

I ran two lottery pools at work before I retired.  Make sure you get a copy of the tickets before the drawing.  You can always buy more tickets on your own too.

"You can always buy more tickets own your own"...is a recipe for a lawsuit,  regardless of whether you have been childhood friends with the rest of the Pool members. That is why l hesitate to join.Money can destroy lifelong friendships. Coin Toss is right..

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4111 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2015, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Have some kind of strategy if you are going to start a pool. Even if it's buying your QPs from several different locations.

l think the rules to " buying tickets that are yours & yours only " apart from the pool need to be established prior to joining O.B wan.

Should you win using your own numbers: l foresee Chaos.No amount of explaining will Help. 

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4111 Posts
                  Posted: April 14, 2015, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

My work pool only comes into existence when the jp rises to over $200M and when asked to join, I always say yes. I would be depressed if they won and I missed out because of $2.  No amount of therapy could fix that.

LOL..No amount of Therapy.

CALI
                    Afghanistan
                    Member #118735
                    November 6, 2011
                    134 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2015, 12:04 am - IP Logged

We had each member sign a document before joining...

Hidden Plays… There can be no Hidden plays initiated by any person, including the ticket master involved in this group. No group members are allowed to circumvent the group plays.

Doubling Down If any person chooses to play twice the amount of the monthly set play amount, then that said individual will win twice the shared amount. This would in effect be as if they were playing another spot for a spouse, friend etc…

Carry Over… All wins from the previous month will be spent on the 1st play of the following month’s rotation. If an individual has decided to leave the group after the current rotation has ended and the next rotation wins; they will not be entitled to any of those winnings. If any money was won from the previous rotation and that money be carried over to the next rotational play, only current players in that current rotation will share in any minor or major winnings.

Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4111 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2015, 12:30 am - IP Logged

We had each member sign a document before joining...

Hidden Plays… There can be no Hidden plays initiated by any person, including the ticket master involved in this group. No group members are allowed to circumvent the group plays.

Doubling Down If any person chooses to play twice the amount of the monthly set play amount, then that said individual will win twice the shared amount. This would in effect be as if they were playing another spot for a spouse, friend etc…

Carry Over… All wins from the previous month will be spent on the 1st play of the following month’s rotation. If an individual has decided to leave the group after the current rotation has ended and the next rotation wins; they will not be entitled to any of those winnings. If any money was won from the previous rotation and that money be carried over to the next rotational play, only current players in that current rotation will share in any minor or major winnings.

That "Carryover Money" can be a Grey Area & a potential red herring when faced by  Savvy Attorneys on the opposing bench. Just saying Chopper. 

People lawyer up real fast when money is involved. Lately in the lottery News, we have a store owner suing a player for $350,000 when the store owner put no money up front and simply has a "signed" piece of paper stating that he will get some money. Your pool could very well come under attack from members who left prior to the win.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                        Member #133462
                        September 30, 2012
                        5946 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2015, 12:36 am - IP Logged

l think the rules to " buying tickets that are yours & yours only " apart from the pool need to be established prior to joining O.B wan.

Should you win using your own numbers: l foresee Chaos.No amount of explaining will Help. 

Sorry I wasn't clear. I know most pools play QPs. I was suggesting that as a body the group buys it's tickets from a variety of locations as opposed to buying 50 or 100 tickets from one retailer.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3300 Posts
                          Posted: April 15, 2015, 9:21 am - IP Logged

only some tight groups i  run pools for, one i ran i dont run any more and another guy runs. atm theres only a family one with 5 people in it, and has always been 5 people. and 2 others i go halves in. its a hobby and and i dont mind running it. all seperate, some i send money to, others send money to me.

the one ran by another guy, we used to have 7 people in boy that was a hassle. now there is 3 of us left.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297