Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Good Numbers/Bad Numbers

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #164725
March 12, 2015
365 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2015, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

I always look at my tickets after I buy them and determine whether they "look good" or "bad" on a subjective level.  I then check to see if they have won before.  My current PB ticket has 3 numbers that just won in the past 3 weeks, so bad, and a wasted 2 bucks.  I console myself from what I have read here that each game is new and prior winning numbers have nothing to do with the odds they will pop up again at any time.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4144 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2015, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I always look at my tickets after I buy them and determine whether they "look good" or "bad" on a subjective level.  I then check to see if they have won before.  My current PB ticket has 3 numbers that just won in the past 3 weeks, so bad, and a wasted 2 bucks.  I console myself from what I have read here that each game is new and prior winning numbers have nothing to do with the odds they will pop up again at any time.

It's anyone's game when all those balls are spinning around, until calm sets in. It's only " Good Numbers" if you find out you the Sole jackpot winner after the light go down. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      50995 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2015, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
        Member #164725
        March 12, 2015
        365 Posts
        Posted: April 15, 2015, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Though I still think my numbers and the odds for PB stink, I console myself with the fact that the 5/6 in California is pretty high. It was 2.2 million last time and tonite it shd be over 2.5 million.  I wd be more than happy with the second prize. Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19894 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2015, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

If you really think combinations that have already come are bad numbers why don't check them before you play and pick some others ones instead?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10389 Posts
            Posted: April 16, 2015, 1:12 am - IP Logged

From the OP of a thread started by OldSchoolPa:

Illinois Lucky Day Lotto drawings April 13 2015

Midday drawing: 1, 11, 30, 40, 41

Evening drawing: 1, 15, 30, 40, 42

So if you had got those numbers for the evening draw you would have considered them 'bad'?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.