Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Interesting Powerball Results Last Night

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Crazy Wombat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #161539
December 3, 2014
328 Posts
Posted: April 23, 2015, 4:13 am - IP Logged

I'm wondering if this will be like the PB drawing some years back in FL ... when four people all in the same county all had the same QP set of numbers print out ... they did not know each other and all four tickets were bought at four different lottery terminals in the county ... four different RNGs ... happened in June 2012.

Also, just like last night ... one ticket in 2012 was also a Power Play.

Powerball: There was no jackpot winner in the Wednesday, April 22, 2015 Powerball drawing, but 4 lucky players from Florida (1 with Power Play) matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize. 

No information yet ... last night could be a repeat of that senario or it could be one person who played their numbers four times.

June 2012 ...

Four $1M Powerball tickets sold in same county, at same chain

The odds of winning at least $1 million by matching the first five numbers in a Powerball drawing are 1 in 5.15 million. Four people beat those odds in Florida this week.

In the same county. Buying from the same grocery chain.

Four tickets bought from a Publix store in separate cities in South Florida's Broward County matched the first five numbers drawn on Wednesday night, said David Bishop, Florida Lottery deputy secretary.

Each missed the Powerball digit, but still won a prize of at least $1 million. One was an upgraded Power Play ticket, bringing that buyer's prize to $2 million.

"Four winners in the same county, all bought at one retail chain. It's really remarkable," Bishop said Friday.

Each of the tickets was a "quick pick," meaning the numbers were automatically selected at the time of purchase and none of the winners chose the numbers themselves, Bishop said.

Asked if the machines would be checked for any irregularities, Bishop said that "from an integrity standpoint, we always check that information." But the lottery doesn't suspect anything out of the ordinary beyond a statistical fluke.

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    Romulus,MI
    United States
    Member #142372
    May 10, 2013
    2359 Posts
    Posted: April 23, 2015, 9:40 am - IP Logged

UnhappyI am living in the wrong state!

You can do anything if you put your mind into it. The sky is the limit! Cool

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49835 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2015, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

I'm wondering if this will be like the PB drawing some years back in FL ... when four people all in the same county all had the same QP set of numbers print out ... they did not know each other and all four tickets were bought at four different lottery terminals in the county ... four different RNGs ... happened in June 2012.

Also, just like last night ... one ticket in 2012 was also a Power Play.

Powerball: There was no jackpot winner in the Wednesday, April 22, 2015 Powerball drawing, but 4 lucky players from Florida (1 with Power Play) matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize. 

No information yet ... last night could be a repeat of that senario or it could be one person who played their numbers four times.

June 2012 ...

Four $1M Powerball tickets sold in same county, at same chain

The odds of winning at least $1 million by matching the first five numbers in a Powerball drawing are 1 in 5.15 million. Four people beat those odds in Florida this week.

In the same county. Buying from the same grocery chain.

Four tickets bought from a Publix store in separate cities in South Florida's Broward County matched the first five numbers drawn on Wednesday night, said David Bishop, Florida Lottery deputy secretary.

Each missed the Powerball digit, but still won a prize of at least $1 million. One was an upgraded Power Play ticket, bringing that buyer's prize to $2 million.

"Four winners in the same county, all bought at one retail chain. It's really remarkable," Bishop said Friday.

Each of the tickets was a "quick pick," meaning the numbers were automatically selected at the time of purchase and none of the winners chose the numbers themselves, Bishop said.

Asked if the machines would be checked for any irregularities, Bishop said that "from an integrity standpoint, we always check that information." But the lottery doesn't suspect anything out of the ordinary beyond a statistical fluke.

It's strange how flukes keep turning up in Florida...

Like the Election snafoo that got Bush the Presidency... LOL!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
        Mcminnville, Oregon
        United States
        Member #3013
        December 13, 2003
        3055 Posts
        Posted: April 23, 2015, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

It's strange how flukes keep turning up in Florida...

Like the Election snafoo that got Bush the Presidency... LOL!

Yeah when I saw four winners in florida my first thought was someone played the same numbers multiple times too.-weshar75

US Flag

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
          Member #131594
          August 14, 2012
          171 Posts
          Posted: April 23, 2015, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I sometimes buy multiples of the same first five numbers with different powerball numbers. I kinda hope it was the same person just to give validity to that strategy.  Wink

I wonder at what point the second prize becomes parimutuel?

Lotto Lucy

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: April 23, 2015, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

It's like that time when 110 people played fortune cookie numbers in PB and all matched 5+0. MUSL must have an emergency fund for that kind of payday. They'd be crazy not to

That money's gone fo ever

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4111 Posts
              Posted: April 23, 2015, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

It's an anomaly- Some folks see a Conspiracy other Pure Luck.I mean, there is no Freaking way for the balls to " know in advance" who bought what where....of course the balls are not intelligent, although some would assume otherwise. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
                Member #161539
                December 3, 2014
                328 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2015, 5:58 am - IP Logged

I sometimes buy multiples of the same first five numbers with different powerball numbers. I kinda hope it was the same person just to give validity to that strategy.  Wink

I wonder at what point the second prize becomes parimutuel?

I think it's a good strategy ... it has worked over the years for some ... as for me, I have been doing that type of play with duplicate tickets and so far have always come up empty.

... maybe you remember this story ... again from 2012.

April 2012

Six $1 Million Winning Lottery Tickets Sold At Same Louisiana Store

On the heels of the historic Mega Millions jackpot comes the story of another lottery oddity.

According to Louisiana Lottery officials, six different $1 million dollar lottery prizes were won from tickets sold at a gas station in Watson, just 90 miles from New Orleans.

WAFB Channel 9 reports that one man spent six dollars on three winning tickets by playing the same five numbers along with different mega-ball numbers followed by the "multiplier box." That brought his winnings from $250,000 to $1 million per ticket.

In another twist of fate, the machine accidentally spit out a second print out of those winning numbers, which were sold to another customer a couple of hours later.

So far, the first winner, a 52-year-old man claimed a total of $2.1 million after taxes. The second person has yet to come forward for to claim the $3 million jackpot winnings, reports Fox News.

According to the Louisiana Lottery, the owner of the gas station will receive a $60,000 bonus for selling the winning tickets.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #104962
                  January 23, 2011
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2015, 11:53 am - IP Logged

It's an anomaly- Some folks see a Conspiracy other Pure Luck.I mean, there is no Freaking way for the balls to " know in advance" who bought what where....of course the balls are not intelligent, although some would assume otherwise. 

Of course the balls don't know in advance,  but the terminals know what numbers have been drawn.  So balls with different weight could be put in to get the desired numbers to come up, or not come up.

Trump 2016!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4111 Posts
                    Posted: April 24, 2015, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

" So balls with different weight could be put in to get the desired numbers"..Ok, l will play along with your so called logic Pick..

Answer this Genius: Would the folks in Florida be " in on the scheme" since All of the 2nd place winners from  this week's drawing were from one County? Are you also saying that perhaps snowbirds were told in advance that they would not be winning the whole Enchilada but would have to settle for 2nd place?

Is it *possible that there was a heated debate amongst these 2nd place winners that they would rather split the JP than be jackpot bridesmaids?

Your serve...

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4111 Posts
                      Posted: April 24, 2015, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

One more thing Pick..before you respond: Please for Heaven's sake do not say " it was pulled off  just because". Schemes come with an Agenda.All you have to do is read the recent article in the Lottery News section of a scheme gone South involving a Lottery Official. I know it's a lot to digest- but give it your best shot.l thank you in advance. Big Smile

United States
                        Member #161539
                        December 3, 2014
                        328 Posts
                        Posted: April 24, 2015, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

NG ... no argument from me about lottery balls possibly being tampered with ... we all know what happened in PA many years ago (1980), with small amounts of white latex paint being added to the lottery balls. I'm sure it could happen again somewhere but maybe not, with all the security in place these days.

My concern or interest is "tampering" with the computer "RNGs" today ... we all have been reading about the possible RNG tampering in Iowa.

I am not saying FL was anymore than a "fluke" in 2012 when four people had the same numbers in one county.

However, in a large lottery game ... state or national ... why couldn't any RNG be "fixed" for a few drawings to let a jackpot grow simply by elimating over half the possible combinations from ever printing out on a ticket.

With millions of possible combinations and over half of them not able to print unless a person has one of them filled out on a card ... there's no way for anyone to prove that millions of combinations are not able to be printed or have not printed ... maybe 80% of the possible combinations could be fixed to never print ... there would still be millions of combinations available to print but who could figure that out?

However, it might allow the jackpot to grow a few extra drawings ... it's not that a lottery doesn't want to pay the jackpot, just stretch it out for some extra play and income.

Of course, even with 80% of the combinations not printing, the jackpot might still be won with a set of numbers from the 20% pool of numbers that were printing ... nothing is 100% !

I am not saying that this has happened but just reading the recent news about the Iowa drawing ... the interest there was not to let the jackpot grow but to win the jackpot for themselves.

We know about the lottery official in Indiana who had control of where large prize scratch off tickets were located ... maybe this has happened in other states, someone sending their girlfriend to a small store to buy a book of tickets containing a large lottery prize ... and they got away with it.