Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Winning Tickets Left" Information ...

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 2 years ago by SafeCracker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #161539
December 3, 2014
328 Posts
Posted: April 25, 2015, 6:56 am - IP Logged

Anyone know from PA or from other states ... how often is the online information updated about the number of winning tickets remaining on various games.

Being in PA ... I have always wondered if there is an update several times a week, once a week like every Monday or they update when they feel like it or get around to it?

That information may be online at the web site somewhere under Instant Games but I am not seeing it.

Does your state indicate when the latest update was done?

So if a new game is still showing all the large jackpots ... but two may already be gone if nothing is current.

FORT WORTH Texas
    United States
    Member #166406
    May 18, 2015
    4 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2015, 5:25 am - IP Logged

It should be everyday. You should be able to call the lottery commission and ask them for that information.

Texas updates daily so I hope they are being honest.

United States
      Member #161539
      December 3, 2014
      328 Posts
      Posted: May 20, 2015, 3:31 am - IP Logged

It should be everyday. You should be able to call the lottery commission and ask them for that information.

Texas updates daily so I hope they are being honest.

Thanks ... that's good if the remaining prizes are updated daily. I just thought maybe  the updates would only be once or twice a week.

Also, I guess some big winners could already be gone but the tickets have not been cashed or processed yet ... someone in no hurry to do so or they don't even know they have a big winning ticket.

So a lot of different things could make the information not 100% correct for the lottery player. I wonder if all the state lotteries actually update on a daily basis?

Of course a person still has to be in the right place at the right time ... buying from right game. You buy three or four tickets and it's the next one that will be the winner.

Another thing ... many people don't seem to care about the remaining winners. I have asked people buying tickets ... $10s and $20s ... if they know for sure there are any big prizes left, most will say no ... they are just buying tickets.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
        Member #165244
        March 30, 2015
        227 Posts
        Posted: May 20, 2015, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

For the State of NY it is only one time per week.

United States
          Member #161539
          December 3, 2014
          328 Posts
          Posted: May 21, 2015, 5:59 am - IP Logged

For the State of NY it is only one time per week.

Maybe that's why it's a good idea to only play new games for 2 or 3 weeks ... the prizes are all there to win but as the games get "older", a person can't really be sure what's left to win ... talking about the larger amounts.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
            Member #165244
            March 30, 2015
            227 Posts
            Posted: May 22, 2015, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Maybe that's why it's a good idea to only play new games for 2 or 3 weeks ... the prizes are all there to win but as the games get "older", a person can't really be sure what's left to win ... talking about the larger amounts.

Might try that. Though Upstate NY is an unlucky area...or so it seems...

Eastern PA
              United States
              Member #165668
              April 17, 2015
              261 Posts
              Posted: May 22, 2015, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

PA updates there website and app twice a week normally but I have seen in the past few weeks only one update a week.

Detroit
                United States
                Member #161964
                December 17, 2014
                18 Posts
                Posted: June 2, 2015, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Michigan is pretty good about it, and appears to be daily.

I have seen the website get updated before the game is released officially (I presume by retailers that just don't care).

A new one just came out today, and I see there are already winners (total prizes - prizes remaining).

Of course, that's also assuming that those numbers are, indeed, truth.