Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Security

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Gwoof.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Horwood NL
Canada
Member #70613
February 6, 2009
299 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2015, 9:37 am - IP Logged

I have been using Mozilla's "Nightly" browser since it started quite some time ago . This browser is updated every night . About three months ago it started giving me a security warning when I try to log into my account on the Atlantic lottery site . I was wondering if anyone else was using "Nightly" and finding the same problem .
   I have no problem logging into my bank and other secure sites like this one when I use Nightly .
   I have been trying get the the Atlantic Lottery to update there security to the latest but they seem to think it is a problem on my end .
   I can log into alc using IE or Chrome , but they don't use the same security protocol to protect their users , you have to have your own Internet security .
   I was hoping if more people complained it would get them to upgrade their security .

MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
    Member #132100
    August 26, 2012
    1108 Posts
    Posted: May 1, 2015, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

I have been using Mozilla's "Nightly" browser since it started quite some time ago . This browser is updated every night . About three months ago it started giving me a security warning when I try to log into my account on the Atlantic lottery site . I was wondering if anyone else was using "Nightly" and finding the same problem .
       I have no problem logging into my bank and other secure sites like this one when I use Nightly .
       I have been trying get the the Atlantic Lottery to update there security to the latest but they seem to think it is a problem on my end .
       I can log into alc using IE or Chrome , but they don't use the same security protocol to protect their users , you have to have your own Internet security .
       I was hoping if more people complained it would get them to upgrade their security .

I think that you should not worry about it, unless the regular Firefox browser gives you a warning:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Horwood NL
      Canada
      Member #70613
      February 6, 2009
      299 Posts
      Posted: May 7, 2015, 7:05 am - IP Logged

I think that you should not worry about it, unless the regular Firefox browser gives you a warning:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

I can't see how using a different browser can make a site safe to go to.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        51098 Posts
        Posted: May 7, 2015, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Maybe you should verify your browser Security Settings!

In addition you should start using a Hosts File to Block Websites that are detrimental to your Computer!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Horwood NL
          Canada
          Member #70613
          February 6, 2009
          299 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2015, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Raven62

My security settings are OK. alc is the only site I get a "secure connection failed" warning.

Do you use mozilla Nightly ? If so can you access their site ?