Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Raffle Tickets on Sale - Drawing July 11, 2015

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 1 year ago by yellowpig.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #161539
December 3, 2014
328 Posts
Posted: May 5, 2015, 11:50 am - IP Logged

They went on sale today ... very early start this time. Nothing seems to have changed ...

Pennsylvania Millionaire Raffle XX Raffle Lottery Game

1. Name: The name of the raffle game is Pennsylvania Millionaire Raffle XX.

2. Price: The price of a Pennsylvania Millionaire Raffle XX lottery game ticket is $20.

3. Ticket Sales And Drawing Date: Pennsylvania Millionaire Raffle XX lottery game ticket sales will commence on or after May 5, 2015, and will continue until all 500,000 tickets have been sold, or 5:00 p.m. on July 11, 2015, whichever occurs earlier.

4. Ticket Characteristics: Each Pennsylvania Millionaire Raffle XX lottery game ticket will contain one chance consisting of one unique computer-generated eight-digit number between 00000001 and 00500000, the drawing date, amount bet and validation data.

5. Prizes: The prizes that can be won in this game are $100, $1,000, $100,000 and $1,000,000. A player may only win one time on each ticket or chance.

6. Maximum Number of Tickets Printed and Sold for the Game: There will be no more than 500,000 tickets printed and sold for the Pennsylvania Millionaire Raffle XX lottery game. The chances will be sequentially issued on a statewide basis from the range of individual unique numbers representing the chances available for the game.

7. Conduct of Drawing: The results of the Pennsylvania Millionaire Raffle XX will be televised on July 11, 2015, at or about 7:00 p.m. A computer-generated randomizer will be used to conduct the drawing. Six-thousand (6,000) unique eight-digit numbers will be drawn from the range of numbers representing the chances sold. The first four unique eight-digit numbers drawn will be the first-prize-tier winning numbers. The fifth through eighth unique eight-digit numbers drawn will be the second-prize-tier winning numbers. The ninth through 108th unique eight-digit numbers drawn will be the third-prize-tier winning numbers. The 109th through 6,000th unique eight-digit numbers drawn will be the fourth-prize-tier winning numbers.

Ticket Matching Exactly the Unique Eight-digit Number Drawn:

Winners                    Prize                   Odds          Winners         
First-Prize-Tier          $1,000,000         125,000            4
Second-Prize-Tier     $100,000            125,000            4
Third-Prize-Tier         $1,000                    5,000        100
Fourth-Prize-Tier       $100                       84.86     5,892

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: May 8, 2015, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I don't think I'll be in PA this summer so I probably won't play the best ran raffle in the country. I do well when I play this raffle

That money's gone fo ever

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
      NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3701 Posts
      Posted: May 27, 2015, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Picked up 8 tickets yesterday... 8 more to come in June!  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Pa
        United States
        Member #162117
        December 22, 2014
        85 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2015, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Why do you think it is the best run raffle?

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2015, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

1. The fact that the game is always sold out and the draw is always on schedule.
          2. The fact that players get 2 months to buy tickets and not rushed
          3. The 4 top prizes of $1M instead of just 1 and the incredible odds.

United States
            Member #161539
            December 3, 2014
            328 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2015, 5:12 am - IP Logged

Yes, maringoman has summed it all up ... but in "quick summary" ... it's all about the odds.

Is there any lottery game anywhere that you can spend $20 with four chances to win $ 1 million or $100,000 at the odds of 1: 125,000?

I don't know, there might be a better state raffle or lottery game somewhere. I have checked some state raffles but not all.

Some state raffles only have one shot a million dollars but for the same ticket cost ... a person gets four shots at a million dollar prize or four shots at $100,000 ... all for one ticket.

Some state raffles cost less but a person can figure it this way ... four chances to win a million dollars divided into the $20 ticket cost = the ticket price is actually only $5. If the PA raffle ticket cost only $5 for one chance to win $1 million dollars ... many people would buy more than one ticket anyway ... spending $10 or $20 ... but there would still only be one prize for a million dollars ... so now you either buy four $5 tickets to have a shot at $1 million or you buy four $5 tickets "at one time" spending $20 to have a shot at "four" $1 million dollar prizes ... all for the same cost.

I will admit, the best odds or not ... I have played all the earlier raffles and never won anything ... not even $100.

The "best odds" mean nothing if you never win anything ... but I still buy my $20 tickets ... why you ask ? ... because it's the game "with the best odds" !!!

To get serious for a moment ... I have not checked all the states or the world ... is there a lottery game anywhere with odds of 1: 125,000 to win $1 million dollars ???

CW

Pa
              United States
              Member #162117
              December 22, 2014
              85 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2015, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Less than 2 weeks to go, anyone know if we reached half way on sales?

Pa
                United States
                Member #162117
                December 22, 2014
                85 Posts
                Posted: June 30, 2015, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Got my first ticket this am, 258K range.  Need to average 21.3K per day to sell out.  The number of remaining tickets should soon be posted on the lottery terminals and website.

Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2015, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

I see there are still more than 100,000 raffle tickets not sold. I don't think they'll sell them all by July 11. I wonder what happened.

Pa
                    United States
                    Member #162117
                    December 22, 2014
                    85 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2015, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Yep, need to avg around 40K a day to sell out.  I thought the drawing in January wouldn't sell out, but it did the last day.  I believe the last two days of sales did hit around 40K sold per day, quite the uptick, almost too many to believe.  A few years ago when the tickets weren't going to sell out, the lottery discounted them a few dollars, cant remember the exact price.  If they don't sell out, I wonder if the lottery would  just buy the remaining tickets?

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3701 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2015, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

My guess is that they will sell out.  I don't know why there is such a ticket buying frenzy the last few days they're on sale, but that's something that's not unique to Pennsylvania.

The same thing happens in Connecticut with their SuperDraw raffle.

Maybe it's that 20 dollar price point that makes people hold off until the last minute.  Perhaps people are reluctant to part ways with a twenty until they realize there's precious little time to participate in the raffle.

Someone asked in an earlier post why another poster thought the PA Millionaire Raffle is the best in the country. I agree with the answer that it's all about the odds.  In Connecticut, there's one top prize winner of a million dollars, tickets are ten dollars each, and a max of 275,000 tickets are sold.  So odds of 275,000 to 1 to win a million dollars will cost you ten bucks.

In PA, there are four top prize winners of a million dollars, tickets are twenty dollars each, and a max of 500,000 are sold.  BUT!!  Players can think of one ticket as four tickets costing 5 bucks each.  So odds of 125,000 to 1 to win a million dollars will cost you five bucks.  Lower odds for less money!  IMHO that's a great deal!  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Pa
                        United States
                        Member #162117
                        December 22, 2014
                        85 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2015, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

We will see if they sell out, about 20 percent of the tickets still remain with 48 hours left.

JeetKuneDoLotto's avatar - mystic

United States
                          Member #161367
                          November 27, 2014
                          60 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2015, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

I see there are still more than 100,000 raffle tickets not sold. I don't think they'll sell them all by July 11. I wonder what happened.

Several consecutive monsoons happened.

Because of styles, people are separated.  They are not united together because styles became law.  But the original founder of the style started out with hypothesis - but now it has become the gospel truth.  Like boxing or fencing JKDL is a step by step project in which each maneuver must be repeated many times.  Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water.  Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.  Put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow, or surge or drip or crash.  Be water my friend. 

JeetKuneDoLotto's avatar - mystic

United States
                            Member #161367
                            November 27, 2014
                            60 Posts
                            Posted: July 9, 2015, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

My guess is that they will sell out.  I don't know why there is such a ticket buying frenzy the last few days they're on sale, but that's something that's not unique to Pennsylvania.

Maybe it's that 20 dollar price point that makes people hold off until the last minute.  Perhaps people are reluctant to part ways with a twenty until they realize there's precious little time to participate in the raffle.

Someone asked in an earlier post why another poster thought the PA Millionaire Raffle is the best in the country. I agree with the answer that it's all about the odds.  In Connecticut, there's one top prize winner of a million dollars, tickets are ten dollars each, and a max of 275,000 tickets are sold.  So odds of 275,000 to 1 to win a million dollars will cost you ten bucks.

In PA, there are four top prize winners of a million dollars, tickets are twenty dollars each, and a max of 500,000 are sold.  BUT!!  Players can think of one ticket as four tickets costing 5 bucks each.  So odds of 125,000 to 1 to win a million dollars will cost you five bucks.  Lower odds for less money!  IMHO that's a great deal!  G5

I don't know why there is such a ticket buying frenzy the last few days they're on sale

Fear of Loss.

Fear of Loss Again.

Be water my friend.  Water does not fear the cold or the heat.  It is simply a transmutation.

Do the seas fear the clouds? Does the ocean fear the glacier?

To win the lottery or any game of chance you must be like water my friend.

You must let go and let GOD.

Because of styles, people are separated.  They are not united together because styles became law.  But the original founder of the style started out with hypothesis - but now it has become the gospel truth.  Like boxing or fencing JKDL is a step by step project in which each maneuver must be repeated many times.  Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water.  Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.  Put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow, or surge or drip or crash.  Be water my friend. 

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3701 Posts
                              Posted: July 11, 2015, 6:03 am - IP Logged

As of 6 AM Saturday July 11th there are less than 65,075 tickets left.  Tickets can be sold until 5 PM tonite. I think they're gonna just make it!   The drawing is at 7 PM tonite. G5