Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should you win the jackpot- instant vacation till things...

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 2 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4105 Posts
Posted: May 6, 2015, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

...Die down a bit and then re surface to claim your prize? I think I would take that vacation, revitalize,get all my ducks in a row and come back " Tan, rested & ready "..

* Have a Great rest of the week people: Stay Healthy while you at it. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: May 6, 2015, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Develop master plan with a team of advisers because my mind would race until I have that figure out. Stay tanked up on whiskey until the two weeks expire. Claim and then take a 1st class road trip from East Coast to West Coast. I have done the south to north many times. Time for something different. Stock my cooler, rent a vehicle and hit the highway.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1510 Posts
      Posted: May 6, 2015, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate, Here in California we have to wait 6 - 8 weeks for the check after the ticket is validated.  And of course I will wait a few weeks after discovering that I have a winning ticket. During those few weeks I will be getting referrals from potential discount brokerage firms to find CPA's, CFP's, Tax Attorneys,  and Financial Advisers. There could be others such as Health Insurers, and Umbrella insurance to cover court and legal fees if I am sued.,  The ticket will remain in a safe deposit box until I take it to the Lottery Office to get validated.

Noise-gate, will you be coming back to Lottery Post and revealing your win ?  I think I will.Wink

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4105 Posts
        Posted: May 6, 2015, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Develop master plan with a team of advisers because my mind would race until I have that figure out. Stay tanked up on whiskey until the two weeks expire. Claim and then take a 1st class road trip from East Coast to West Coast. I have done the south to north many times. Time for something different. Stock my cooler, rent a vehicle and hit the highway.

That's called a Constant Loaded Vacation .O.B wan. I tried whisky & rum a few times but couldn't stomach it . It's red wine for me * occasionally of course. 

*  Btw - Are you " stationed"  in the islands at present or is that where you hail from?

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4105 Posts
          Posted: May 6, 2015, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate, Here in California we have to wait 6 - 8 weeks for the check after the ticket is validated.  And of course I will wait a few weeks after discovering that I have a winning ticket. During those few weeks I will be getting referrals from potential discount brokerage firms to find CPA's, CFP's, Tax Attorneys,  and Financial Advisers. There could be others such as Health Insurers, and Umbrella insurance to cover court and legal fees if I am sued.,  The ticket will remain in a safe deposit box until I take it to the Lottery Office to get validated.

Noise-gate, will you be coming back to Lottery Post and revealing your win ?  I think I will.Wink

The 6-8 weeks IS the vacation Music...Big Smile

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
            Member #133462
            September 30, 2012
            5946 Posts
            Posted: May 6, 2015, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

That's called a Constant Loaded Vacation .O.B wan. I tried whisky & rum a few times but couldn't stomach it . It's red wine for me * occasionally of course. 

*  Btw - Are you " stationed"  in the islands at present or is that where you hail from?

Well the whiskey is actually for that lag time between the win and the claim after meeting with my team. I wouldn't want to miss the state troopers tucked away in the bushes waiting to pull me over - lol.

*I do consultant work here.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4105 Posts
              Posted: May 6, 2015, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Well the whiskey is actually for that lag time between the win and the claim after meeting with my team. I wouldn't want to miss the state troopers tucked away in the bushes waiting to pull me over - lol.

*I do consultant work here.

* Outstanding. .

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                TX
                United States
                Member #121193
                January 4, 2012
                1637 Posts
                Posted: May 6, 2015, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

The vacation can wait...........Time to get busy interviewing 2 CPA firms that I know the managing partners of very well............Got 2 ATTYs (Houston & Dallas) who have written articles and collected for/represented winners of the MM jackpot/1 other  lottery jackpot.............interview 3 investment firms.. THEN go collect...get wills and estate planning squared away....THEN MAYBE vacation............

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Happy California
                  United States
                  Member #157856
                  August 2, 2014
                  1510 Posts
                  Posted: May 6, 2015, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Thank You CDanaT for your informational and well thought out plan & post.  Question...

I have signed my tickets, how about you ?   When would you fill out the rest of the back side of the ticket ?  I have heard that if you plan on creating a trust , A living Revocable Trust, then you need to leave space for the name of the trust.  I guess I will ask my Trust & Estate Attorney this question.  Here in California we cannot use a trust to claim the winnings.  Big Smile

Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4105 Posts
                    Posted: May 6, 2015, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

The vacation can wait...........Time to get busy interviewing 2 CPA firms that I know the managing partners of very well............Got 2 ATTYs (Houston & Dallas) who have written articles and collected for/represented winners of the MM jackpot/1 other  lottery jackpot.............interview 3 investment firms.. THEN go collect...get wills and estate planning squared away....THEN MAYBE vacation............

Point Taken CDana- l however run on the " Show me the Money" adrenaline.  I have no idea whether Texas pays out quicker than California- but twiddling my thumbs while I wait is counter productive. If it takes up to 6-8 weeks to pay me, l will go on vacation instead of stewing about" what if's" . l will count my chickens when I see that check in mine own hands..and not a minute before. If l can wait up to 8 weeks,so can those Professionals.You waited long enough for your ship to come in, what's the rush?  l do respect your view nonetheless. A vacation can do a world of good, clear the mind for the adventure ahead. Dance

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                      Member #164603
                      March 8, 2015
                      604 Posts
                      Posted: May 6, 2015, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

I would have to wait for the check to clear because the kind of vacation I would take I can't pay for with my savings.

6-8 wks is a long a*s time.

I could wait for two weeks some how, sure. But 8?

Happy California
                        United States
                        Member #157856
                        August 2, 2014
                        1510 Posts
                        Posted: May 6, 2015, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

See Ya! A bank or credit union loan would be necessary for me to go on vacation before cashing in. I could do that a few weeks before cashing in so I would be ready to leave Dodge.

noise-gate, Are you certain that your secret  would not get out ?Star

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4105 Posts
                          Posted: May 6, 2015, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Thank You CDanaT for your informational and well thought out plan & post.  Question...

I have signed my tickets, how about you ?   When would you fill out the rest of the back side of the ticket ?  I have heard that if you plan on creating a trust , A living Revocable Trust, then you need to leave space for the name of the trust.  I guess I will ask my Trust & Estate Attorney this question.  Here in California we cannot use a trust to claim the winnings.  Big Smile

We cannot use a Trust to claim in CA?- l read we can in the Official handbook,  something like " You can set up a Trust ".If memory serves me correctly. .It's the last bullet point. I stand to be corrected- as always Music. 

Happy California
                            United States
                            Member #157856
                            August 2, 2014
                            1510 Posts
                            Posted: May 6, 2015, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

I will leave the answer to Trusts in California up to a Lawyer. I will reread the Handbook. Thanks.

Happy California
                              United States
                              Member #157856
                              August 2, 2014
                              1510 Posts
                              Posted: May 6, 2015, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate, I just read bullet point #12 of the California Lottery Handbook. " A Declaration and Assignment of Lottery Prize to Revocable Living Trust can be requested from the Lottery's Investment Office. I will definitely contact the lottery office when I win.