Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think those ping pong balls should be allowed too..

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 2 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4106 Posts
Posted: May 14, 2015, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Rotate longer before the numbers are revealed? I realize that the collision between the balls makes it pretty * random , but a longer spin would satisfy my curiosity- Your thoughts? Suffucient rotation or not? 

** Have a Great Weekend People,  and above all else: Stay Healthy!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
    LAS VEGAS
    United States
    Member #47729
    November 22, 2006
    4494 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2015, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Eddessa_Knight

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7302 Posts
      Posted: May 14, 2015, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Rotate longer before the numbers are revealed? I realize that the collision between the balls makes it pretty * random , but a longer spin would satisfy my curiosity- Your thoughts? Suffucient rotation or not? 

Back in the day when they use three machines, there was a slight delay and it was almost like "sweating out" the third digit.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
        Happy California
        United States
        Member #157856
        August 2, 2014
        1512 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2015, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

The Lottery folks like Sam Arlen have to work in a certain time frame and limit. Due to televised air time.Rant  But, I do agree that the balls should be rotated longer.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

cbr$'s avatar - maren
          Cordova,Al.
          United States
          Member #104482
          January 15, 2011
          4881 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2015, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I  want to see them rotate longer.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1129 Posts
            Posted: May 15, 2015, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Aside from the limited timeframe they have to hold the draw, there is also a limit of when mixing the balls together longer has no improvement on the randomness of the draw. In other words, once the balls are mixed a certain amount of time and in a certain way (as prescribed by the machine's design), then mixing them longer is actually a waste of time and ball/machine life.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
              Northern Virginia
              United States
              Member #83350
              December 5, 2009
              1314 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2015, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

I've watched some of the Québec Lottery's 3-ball/4-ball drawings. The whole thing is automated. No one is in the room when the drawing is taking place. The balls bounce up and down in the machine for about twenty seconds before all the numbers are pulled simultaneously. 

Then you have the Mongolian national lottery. The balls are allowed to bounce around for about ten seconds before the first number is pulled, and it is 10-20 seconds between the pulling of the balls. There are three games - 4D (basically three Pick-4 drawings), 6D (like Ohio's Kicker), and a 6/42 game. The drawing show takes ten minutes, though.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4786 Posts
                Posted: May 24, 2015, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I think Mr. Moose should be allowed to drop those ping pong balls on Captain Kangeroo.

J'aime La France.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2657 Posts
                  Posted: May 25, 2015, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I think Mr. Moose should be allowed to drop those ping pong balls on Captain Kangeroo.

LOL someone ought to drop a ton of ping pong balls on you LOL

new jersey
                    United States
                    Member #150815
                    December 31, 2013
                    513 Posts
                    Posted: May 25, 2015, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

i  backed tracked 9 weeks of  pick 3 n.j  eve and  midday combined     53% of the time 2 odd 1  even  came out    47% 2 even 1 odd    22%  3 odd or  3 even came out so  its good  to   track odd  even  even  odd during the  week   watch your  cold   and  hot  numbers...if  a  hot  number  did  not  double recently it  will   and  also back track the  cold  number    doubles  how  long  it  did not  show,  now  u  have  a  slight  edge to beat  the  machine  the  hottest  digits  in  the  last 9  weeks  in  jersey is  273    which  came out  today may  25      the  3  coldest are  8    6     9      so  i  mix  the  them  up  2  odd 1 even   2  even 1  odd  try  this  method  it  works ,  good  luck

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4786 Posts
                      Posted: May 25, 2015, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

LOL someone ought to drop a ton of ping pong balls on you LOL

Your brilliance is blinding.

J'aime La France.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                        JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                        Member #141034
                        April 2, 2013
                        1408 Posts
                        Posted: May 25, 2015, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Your brilliance is blinding.

Feline hyperesthesia on MEMORIAL DAY?. Puleeeze, banish the thought.  No No

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                          Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4106 Posts
                          Posted: May 25, 2015, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Feline hyperesthesia on MEMORIAL DAY?. Puleeeze, banish the thought.  No No

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.