Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Arizona Lottery Website Updated

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Jamtastic.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #34931
March 9, 2006
98 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2015, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Now shows ALL scratcher prizes remaining . . example.  Previously only showed TOP prizes remaining.

2015 Arizona legislature passed SB1047:

"Stipulates the names of prizewinners receiving $600 or more are confidential and not public record for 90 days after the award of prizes or winnings"

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
    JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
    Member #141034
    April 2, 2013
    1408 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2015, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Now shows ALL scratcher prizes remaining . . example.  Previously only showed TOP prizes remaining.

2015 Arizona legislature passed SB1047:

"Stipulates the names of prizewinners receiving $600 or more are confidential and not public record for 90 days after the award of prizes or winnings"

Why just 90 days? Should just be confidential. We hope "Ronnie" has nothing to do with this.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1507 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2015, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

I hope that the Governor signs it into law.  Has it passed the Senate yet ?

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Arizona
        United States
        Member #165073
        March 24, 2015
        220 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2015, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Why just 90 days? Should just be confidential. We hope "Ronnie" has nothing to do with this.

They tried for full confidentiality last year; the bill didn't make it out of committee. It's a lot easier to sell skeptics on "give them time to prepare for publicity" than on "keep the names away from the public entirely".

And yes, the governor has signed it.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2015, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Evil Smile I think this is good for Arizona players

That money's gone fo ever

Bondi Junction
            Australia
            Member #57242
            December 24, 2007
            1102 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2015, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

IF I WIN THE JACKPOT, DO I HAVE THE OPTION OF REMAINING ANONYMOUS?

Jackpot winners are given the option of participating in a press conference. Many of our past jackpot winners have enjoyed this opportunity, and it usually eliminates receiving multiple calls from the media. The Arizona Lottery is required to release the winner's name, city of residence, game, and amount won upon request, so total anonymity is not possible.

We ask each winner, no matter the amount, for a quote about their winning experience; the quote will not include your name if you prefer to remain anonymous.

Arizona Lottery - FAQ

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7297 Posts
              Posted: May 24, 2015, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

They tried for full confidentiality last year; the bill didn't make it out of committee. It's a lot easier to sell skeptics on "give them time to prepare for publicity" than on "keep the names away from the public entirely".

And yes, the governor has signed it.

Most state legislators don't think playing lottery games is "real" gambling and the anonymity rules are not the same as for other types of gambling. Some states have Public Records Acts so it's not that easy to decide who gets anonymity and who doesn't.

United States
                Member #153935
                March 29, 2014
                29 Posts
                Posted: May 24, 2015, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure "Ronnie" will be going public as soon as he wins, regardless what the law says about it.