Welcome Guest
You last visited August 18, 2017, 7:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

QP or Randoms?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 2 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #166431
May 20, 2015
2 Posts
Posted: May 20, 2015, 9:41 am - IP Logged

I have always had more luck with random numbers, however many of my friends swear by the quick pick at the counter. Do any of you feel that random numbers are better than quick pick? or am I completely wrong in this?

homestead
    United States
    Member #158182
    August 14, 2014
    171 Posts
    Posted: May 20, 2015, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

I have always had more luck with random numbers, however many of my friends swear by the quick pick at the counter. Do any of you feel that random numbers are better than quick pick? or am I completely wrong in this?

Some people have luck with QP; some people do not and vice versa. Stick to the method that works for you. As Richard Lustig once said: Stick to you own numbers and never change them.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5247 Posts
      Posted: May 20, 2015, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

OL:

From 1998 2 2008 did "great" with QUICK-Trix (quick pick 2 those who don't know psyko). After 2008 things began changing  the lottery

terminals. The Lottery started using cheaper (less quality) programs to quick pick your numbers at their point of purchase locations<<<<!

Psyko thinks they cut the guts out of the program to cut down on pay outs without having to raise the price of tickets because, I was win'n

lot more than losses. Also, used a lot of my trix when filling out the bet slips. Over a period of time could not find a retailer that had lottery

terminal that didn't :

(1) have at least 20% number repeats

(2) consecutive numbers 10-11-12>>

(3) rows of low or high 1-5-10-19-20

(4) LOT's LUCK 2 "all" lottery PLAYER'$>>>>>>>>>2015 no matter how you pickum or playum>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$

PartyDanceParty

United States
        Member #164725
        March 12, 2015
        954 Posts
        Posted: May 20, 2015, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

OL:

From 1998 2 2008 did "great" with QUICK-Trix (quick pick 2 those who don't know psyko). After 2008 things began changing  the lottery

terminals. The Lottery started using cheaper (less quality) programs to quick pick your numbers at their point of purchase locations<<<<!

Psyko thinks they cut the guts out of the program to cut down on pay outs without having to raise the price of tickets because, I was win'n

lot more than losses. Also, used a lot of my trix when filling out the bet slips. Over a period of time could not find a retailer that had lottery

terminal that didn't :

(1) have at least 20% number repeats

(2) consecutive numbers 10-11-12>>

(3) rows of low or high 1-5-10-19-20

(4) LOT's LUCK 2 "all" lottery PLAYER'$>>>>>>>>>2015 no matter how you pickum or playum>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$

PartyDanceParty

Heh. You've been reading my tickets! I get QPs at one store and they are exactly as you describe but worse.  I always get the number 2. Now, these are for superlotto but the PB/MM are not much better.

Number 2!

Number 2!

Number 2!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Chasing the Dream.
          Utopia- California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4533 Posts
          Posted: May 20, 2015, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Doesn't matter- The ping pong balls are just that, balls: they are not intelligent.  "*They" have no idea whether the winning numbers are QP's or NOT !!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

music*'s avatar - bee
            Fresno California
            United States
            Member #157856
            August 2, 2014
            1827 Posts
            Posted: May 20, 2015, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! The balls do not know your race,gender,age,faith, etc...

Keep the good times rolling !!!  White Bounce

mrbg's avatar - NofVcy
              Nashville,TN
              United States
              Member #79101
              August 26, 2009
              12543 Posts
              Posted: May 20, 2015, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! The balls do not know your race,gender,age,faith, etc...

EXACTLY!!!!!

elkton, maryland
                United States
                Member #85565
                January 18, 2010
                1037 Posts
                Posted: May 20, 2015, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

But, they do know the Winkweight of the balls.

music*'s avatar - bee
                  Fresno California
                  United States
                  Member #157856
                  August 2, 2014
                  1827 Posts
                  Posted: May 20, 2015, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

The Lottery employees weigh the balls .   I do not know how often they do that.

Keep the good times rolling !!!  White Bounce

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #77167
                    July 15, 2009
                    655 Posts
                    Posted: May 20, 2015, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

I think it is luck for the most part.  So many white balls to guess.  A man bought a quick pick and played it for a number of years and it finally won.  That takes a lot of patience but it worked for him.   As long as you have a ticket you have a chance.  Good luck to you and all the LP players. Smile

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Poo Nanny's avatar - 2649029

United States
                      Member #125766
                      March 30, 2012
                      63 Posts
                      Posted: May 20, 2015, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

I always buy quick picks. I used to play my own numbers but I didn't win anymore than I do with quick picks. I got lazy and just get quick picks now. 

I agree with someone above about the same numbers at stores and just weird combos with quick picks. I usually buy my Lucky for life ticket at the same store every time on Wednesday. The reason is I go eat at this burger joint named Brays and have a smoke while I go to the store after. The last time the lucky ball 15 came up, I bought one ticket there and I got 15. I like to get a different lucky ball number then was drawn the last draw, it just makes me feel better lol. So I tell the cashier to give me one more ticket. 15 again. I joke with the cashier about it and tell her to give me one more. 15 again. We both start laughing and she tells me I don't have to buy it. I contemplated about buying it and she prints another one. 15 again. I just laughed and left. Went down the street and got one more ticket and got a different number. Lost on them all. Just the way it goes

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                        Member #142499
                        May 13, 2013
                        1313 Posts
                        Posted: May 20, 2015, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Some people have luck with QP; some people do not and vice versa. Stick to the method that works for you. As Richard Lustig once said: Stick to you own numbers and never change them.

You'll be luckier doing the opposite of anything Lustig tells you to do.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7542 Posts
                          Posted: May 20, 2015, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

"Do any of you feel that random numbers are better than quick pick?"

The last time I looked, quick picks are random numbers generated by a lottery terminal. If you use a different method to generate random numbers, by definition it's a self pick. There is no way to determine if a terminal generated QP is better than another RNG or player picks because the results are the same as probability.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                            Member #165244
                            March 30, 2015
                            229 Posts
                            Posted: May 20, 2015, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

QP. Because I cant decide what numbers make me feel lucky...

homestead
                              United States
                              Member #158182
                              August 14, 2014
                              171 Posts
                              Posted: May 21, 2015, 12:15 am - IP Logged

You'll be luckier doing the opposite of anything Lustig tells you to do.

True. For some reason, I think that Lustig fools the public when it comes to Pick 5 and Pick 6 Lotto games, PB, MM, and scratch card games. I believe that he really plays the smaller games like Pick-3 for example because the winner can wager $1000.00 on one set of numbers straight on every ticket repeatedly. If the selected Pick-3 numbers hit, that $1000.00 wager would become $500K. Since the odds of winning Pick-3 are 1:1000, I could see how Lustig really makes his money if he claims to have millions of dollars in the bank. 

If that's the case, Lustig has already told a person how to increase your chances of winning the Lottery by playing Pick-3 Lotto games because if you win, your name and face is not publicised as opposed to the Jackpot lotto winners.