Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Michigan transparency

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Think.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Think's avatar - lightbulb
Marquette, MI
United States
Member #20541
August 20, 2005
705 Posts
Posted: May 26, 2015, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Here are some Ideas for the Michigan State Lottery.

If the MSL is as bent on transparency as they claim to be then they can

- Switch from alleged "RNG" draws to actual televised ball draws

- Post the liability limits for each draw game on the web site

- Post total ticket sales and total $ prize wins per ticket per city on the web site

and last, but not least, they should post the name, position, pay, expense account info (if any) and the city of residence of every
MSL employee on their official MSL web site.

When the do that then they can complain about their schizo anonymity policy.

If they don't want to put themselves at risk then they shouldn't be hypocrites and put the players at risk!

If you have any other ideas how the MSL can be more transparent then please post them!

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
    Member #131594
    August 14, 2012
    171 Posts
    Posted: May 27, 2015, 11:14 am - IP Logged

I agree.  I would especially like to see the prize liability limits stated in clear language.

I would add:  Complete plain language rules for each game beyond a basic game description/how to play page. 

Virginia has recently added the rules for each game on their website.  Previously you needed to send a stamped, self addressed envelope to get the rules.  When I am playing a game I want to know everything that will be required or expected of me as a winner.

Even though I don't live in MI I actually play there a lot visiting family.  I would like to see MI and ALL state lotteries do the things you are suggesting.

Lotto Lucy

Marquette, MI
      United States
      Member #20541
      August 20, 2005
      705 Posts
      Posted: May 27, 2015, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

The MSL could post a list of all their vendors/suppliers on the web site along with what services or products the vendors supply as well as how much the MSL spends with each vendor/supplier.

They could also post a list of all the names of vendor employees that service MSL contracts along with the vendor employees position in the company and home city of residence for the employees.

Hey, if the MSL wants transparency then I can keep posting more ways for them to be transparent!

Marquette, MI
        United States
        Member #20541
        August 20, 2005
        705 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2015, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Another suggestion is for MSL top management to post the names and home cities of all their close relatives and state whether any of the relatives own stock in any of the lottery vendors or work for a vendor or if the relatives conduct business with any of the MSL vendors

Open and transparent!

Marquette, MI
          United States
          Member #20541
          August 20, 2005
          705 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2015, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

The MSL asserts that with player anonymity ticket sales would fall.  I am sure the MSL did their due diligence and is not just making a baseless assertion so why isn't the MSL open, transparent and forthright with all the data they gathered from the states that have implemented anonymity?

Certainly the MSL must have looked at the data from those states before they reached their conclusion!

The question then is if the MSL did their due diligence and they have the data why aren't they open and transparent with it?

I'm sure they wouldn't just say 'ticket sales will fall because we said so'  they must have the proof from those other states.

If ticket sales are falling in the states that implemented anonymity then why aren't we hearing from those states that they want to take anonymity away?