Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Music and Your Workout

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 1 year ago by SilverLion.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #165541
April 12, 2015
545 Posts
Posted: May 28, 2015, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I was curious what some of you players out there listen to when they do their workouts, and also curious to step in your workout.

When the numbers are drawn and its time to get to work, what is your favorite album to listen too and what are you tracking.?

There are probably many groups and methods.

For example I keep track of sum in pick three and update my data.  While I do that I listen to 10,000 Hertz, by Air.

How about you?  What is your favorite musical inspiration and favorite pattern?Guitar

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
    Pittsburg, Ks
    United States
    Member #3382
    January 17, 2004
    80933 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2015, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

I was curious what some of you players out there listen to when they do their workouts, and also curious to step in your workout.

When the numbers are drawn and its time to get to work, what is your favorite album to listen too and what are you tracking.?

For example I keep track of sum in pick three and update my data.  While I do that I listen to 10,000 Hertz, by Air.

How about you?  What is your favorite musical inspiration and favorite pattern?Guitar

When I am doing the workouts on the Kansas thread I am listening to the TV. MoatlyLaw & Order: SVU. But if I listen to music it would be either  classic Country or the Oldies like me. I don't track any numbers. To  lazy. Good luck with yors.

God Bless America

US Flag

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7712 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2015, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

That's a great question,love it! Wish I could listen to music when I "work",lol, but to me it's too much of a distraction. Does the dishwasher running count? lol 

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2015, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

White Rabbit.

Some Velvet Morning.

Nights in White Satin.

19th Nervous Breakdown.   

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kola's avatar - image
          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
          Member #28945
          December 25, 2005
          1528 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2015, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

Nice topic...I listen to many genres for my workouts. Everything from R&B, Pop, Big Band, Reggae, Broadway Showtunes, Rap, 70's singer/songwriters, Rock&Roll across the decades, a dash of Metal, or rather melodic Metal with classical overtones and much more. They all stimulate me differently. Most of the time though, I listen to the wide spectrum of country music from traditional to popish. I've gotten some of the best insights for my Magic Square System, which combines concepts from various subjects, while listening to John Denver and his songs abourt heart, spirit, nature, and etc... Songs about the Ineffable, lol, really inspire me to imagine and create from a receptive, clear-minded, and hopefully unbiased place. It wasn't John Denver, but a great insight occurred yesterday while listening to an old, but beautiful song composed by Riz Ortolani and sung by his wife Katnya Ranieri. It's called "Oh My Love". It's most recent replay was in a Ryan Gosling movie called "Drive". It's intense, beautiful, and has an ineffable quality:-). It inspired me to dig deeper and to remember there's always something more. Always. Take a listen or a look. Hope you enjoy it a little!

In the meantime, I'll check out Air's "10,000 Hertz", along with some from the other posters.

Take care!

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

Kola's avatar - image
            Blundering Time Traveler

United States
            Member #28945
            December 25, 2005
            1528 Posts
            Posted: May 29, 2015, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

White Rabbit.

Some Velvet Morning.

Nights in White Satin.

19th Nervous Breakdown.   

Green laugh

Nice picks there Coin Toss!

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: May 29, 2015, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Kola!

Smile

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                New Mexico
                United States
                Member #86099
                January 29, 2010
                11119 Posts
                Posted: May 30, 2015, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Deep purple, merely haggard,jeff beck, santana, foghat, ojays, beatles, Janis joplin, johnny winter, traffic.

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

United States
                  Member #165541
                  April 12, 2015
                  545 Posts
                  Posted: June 3, 2015, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

That's a great question,love it! Wish I could listen to music when I "work",lol, but to me it's too much of a distraction. Does the dishwasher running count? lol 

Thanks for replying everyone!

I suppose the dishwasher would count if its a melodic humming that can put you in alpha state.

I do agree with you though that sometimes the music IS a distraction.  So I do at times turn it off.

However sometimes I just have no desire to do a workout, so I try to choose music that can often motivate me to trudge along.

I suppose a good song for you west coast players,  would be California Dreaming by the Mamas and Papas.

United States
                    Member #165541
                    April 12, 2015
                    545 Posts
                    Posted: June 3, 2015, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Nice topic...I listen to many genres for my workouts. Everything from R&B, Pop, Big Band, Reggae, Broadway Showtunes, Rap, 70's singer/songwriters, Rock&Roll across the decades, a dash of Metal, or rather melodic Metal with classical overtones and much more. They all stimulate me differently. Most of the time though, I listen to the wide spectrum of country music from traditional to popish. I've gotten some of the best insights for my Magic Square System, which combines concepts from various subjects, while listening to John Denver and his songs abourt heart, spirit, nature, and etc... Songs about the Ineffable, lol, really inspire me to imagine and create from a receptive, clear-minded, and hopefully unbiased place. It wasn't John Denver, but a great insight occurred yesterday while listening to an old, but beautiful song composed by Riz Ortolani and sung by his wife Katnya Ranieri. It's called "Oh My Love". It's most recent replay was in a Ryan Gosling movie called "Drive". It's intense, beautiful, and has an ineffable quality:-). It inspired me to dig deeper and to remember there's always something more. Always. Take a listen or a look. Hope you enjoy it a little!

In the meantime, I'll check out Air's "10,000 Hertz", along with some from the other posters.

Take care!

Interesting tune Kola, although, I don't know if it beats out Nancy Sinatra though.

United States
                      Member #165541
                      April 12, 2015
                      545 Posts
                      Posted: June 3, 2015, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Deep purple, merely haggard,jeff beck, santana, foghat, ojays, beatles, Janis joplin, johnny winter, traffic.

Nice selection!  I haven't searched them all yet.

Smoke on the water...nice tune. 

I cant listen to the beatles too much as it evokes too many emotions, making it hard to concentrate.

I was doing a workout yesterday to a nice jam session with santana and some other hippies.  I will try and post it when I can.

United States
                        Member #165541
                        April 12, 2015
                        545 Posts
                        Posted: June 3, 2015, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

White Rabbit.

Some Velvet Morning.

Nights in White Satin.

19th Nervous Breakdown.   

Green laugh

I rocked these all to my workout coin toss. Thanks!

I found it interesting that Danzig did a cover of some velvet morning.

The chances of that is like the chances of JJ the prince winning the Mega Millions.

It was actually a pretty good cover.  Of course to make it all hardcore and stuff, they had to replace the lyric daffodill with the word kill.

And white rabbit is a great tune, and the lyric "When logic and proportion, have fallen sloppy dead" definatley rings true in lotto.

Thats what I sense sometimes when doing my workout.

Baton Rouge, LA
                          United States
                          Member #4602
                          May 7, 2004
                          699 Posts
                          Posted: June 7, 2015, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

I have a treadmill I work out on and usually have the TV on when I'm working out. I'm usually working out in the early evening so I have M*A*S*H reruns on MeTV. Sometimes I use the ROKU and watch some old TV shows on demand like some 1950s era Dragnet episodes or some old sitcoms on Crackle.com.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                            Member #52345
                            May 21, 2007
                            2659 Posts
                            Posted: June 8, 2015, 6:00 am - IP Logged

surprised no one has mentioned Pink Floyd's tune " money "

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19828 Posts
                              Posted: June 8, 2015, 10:02 am - IP Logged

If you're simply updating your data files and don't have to think then listening to music if fine.  But if you have a system for picking numbers that follow specific rules for predicting sums, trends, ranges and etc. then listening to music or anything else could be distracting.

It's almost like asking some one what music they like to listen to when studying and trying to learn Excel.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking