Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Idaho's MegaMillions Promo

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 2 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: June 3, 2015, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Idaho has an ongoing promo where if you buy a $5 (or more) Mega ticket on Monday you get an entry into a draw for $1,000.  The last draw only had a few more than a thousand tickets with the high jackpot.

I'm thinking that entries will drop since the Mega was won.

What think you?  Should I go ahead and buy another $5 ticket this coming Monday?  Do you think the odds to win the 1K drawing will be a lot better?

Arizona
    United States
    Member #165073
    March 24, 2015
    220 Posts
    Posted: June 3, 2015, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Could well be worthwhile. And even if it's not as large, $15 million isn't exactly small potatoes.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5603 Posts
      Posted: June 3, 2015, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Idaho has an ongoing promo where if you buy a $5 (or more) Mega ticket on Monday you get an entry into a draw for $1,000.  The last draw only had a few more than a thousand tickets with the high jackpot.

I'm thinking that entries will drop since the Mega was won.

What think you?  Should I go ahead and buy another $5 ticket this coming Monday?  Do you think the odds to win the 1K drawing will be a lot better?

Now is the perfect time to win MM. All the attention is on who won the big one. Personally, I can retire just as well on the cash value of $9 million Friday as I could have on the last jackpot. $9 million is plenty for me to do what I want for the rest of my life.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: June 4, 2015, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Now is the perfect time to win MM. All the attention is on who won the big one. Personally, I can retire just as well on the cash value of $9 million Friday as I could have on the last jackpot. $9 million is plenty for me to do what I want for the rest of my life.

Yeah I'd be extremely happy with a 9 mil cash prize too.  But MM feels like such a long shot to me.  It's been ages since I've matched even one number.  When I check my MM tickets I sorta lose the will to live.

So the promo would be more like paying $5 for a 1 in 800 chance of winning $1000. 

Of course if I won that, I'd spend a couple hundred of the thousand on another entry or two into the St Judes dream home raffle.  Jester

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #77167
          July 15, 2009
          555 Posts
          Posted: June 4, 2015, 11:39 am - IP Logged

I'm already retired and would love to win a smaller jackpot or 5 white balls.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5603 Posts
            Posted: June 5, 2015, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

You're already retired???

Yeah... go ahead...rub it in!

LOL

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: June 6, 2015, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Someone in Idaho is a Million Dollars richer from the only 2nd MM  prize tonight- here's  hoping that it's either "That Scary Chick" or you Holeekau.Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #77167
                July 15, 2009
                555 Posts
                Posted: June 6, 2015, 6:01 am - IP Logged

You're already retired???

Yeah... go ahead...rub it in!

LOL

I do not miss the daily 56 mile commute to work at all.   Crazy car drivers, truckers acting

like they were driving sports cars, and potholes are no longer a part of my daily life.  I do love it so. Smile

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: June 6, 2015, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Someone in Idaho is a Million Dollars richer from the only 2nd MM  prize tonight- here's  hoping that it's either "That Scary Chick" or you Holeekau.Smile

Thanks Noise Gate but it wasn't me. Confused

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4108 Posts
                    Posted: June 6, 2015, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Noise Gate but it wasn't me. Confused

Image result for i tried

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #94283
                      July 17, 2010
                      2284 Posts
                      Posted: June 6, 2015, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Wasn't me either.  Crying  Oh well, maybe next time.

Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4108 Posts
                        Posted: June 7, 2015, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

" l am retired"..

Wyatt Earp used them  in the movie  "Tombstone" which l watched with a few of my buddies last night.Many here are looking forward to their Earp moment when they hit it Big . Nice knowing you turned the corner already Z.