Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1 million dollars a year for life 1 winner left

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 1 year ago by yellowpig.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ozone park
United States
Member #57042
December 15, 2007
274 Posts
Posted: June 4, 2015, 3:54 am - IP Logged

The game started in September 2008. There have been 5 winners claimed. 1 bought in East Norwich,  10/08 (the winner actually lives in London and he actually gets 970,000 A YEAR for life because he does not have to pay federal taxes because we have a tax treaty with England so he is exempt), 1 bought in Syracuse, 6/09, 1 bought in Queens Village 12/11, 1 in Plattsburgh NY 08/13, 1 in Gouvernor NY 09/2014.

There are 1.35 million tickets left and only 1 winner left. that comes out to about 23,000 books left. BUT there are about 200 thousand tickets that have been destroyed or stolen. I am not sure what the odds are that the 1 winning ticket could have been destroyed. Remember that from 06/09 till 12/11 2 1/2 years there were no winning tickets sold. That is the longest stretch of no winning tickets in this games history.  Winners were claimed in 2008. 2009. 2011. 2013, 2014. It looks like a wining ticket should have come out 1 every year. If you think about it, there is 1 winning ticket every 3.5 million tickets printed. There were 21 million tickets printed way back in 2008. They seem to print the entire run at one time and distribute as they are needed. There ar now 1.3 million tickets left. the last person to win was September 2014. So who knows.

New York
    United States
    Member #156870
    July 2, 2014
    86 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2015, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for your info. Can you tell us how do you know how many tickets are left? Where did you get that info?

ozone park
      United States
      Member #57042
      December 15, 2007
      274 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2015, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Freedom of information act, otherwise known as F.O.I.L. with the NYS Lottery.

Lincolnwood, Illinois
        United States
        Member #165604
        April 14, 2015
        5 Posts
        Posted: July 11, 2015, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

I always find it ridiculous that the lottery cannot take the stolen or destroyed tickets into account. I am sure someone knows the serial number of the big winners and if tickets are lost or destroyed those books should be run against the master list and accounted for. Otherwise you might be chasing a needle in the haystack that is in the glove compartment of the tractor!  If you are top prize hunting you are way better off going after a game that has ALL top prizes left with a mild percentage of tickets already sold. That way you know there are still at least a few in play.

NY
          United States
          Member #167035
          June 22, 2015
          1340 Posts
          Posted: July 11, 2015, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

I always find it ridiculous that the lottery cannot take the stolen or destroyed tickets into account. I am sure someone knows the serial number of the big winners and if tickets are lost or destroyed those books should be run against the master list and accounted for. Otherwise you might be chasing a needle in the haystack that is in the glove compartment of the tractor!  If you are top prize hunting you are way better off going after a game that has ALL top prizes left with a mild percentage of tickets already sold. That way you know there are still at least a few in play.

agreed - hate NY's $30 ticket in general hope they come out with a new one at least comparable to PA's $30 ticket at 77% payout (this one under 74% even w the 20M top prize)

ozone park
            United States
            Member #57042
            December 15, 2007
            274 Posts
            Posted: July 18, 2015, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I agree that the destroyed tickets should not be destroyed. I think that when a business goes out of business or however it changes for tickets to b sent back, that the lottery should make provisions or they should sell them at their locations. This way they are always in play. With that said, I cannot think of another game that has gone on for as long as this one has. Let me put it to you this way it is so old that it was printed before they put bar codes on the tickets. It is the only scratch off that cannot be checked by the scanner and has to be imputed manually.  It has been going on since September of 2008 that is 7 years for one game to finally sell out. 

With that said, I do think that the winning ticket is out there somewhere. With all the attention on this one game right now, I doubt that they would chance losing their reputation and not having a 6th winner come out of this. So lets see what the next 4 weeks give us because I predict that this game will end the way it started in September of 2015. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE>

NY
              United States
              Member #167035
              June 22, 2015
              1340 Posts
              Posted: July 19, 2015, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

yup they better end this game soon and release a better $30 ticket - should do another freedom of information act to see how many tickets are left - still 10 or 11 2nd prizes in this game

ozone park
                United States
                Member #57042
                December 15, 2007
                274 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2015, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

You would not believe how much we spend on this game. Still trying to win the big one. The last one is for me. Still looking for the winning ticket.,

New York
                  United States
                  Member #157288
                  July 14, 2014
                  170 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2015, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Funny thing is the NY lottery didn't update their prize remaining list on Monday like they are supposed to, which doesn't surprise me. Today they updated it, it still has one prize left and one less second prize (9 down from 10), but they removed the game from their website list.

I know they had estimated there was 1,394,429 tickets left as May 2015.

What gives? Did the last jackpot ticket get destroyed? If not the odds of winning are less than 1 in a million. Pretty good odds...

I wonder if any of the second prize winners held out cashing in their ticket and plan on buying out as many remaining tickets as possible?

NY
                    United States
                    Member #167035
                    June 22, 2015
                    1340 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2015, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

who knows - game started w 21 million tickets so 95% sold think was time for them to retire it

was not expecting that to be retired till closer to the end of the year - did not have the time to put the champagne on ice to celebrate NYL getting rid of this awful game

my thinking is that there will be a new $30 that will be just as bad coming out in October

ozone park
                      United States
                      Member #57042
                      December 15, 2007
                      274 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2015, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Engmas for bringing this to my attention. I never thought of looking at the end of game lists. I think, that once there are less than 1 million tickets left they give it a cash final date., But the game is not pulled because there is still one remaining ticket left.

NY
                        United States
                        Member #167035
                        June 22, 2015
                        1340 Posts
                        Posted: August 18, 2015, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Engmas for bringing this to my attention. I never thought of looking at the end of game lists. I think, that once there are less than 1 million tickets left they give it a cash final date., But the game is not pulled because there is still one remaining ticket left.

once a date is listed a game CANNOT be reordered from the lottery regardless of how many tickets are left - whatever is left in stock gets sold or returned to the lottery in cases where there are no top prizes remaining