Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Test Drawings For Each Ball set/system

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 2 years ago by pepperjack.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #166751
June 6, 2015
17 Posts
Posted: June 6, 2015, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Since Powerball does test drawings pre and post draw, one would think those numbers should be figured into what the "hot" numbers are.

And let's say hypothetically 4 different ball sets are being used (not counting the PB ball sets), then one could further break down the hot balls for each ball set  (the numbers that most frequently get drawn both pre, actual, and post draw.

So if someone statistically counted the hottest balls for ball set number 37, ball set number 36, etc, you could conceivably have four sets of hot ball numbers to play at a minimum. If someone keeps such stats that way they could probably make money selling that subscription or service. Maybe such a service or system exists but I have only seen people counting hot balls from actual drawn numbers which only gives you an incomplete and inadequate data picture.

As for Mega Millions--- is there a way to view the pre and post draw numbers pulled for each drawing?

I am also surprised if both Powerball and Mega Millions are both run by MUSL why they are presented so differently on their web site. For example... with powerball you can look at total winners and see right away how many winners there were for each level of any given state. I don't see this with Mega Millions.  I would like to see Mega Millions consistently present the same info for their drawings the way they present the powerball info.  (so I can click on a state and see each tier of winners and how many)

Also for Lucky For Life, does any site post the pre and post drawing test numbers so someone can compile hot numbers if they wanted?

United States
    Member #166751
    June 6, 2015
    17 Posts
    Posted: June 6, 2015, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Also another good reason if there were a data base set up with pre test and post test drawings, one could quickly look up if their regular numbers were already pulled in a test drawing. If you have a set of numbers you regularly play and have for years, you might not play them if you saw they showed up already in a test draw. Could be another marketing angle for someone who decides to create and sell such a service.

Krypton
      United States
      Member #140102
      March 11, 2013
      904 Posts
      Posted: June 6, 2015, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

I've not had much luck using the pre draws. Some weeks all the numbers came from 1 week out, then 3 then 1 then 6 it was all over the map. Maybe you have had better luck

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19903 Posts
        Posted: June 6, 2015, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Also another good reason if there were a data base set up with pre test and post test drawings, one could quickly look up if their regular numbers were already pulled in a test drawing. If you have a set of numbers you regularly play and have for years, you might not play them if you saw they showed up already in a test draw. Could be another marketing angle for someone who decides to create and sell such a service.

Why would anyone want to buy a service that simply tell you the information that is posted at MUSL website for free?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #166751
          June 6, 2015
          17 Posts
          Posted: June 6, 2015, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

I was suggesting using all the numbers  from each ball set  going back since the ball set numbers were first being used, which is a lot of data that is not organized on the musl site except for what I think is a word document, not a database. It would need to be updated every week (if it were a service)--- and there would be a set of hot numbers for each ball set. To do this manually without a database of some sort, one would need to hand count a few hundred pages worth of data and then make sure they are separating the data for each ball set. How the data is presented now, to the best of my knowledge, is not a searchable database , nor a searchable data base by ball set. The average lay person does not design data bases nor may not have time to update the numbers each week, so it could be a service one would be willing to pay for if they believe that some numbers are "hot" over the course of history of the existence of each  current ball set.

United States
            Member #166751
            June 6, 2015
            17 Posts
            Posted: June 11, 2015, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Good afternoon

can anyone answer these questions?

Thank you in advance

1. Lucky For Life, does any site post the pre and post drawing test numbers so someone can compile hot numbers if they wanted? (I don't know if MUSL makes public the test drawing numbers)

2.Mega Millions, does any site post the pre and post drawing test numbers so someone can compile hot numbers if they wanted? (I don't know if MUSL makes public the test drawing numbers)

3. I have seen another site that lists the percentage of which numbers are drawn the most (so on this other site you can see hottest numbers and coldest numbers over a long period of time)--- BUT I find this information is not so valuable if they are not distinguished by ball set AND not including pre and post test draws. Breaking down the hot balls for each ball set  (the numbers that most frequently get drawn both pre, actual, and post draw.) would give an accurate picture of the hottest balls. I am surprised I have not read about any serious players feeling the same way? (I am a casual player but would utilize a service that did offer this kind of information because I think that kind of "system" would be more valuable than any kind of other system.

Again, thank you for any information and answers.

Taurus$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Ft. Washington, MD
              United States
              Member #159267
              September 20, 2014
              123 Posts
              Posted: June 11, 2015, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Good afternoon

can anyone answer these questions?

Thank you in advance

1. Lucky For Life, does any site post the pre and post drawing test numbers so someone can compile hot numbers if they wanted? (I don't know if MUSL makes public the test drawing numbers)

2.Mega Millions, does any site post the pre and post drawing test numbers so someone can compile hot numbers if they wanted? (I don't know if MUSL makes public the test drawing numbers)

3. I have seen another site that lists the percentage of which numbers are drawn the most (so on this other site you can see hottest numbers and coldest numbers over a long period of time)--- BUT I find this information is not so valuable if they are not distinguished by ball set AND not including pre and post test draws. Breaking down the hot balls for each ball set  (the numbers that most frequently get drawn both pre, actual, and post draw.) would give an accurate picture of the hottest balls. I am surprised I have not read about any serious players feeling the same way? (I am a casual player but would utilize a service that did offer this kind of information because I think that kind of "system" would be more valuable than any kind of other system.

Again, thank you for any information and answers.

Pepperjack, the information you are inquring about, pre and post test draws are impossible to access. The lottery folks do not want the general public to know what they do pre and post drawings. This is why they only present data from the actual draws. They want you to use that data to make the best educated guess on which hot and cold numbers to use. That kind of info that you talk about, a lot of people who understand how to use that data would kill for that stuff. But not a lot of people have the time and patience to sift thru all that data. If any of that information became public the lottery folks will be having a field day sending people to jail. They do not want people knowing too much or they will go broke.

United States
                Member #166751
                June 6, 2015
                17 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2015, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

Pepperjack, the information you are inquring about, pre and post test draws are impossible to access. The lottery folks do not want the general public to know what they do pre and post drawings. This is why they only present data from the actual draws. They want you to use that data to make the best educated guess on which hot and cold numbers to use. That kind of info that you talk about, a lot of people who understand how to use that data would kill for that stuff. But not a lot of people have the time and patience to sift thru all that data. If any of that information became public the lottery folks will be having a field day sending people to jail. They do not want people knowing too much or they will go broke.

Taurus$, MUSL DOES show pre and post drawing data for powerball. (and they have for many years).

I have been unable to find out if they show pre and post test drawing numbers for Lucky for Life and for Mega Millions.

Pinkpansies's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
                  Member #58857
                  February 27, 2008
                  112 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2015, 1:05 am - IP Logged

If you go to the Powerball website, it actually has the test drawings for Mega Millions as well.  (Note it is the powerball website, not mega millions)  Click on the Mega Millions numbers and down at the bottom where it says the verbiage "Every attempt is made to make sure this list of numbers is accurate....etc."  There is a small yellow ball.  You can click on that and it will download a word file with the pre-test information.  They have three pre-tests and then the main drawing, no post tests.

United States
                    Member #166751
                    June 6, 2015
                    17 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2015, 5:53 am - IP Logged

Well Thank you Pinkpansies, I never noticed that and also thank you for distinguishing those 2 websites and pieces of information.  I like that you can view total breakdown of winners by state on the powerball site and never realized they did the same for mega millions because I had been looking at the mega millions site. Interesting there are 2 different sites (I assume from MUSL)-- but the presentation and user friendliness is so different.

Thank you again for being so helpful!

United States
                      Member #166751
                      June 6, 2015
                      17 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2015, 5:59 am - IP Logged

I was wrong about Total winners by state for mega millions--- I assumed the link that said total winners broke it down by state like the powerball did since both seem to originate from the powerball site.